Puzzle....New 850 Doo burn down issues are real!

Poncho

Except Yamacat has issued an SB for turbo bolts, fuel rail bolts, etc. 

The biggest legit 850 issue I've seen is water pumps.  Hopefully they get it sorted. 

1 minute ago, Garth said:

Good post . Would agree the 850 issues are mostly Internet issues just like the Sidewinder turbo falling off..

What was the issue with your 13 Indy? I can't see any abortion on the back of my 15?? 

Assume the bulletin is just checking torque?

If the 850 has a water pump issue I'm sure BRP will adress it. They generally don't hide from issues. What's up with the Water pump anyway? You'd think there would be a thousand posts on it if true??

Yep, checking torque so that your turbo doesn't fall off on the trail.  Maybe a locking mech too, IDK. 

Apparently Yamaha is furious with Cat's QC.  We're talking a major Japanese engineering concern, having their engines installed in sleds installed by backwoods tractor mechanics.  I talked to a Yamaha dealer - "everything Cat on this sled is shit"

Not a thousand posts, but one guy on DT had his repaired twice.  Not sure what the issue is.  Even if it's a vendor issue, the machine still says BRP on it. 

I rode with a fella who was on his second 850 motor and he chewed a belt trying to keep up with me on the trails. Definitely a nice peice of equipment though. Not a single thing wrong with my 800 in 3000 miles but yeah keep plugging away with your 1200 km season tinker nothing should break with those hard miles. 

7 minutes ago, Reevester said:

I rode with a fella who was on his second 850 motor and he chewed a belt trying to keep up with me on the trails. Definitely a nice peice of equipment though. Not a single thing wrong with my 800 in 3000 miles but yeah keep plugging away with your 1200 km season tinker nothing should break with those hard miles. 

Well said. Some of us on this site actually ride our snomobiles.

Belts blow....... is there news here somewhere?  Lol

And you haven't had to change a belt in 3000 miles? 

29 minutes ago, Reevester said:

Edited by Puzzleboy

Just now, Puzzleboy said:

Where did it say sub 200 miles? 

It's been all over doo talk.   It's the 2012 procross all over again.  

On a side note you seem to be on here frantically replying to failed doos.  Do you ride sleds anymore? :dunno: 

1 minute ago, Puzzleboy said:

Belts blow....... is there news here somewhere?  Lol

He claimed he was getting 800 km to belt and had already ripped all the foam off the side panel for more air to cool the clutches. The issue is obviously heat. Good thing he had a third belt in the truck so not to worry and keep her pinned. Most fun I ever had running with another sledder we played cat and mouse up and down the canyon loop, I was out in front and when he went for the pass she let go. 

Oh, I read it on the internet.  :lmao:

Not defending anything, but lots of internet b.s. lately.  Tell me this...... If 30% of 850s are failing, what are the odds that Tinker's dealer sold 60 of them and has had no failures?  Pretty remote, I'd say. 

Yep, still ride.  You?

On a side note you seem to be on here frantically replying to failed doos.  Do you ride sleds anymore? :dunno: 

Edited by Puzzleboy

BRP said the issue is obviously heat? 

Just now, Reevester said:

He claimed he was getting 800 km to belt and had already ripped all the foam off the side panel for more air to cool the clutches. The issue is obviously heat. Good thing he had a third belt in the truck so not to worry and keep her pinned. Most fun I ever had running with another sledder we played cat and mouse up and down the canyon loop, I was out in front and when he went for the pass she let go. 

2 minutes ago, Puzzleboy said:

Not defending anything, but lots of internet b.s. lately.  Tell me this...... If 30% of 850s are failing, what are the odds that Tinker's dealer sold 60 of them and has had no failures?  Pretty remote, I'd say. 

OK on the same account if you read it on ty about turbos you should take it  with the same stock you do on doo talk.  Pretty easy :bc: 

Never been to TY.  But have talked with a Yammy dealer, and I posted what he said. 

And if a manufacturer issues a SB, there might be a problem.  ANY manufacturer..... including you anti- BRP loyalists...... Lol

Edited by Puzzleboy

Do you have a copy of that SB?  So BRP is saying to remove foam, and that a belt life of 800kms is satisfactory. 

Seems a bit hard to believe. 

