Puzzle....New 850 Doo burn down issues are real!

Poncho

Paging Puzzler. We need someone to start defending doos equivalent to 4 stroke quality built engines.

They must of forgot to train the monkeys who tighten the bolts. What a pile of garbage.

Glad to see my buddy got rid of his. What good is warranty when it takes a couple of months to get a replacement engine, and the season is over ?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Frostynuts said:

Paging Puzzler. We need someone to start defending doos equivalent to 4 stroke quality built engines.

They must of forgot to train the monkeys who tighten the bolts. What a pile of garbage.

Glad to see my buddy got rid of his. What good is warranty when it takes a couple of months to get a replacement engine, and the season is over ?

Not the paper its written on.  Never buy the first year model still applies.

• Like 1

Poor Guido. 

I wouldn't defend anybody's silly claim prior to the season starting.  But I know several people with 850s, and nobody has had an issue.  Unlike yourself, I don't look at one picture on the interwebs and decide they're all garbage.  I went onto the Doo forum to see what people are actually saying.  Very few failures in the "850 issues thread".  Several water pump failures.  And everybody seems to like the powerplant. 

Yeah, they must "of".  :lmao:

How much did your buddy make on trading his..... $5000 I believe? 

3 hours ago, Frostynuts said:

Edited by Puzzleboy

Quote by another unsatisified customer  " currently i have a 850 skidoo , 2 -800 . and a sidewinder , the 850 skidoo r a big disapointing sled , handles like shit under power way to much $$$. for what u get , the sidewinder is very impressive and has improved amazely , everytime we ride everyone wants to ride the sidewinder now ".

Has improved amazely?  Sorry, I can only consider people's opinions who are literate. 

Well, that would be the first time I have heard that it was underpowered or handled poorly.  Everything I've read is to the contrary. 

Poor Guido is just making stuff up now...... :lmao:

Edited by Puzzleboy

58 minutes ago, scottyr said:

Word coming from the BRP dealer meeting last week is that the 850 has close to a 30% failure rate.

Puzzler will never believe that, unless you can provide the name and address of every owner.

Good thing they were a limited build. This news should help wake up sledders wanting to spring order a new one.

There is a reason my last doo was a 1998 model. Some brand loyalists never learn, and keep swallowing the yellow water. 

4 hours ago, scottyr said:

Word coming from the BRP dealer meeting last week is that the 850 has close to a 30% failure rate.

When the procross came out in 2012 what was the percentage of failures? I bet every unit built went back for some kind of warranty work.

• Like 1

Rode with a pair of 2013 800 etecs. One dropped a cylinder at 8000 km and the second one blew 2 belts in an afternoon. Both guys were headed to Cochrane on Wednesday. They are in scramble mode. 

4 hours ago, scottyr said:

Puzzle said they built 7500 of those things, man that's over 2200 blown up Skidogs.....

16 minutes ago, Poncho said:

Puzzle said they built 7500 of those things, man that's over 2200 blown up Skidogs.....

No wonder they have to charge so much for those POS. They probably charged each guy for an extra engine, right off the bat. LOL

2200 hundred engines wouldn,t come cheap. Imagine how the owners feel while waiting for a replacement engine which will be delivered in May.

Even thou I,m not a doo fan, it,s very disappointing that their factory test riders don,t find faults with this new tech before they release it to the public. Hard to believe that they have actually done any real world trail or mountain riding with these engines.

1 hour ago, Frostynuts said:

No wonder they have to charge so much for those POS. They probably charged each guy for an extra engine, right off the bat. LOL

2200 hundred engines wouldn,t come cheap. Imagine how the owners feel while waiting for a replacement engine which will be delivered in May.

Even thou I,m not a doo fan, it,s very disappointing that their factory test riders don,t find faults with this new tech before they release it to the public. Hard to believe that they have actually done any real world trail or mountain riding with these engines.

As much as I like to trash talk, never one to kick another sledder when he or she is down. No excuse possible for even a first year sled to see that kind of engine failure rate and yes AC are equaly asswipes after what the 2012s put their owners through. The season is just too damm short for this kind of nonsense.

1 hour ago, Frostynuts said:

• Like 2

On 2/17/2017 at 8:48 AM, Frostynuts said:

Or the motor chews up a PTO bearing on the 1st ride of the 2nd second season you have the sled.

Edited by revrnd

No, I said Rotax's first production run of 850s was 7500 units.  If there were 2000 failures, why isn't DooTalk and other forums lit up with all these failures?  There are several documented case failures, a few blown water pumps, and some fires, supposedly.  Where is all the outrage????  LOL

God bless the internet.

Poor Guido.  In addition to his illiteracy, he calls the market leader POS......... meanwhile, rides a Cat. 

If Doo sucks so bad, why has every manufacturer copied everything Ski-Doo has done since 2003?

Of course they exhaustively test new stuff....... but even one vendor issue in mass production can cause huge headaches.  The sleds they test are prototypes. 

Did Cat not test the turbo bolts, or the fuel rail bolts that are spraying fuel everywhere, or the fact that the sled has to have BRP skis to work on the new Sidewinder before the season started?  Why doesn't that disappoint you?  Oh, right, you have an anti-Doo agenda...... carry on. 

In any case, I'll wait for real numbers. 

Edited by Puzzleboy

What was the actual number of failures at the meeting?  Any other interesting stuff?

10 hours ago, scottyr said:

6 minutes ago, Puzzleboy said:

No, I said Rotax's first production run of 850s was 7500 units.  If there were 2000 failures, why isn't DooTalk and other forums lit up with all these failures?  There are several documented case failures, a few blown water pumps, and some fires, supposedly.  Where is all the outrage????  LOL

God bless the internet.

Puzzle gets his data from Dootalk......LOl.....Butt hurt noted.....Doo Talk....... LOL.....as reliable as an 850......

You're right...... I should get it from the 850 thread on Freedom Sledder...... ultra reliable and accurate!  Nothing online is gospel, but obviously DooTalk is home to many Doo riders. 

Butthurt?  Nope, just waiting for some real data.  If they are having a large number of failures, I hope they're working on it.  I just haven't heard that anywhere but here.  

I don't expect Polaris to have many failures this year.  They haven't released anything significantly new for 35 years or so.  And even then, they were getting spanked by John Deere leafers...... :lmao:

30 minutes ago, Poncho said:

Puzzle gets his data from Dootalk......LOl.....Butt hurt noted.....Doo Talk....... LOL.....as reliable as an 850......

Edited by Puzzleboy