Puzzle....New 850 Doo burn down issues are real!

Poncho

Well you asked for a specific topic dealing with the Ski Doo 850 burn down and reliability issues.

tell us about your new ride....tragic.....did you manage to save the belt.....on your jacket.....sorry about your loss...

image.jpeg

Edited by Poncho
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Renegade X said:

My buddies 850 kicked my 2011 800 etec's ass across rice lake this past weekend....

Not a surprise.......I think what's more of a surprise is crossing water......I guess Rice is shallow enough to freeze early.  At my place the ice is not safe yet.  Another couple of weeks.

Just now, scottyr said:

I have a friend who works at a well known Ontario Ski-Doo dealership and he told me a few days ago that he has had 2 850s grenade already.  1 had less than 100kms on it.  

according to doo talk, some are suffering from RPM fade around 200-400mi as well.  unfortunately.  I liked some of the upgrades they made.  

RPM fade.... is that like 1200 "throttle lag"? 

Which Lester made the post?  :)

3 minutes ago, Kev144 said:

according to doo talk, some are suffering from RPM fade around 200-400mi as well.  unfortunately.  I liked some of the upgrades they made.  

Hate to break it to ya boys, but you better check out the Yammy forum.  I'm guessing TY is like Dootalk for Yammys.....

No sooner had they bolted on their BRP skis to their Yamacats, that a host of problems began to arise.  Check the Sidewinder thread.  Just a matter of time until fuel spraying all over the engine compartment starts a fire.

Sounds like the turbo falling off is the BEST thing that can happen!

Tim, you'll have to re-evaluate your cost to hp math...... BRP skis are not cheap, and all those other repairs will really add up too.  :)

Edited by Puzzleboy

Which dealership?  And what "grenaded", exactly? 

15 minutes ago, scottyr said:

I have a friend who works at a well known Ontario Ski-Doo dealership and he told me a few days ago that he has had 2 850s grenade already.  1 had less than 100kms on it.  

Edited by Puzzleboy

24 minutes ago, Puzzleboy said:

Which dealership?  And what "grenaded", exactly? 

I am not posting his shops name as he will be pissed off but it is one of the bigger BRP stores in Ontario.   1 just just came in on Friday so they haven't torn into it yet, but the one from last week was crank related.  

17 minutes ago, Puzzleboy said:

Triple time! :)

Kev, what page did you get up to on the Sidewinder Issues thread over at TY? 

I didn't look.  TY is as bad as doo talk in deleting threads and patting each other on the back. 

• Like 1

What's the big secret of posting a shop's name who has grenaded Doos in for service?  It's not like the shop made them grenade. 

Let me guess... you ride a brand other than Doo. 

6 hours ago, scottyr said:

I am not posting his shops name as he will be pissed off but it is one of the bigger BRP stores in Ontario.   1 just just came in on Friday so they haven't torn into it yet, but the one from last week was crank related.  

22 hours ago, Poncho said:

Not a surprise.......I think what's more of a surprise is crossing water......I guess Rice is shallow enough to freeze early.  At my place the ice is not safe yet.  Another couple of weeks.

We just went across the bay to get to Rhinos.  6" of ice. The 850 sounds like a weapon too, totally different sound then mine.

10 hours ago, Puzzleboy said:

What's the big secret of posting a shop's name who has grenaded Doos in for service?  It's not like the shop made them grenade. 

Let me guess... you ride a brand other than Doo. 

You are right, I dont ride a Doo sled, but I just ordered 2 new Seadoos so I am not that anti-BRP  He asked me not to post it so I wont.  He doesnt need any more drama or paranoia with these things as his phone is ringing off the hook with people asking if they are having issues with them and he still has lots of unsold 850s on the floor.