Puzzle....New 850 Doo burn down issues are real!

Poncho

In the mountains in hard running, yeah, they all go through a lot of belts. 

Watch a Slednecks video, or the like..... and you'll understand.  I'm amazed that the belts last as long as they do. 

2 hours ago, Garth said:

Since all manufacturer offer a 165+ length,  they should all be having these major belt issues??

Not the case.

42 minutes ago, Puzzleboy said:

In the mountains in hard running, yeah, they all go through a lot of belts. 

Watch a Slednecks video, or the like..... and you'll understand.  I'm amazed that the belts last as long as they do. 

Wrong, Garth is right again, Polaris have a 174, 163, 155 and 146, no belt issues.  It's all about clutch efficiency and Skidoo has struggled with clutching since the 1979 Blizzard series.....poor Puzzle

That's funny.  :lmao:

No belt issues...... interesting.  How many mountain guys have you talked to lately?  They routinely go through belts..... it's all part of the game in powder. 

So it's "clutch efficiency" now....... yet most of the anti-BRP contingent posted earlier it was "clearly a heat issue", too much insulation, etc..  You experts need to make up your minds. 

You guys better let BRP know, with all that knowledge.  Maybe they just need a calibrated dipstick. 

Edited by Puzzleboy

7 minutes ago, Puzzleboy said:

That's funny.  :lmao:

No belt issues...... interesting.  How many mountain guys have you talked to lately?  They routinely go through belts..... it's all part of the game in powder. 

So it's "clutch efficiency" now....... yet most of the anti-BRP contingent posted earlier it was "clearly a heat issue", too much insulation, etc..  You experts need to make up your minds. 

You guys better let BRP know, with all that knowledge.  Maybe they just need a calibrated dipstick. 

They will eventually figure it out from Polaris.......and yes, very simple, clutch efficiency is very important, If belts burn, clutch efficiency is lacking.....we get it, you are a square shaft Blizzard Belt Boy, it's going to be very hard on you.......you better sit down. Garth has just text me, so get ready...Tommy is nearby as well.  He said the guy with the 850 ran out of gas half way down the 1000 foot track.

• Like 1

You're losing it, from the sounds of it.  Who said clutch efficiency is not important?  And are you saying belts can only get hot from a lack of efficiency? 

Because your other BRP buddies are saying it's from a lack of cowl cooling, too much insulation, etc. 

You guys can't even keep your stories straight....... this is getting better and better!

Never seen a square shaft clutch Poncho.  :)

:lmao:

2 minutes ago, Poncho said:

They will eventually figure it out from Polaris.......and yes, very simple, clutch efficiency is very important, If belts burn, clutch efficiency is lacking.....we get it, you are a square shaft Blizzard Belt Boy, it's going to be very hard on you.......you better sit down. Garth has just text me, so get ready...Tommy is nearby as well.  He said the guy with the 850 ran out of gas half way down the 1000 foot track.

4 minutes ago, Puzzleboy said:

Not sure, it might!  But my one old Buzzard has a comet on it, as the stock Doo primaries were known to explode!

Lol

Yes, Doo primaries still do, especially the 850's...LOL

Ah. I have 2 454's and they both have the comet on them. I actually got  2 9500 in a deal years ago I was going to bring one back to life, but the chassis/hoods were too rough so I just stripped em down. I still have a lot of parts but prob gettin rusty. 

• Platinum Contributing Member

Anyone seen the video of the 850 clutch in a lathe?

Some company called Redline Performance is fixing them. I have no idea how to link to a Facebook vid.

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Anyone seen the video of the 850 clutch in a lathe?

Some company called Redline Performance is fixing them. I have no idea how to link to a Facebook vid.

Saw that video.  Was trying to find a link so I could post it here.  The wobble in the clutch was crazy

On March 20, 2017 at 10:47 AM, Puzzleboy said:

I did?  :lmao:

Bolt on a Poo primary, done.  Just carry extra springs with you. 

I would stay with the tried and true TRA's.....LOL

image.jpeg

Edited by Poncho