Puzzle....New 850 Doo burn down issues are real!

Poncho

29 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

My Cat will give me an overheat warning if running roads and then go into limp mode to save itself.  Of course I never let it go there. Unfortunately no temp indicator on it.   The two Poos have a temp indicator and I have run them up to 90C without any temp warning, got a bit worried.

You will actually get two heat warnings...first the flashing light on the dash to re-warn you to get into some snow than big letters on the display when it gets up there.

Too bad about Denver's doo doo....but nice to hear he has a good dealer taking care of him & in the text, he still sounds like cup is half full. Reminds me of when he took the poo poo out there for the first time, if I'm not mistaken, ended up on a doo by the end of that season....wonder if it will be time for him to try the next manufacture....

Edited by Stoney

53 minutes ago, Stoney said:

You will actually get two heat warnings...first the flashing light on the dash to re-warn you to get into some snow than big letters on the display when it gets up there.

Too bad about Denver's doo doo....but nice to hear he has a good dealer taking care of him & in the text, he still sounds like cup is half full. Reminds me of when he took the poo poo out there for the first time, if I'm not mistaken, ended up on a doo by the end of that season....wonder if it will be time for him to try the next manufacture....

Yah, I did not let it get that far.  Time for scratchers and all good.  

2 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Yah, I did not let it get that far.  Time for scratchers and all good.  

They really do work great.....I run them pretty much f/t, temp stays between 120 & 130.

And BTW, the Cat does have a temp setting, forgot to mention it above. If you have the deluxe gauge, you can view a bunch of things like coolant temp, voltage, etc.....Push & hold the two buttons on the gauge that are above each other (two on the left) for about 10 seconds, you will see the display portion where your trip/hours are normally displayed change to a bunch of numbers, hit the increment button (the one on top) until you see the first two digits state 03, the number to the right of 03 will state your coolant temp. if you turn the sled off or go into reverse, you need to redo the same process to get the temps back. Great for initial start up or riding in marginal conditions.   

5 minutes ago, Stoney said:

They really do work great.....I run them pretty much f/t, temp stays between 120 & 130.

And BTW, the Cat does have a temp setting, forgot to mention it above. If you have the deluxe gauge, you can view a bunch of things like coolant temp, voltage, etc.....Push & hold the two buttons on the gauge that are above each other (two on the left) for about 10 seconds, you will see the display portion where your trip/hours are normally displayed change to a bunch of numbers, hit the increment button (the one on top) until you see the first two digits state 03, the number to the right of 03 will state your coolant temp. if you turn the sled off or go into reverse, you need to redo the same process to get the temps back. Great for initial start up or riding in marginal conditions.   

Mine is an XF8000 Limited, I have looked but thought that was only on the 4s.    Will try it nevertheless.

5 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Mine is an XF8000 Limited, I have looked but thought that was only on the 4s.    Will try it nevertheless.

as long as you have the deluxe, which you will if it is a limited, you can view it....likely just not doing it properly or holding the two buttons together long enough.

8 minutes ago, Stoney said:

as long as you have the deluxe, which you will if it is a limited, you can view it....likely just not doing it properly or holding the two buttons together long enough.

Hmm glad to see this. I thought there was a way to see it just never read into it enough. At royal now grabbing scratchers to put on. Hopefully it snows tonight and tomorrow. Seen the warning blink last time I was up and didn't like it. 

I saw three 850's this weekend and two were running ice scratchers.  I used to run them on my 14 Indy 800, as it had a similar open tunnel to the 850's and a small sized snow flap.  My new XCR no issue, I never saw more than 129F even on ice.  The Rush/Axys/XCR chassis per design runs cooler with the closed in rear skid.   

Edited by Poncho

My '16 Pro s 800 runs similarly cool even under poor / icey conditions. Extended trip down the side of a road yesterday saw it in the mid to high 150s, back into the low 120s within a short distance once back on good snow.  Just for comparison, no doubt temp light would have come on requiring I stop at least twice on my former '11 F8.

14 minutes ago, Stoney said:

I believe I even asked my dealer and though I could not.:bashhead:

I have done another check and you are correct (HCS link).  I like using this feature to warmup the sleds.

Thanks.

http://www.hardcoresledder.com/forums/493-procross-2012/565397-deluxe-gauge-coolant-temp-not-f-c.html

2 hours ago, Stoney said:

I'm going to look it up in my owners manual for the ZR7000. I know I have a bar similar to the fuel gauge but didn't know about the actual temperature. I know it has a fan and a heat exchanger in the tunnel as well.

1 hour ago, ArcticCrusher said:

I believe I even asked my dealer and though I could not.:bashhead:

I have done another check and you are correct (HCS link).  I like using this feature to warmup the sleds.

Thanks.

http://www.hardcoresledder.com/forums/493-procross-2012/565397-deluxe-gauge-coolant-temp-not-f-c.html

My ZR7000 has a low coolant temperature alert on the cluster and the engine is limited in revs until it reaches operating temperature range.

7 minutes ago, 02sled said:

I'm going to look it up in my owners manual for the ZR7000. I know I have a bar similar to the fuel gauge but didn't know about the actual temperature. I know it has a fan and a heat exchanger in the tunnel as well.

You will find no details in the owners manual in regards to this.....although I think you might have the Yamaha inspired gauge vs. the Cat gauge, not sure what details they might give you in regards to that sled/gauge. 

7 hours ago, 02sled said:

My ZR7000 has a low coolant temperature alert on the cluster and the engine is limited in revs until it reaches operating temperature range.

Dang my zr 6000 ain't got none of that. Heck it doesn't even have a tach or speedo. 

On 1/23/2017 at 9:16 PM, StevieWonder said:

Dang !? 

Who are you , Jethro Bodine ? You wearing a rope belt in yur dungarees ......

yeap, literally seriously considering wearing a sled belt as a jacket belt, there is no where to put the things these dang cats.

I also still mix gas and you guessed it...zero room to carry it on my sled. Good thing my old man is around to be my sled parts sherpa.

Edited by Sedz
  • Like 1