Just now, Reevester said:

Well when they are telling the owners to pull off the foam to get some more air flow I'd assume it's the issue. :dunno:

Not brand loyal at all (maybe a little), just want to ride high tech and well engineered sleds that aren't worth half their value next year.  There isn't much choice. 

And I have owned 34 sleds.  Most were Doos...... not one engine failure.  Never been stranded, but have blown belts, an injector, recoils, etc. 

So, gotta take what you read on the interwebs with a dose of real world context. 

But you anti-BRP heads will never give another brand a chance.  :)  I'd buy anything that worked.  If Poo or Cat comes out with something, I'll consider it. 

Edited by Puzzleboy

1 minute ago, Puzzleboy said:

Not brand loyal at all, just want to ride high tech and well engineered sleds that aren't worth half their value next year.  There isn't much choice. 

But you anti-BRP heads will never give another brand a chance.  :)

I've hat cats during the failure of the fusion.  I'd love to try an xrs renegade :bc: 

19 minutes ago, Puzzleboy said:

Yep, still ride.  You?

If you actual believe anything a dealer says about their products quality, you have been eating way to many dumb pills.

Try actually sticking your head in a doo dealers repair shop. It ain,t pretty.

There,s a good reason they try hard to actually not  let anyone in that area, with their posted signs on the door.

For safety reasons my ass.

My loyalty is to my hard earned dollars.

If it isn,t reliable, I want no part of it. That is why I ride 4 strokes, both Yamaha and Arctic Cat.

Edited by Frostynuts

5 minutes ago, Puzzleboy said:

Do you have a copy of that SB?  So BRP is saying to remove foam, and that a belt life of 800kms is satisfactory. 

Seems a bit hard to believe. 

No the skidoo mechanic in Hurst told him that, where did I say 800 km was satisfactory?

And yet Tinker's dealer sold at least 60 (850s alone)..... and no failures.  Hmmmmmmm....

Name a couple dealers that have a shop full of 850s, I'd like to find out the truth myself. 

Reliable - Arctic Cat.  Never thought I'd see those in the same sentence.  :lmao:

Poor Fuzzy. 

5 minutes ago, Frostynuts said:

If you actual believe anything a dealer says about their products quality, you have been eating way to many dumb pills.

Try actually sticking your head in a doo dealers repair shop. It ain,t pretty.

There,s a good reason they try hard to actually let anyone in those any for, with their posted signs on the door.

For safety reasons my ass.

My loyalty is to my hard earned dollars.

If it isn,t reliable, I want no part of it. That is why I ride 4 strokes, both Yamaha and Arctic Cat.

Edited by Puzzleboy

No, what I said is, I find it hard to believe that if I was at a Doo dealer, and they told me to remove foam, and I also mentioned an "800 km belt life", that they would send me on my way and not do anything about it.  If there were truly a design issue that affected all 850 owners, don't you think BRP would address it?  Or Poo, or Cat, for that matter? 

I personally know 4 850 owners..... no belt issues yet, or any other issues to be honest. 

No the skidoo mechanic in Hurst told him that, where did I say 800 km was satisfactory?

19 minutes ago, Puzzleboy said:

No, what I said is, I find it hard to believe that if I was at a Doo dealer, and they told me to remove foam, and I also mentioned an "800 km belt life", that they would send me on my way and not do anything about it.  If there were truly a design issue that affected all 850 owners, don't you think BRP would address it?  Or Poo, or Cat, for that matter? 

I personally know 4 850 owners..... no belt issues yet, or any other issues to be honest. 

We weren't at the dealer. Just a friend that we know works at the skidoo dealer in Hearst mentioned trying it. Possibly could be an alignment  issue too. I'm sure they would address it too but we (me and you) no there isn't a huge issue. Seen a ton of 850s all were extremely happy. 

Sidenote- when he was in Quebec he said a gas station wasn't allowing the sidewinder and I would assume the Tcat and 9000 to burp the tanks because some how full was getting dumped into the intake I guess and 2 had caught fire in the parking lots. Don't hold me to that that though just word of mouth.....

17 minutes ago, Puzzleboy said:

More importantly Reev, how were the trails? 

You know, on that Cockring trip we weren't invited on?  :)

They were hard and fast. Was quite icy from val gange south to Kirkland lake but still enjoyable and safe with studs and scratchers. A small dump of snow would make it even better for the next 2 weeks.

Edited by Reevester