********Offical FreedomSledder Weather Thread*********

ckf

31 minutes ago, f7ben said:

is that combined with artificial snow?

No, that's natural snow. They call it the Jay Peak Snow Cloud.

Image result for jay peak

5 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Heading out from my driveway tomorrow afternoon.  Looks like trails have been groomed but should be good and roughed up by lunch.  Tons of sled trailers coming into and through Duluth today.  Lotsa people probably getting out for the first big ride of the year. Gonna be a tangled mess of fucking tourists getting thicker further north.

We had to go to central NH today, we met a lot of trucks and trailers headed to northern NH. There seems to be a lot of sleds around here this weekend as well :bc:  Hopefully this cold spell freezes up the open water bars.

• 2 weeks later...

Last night when I got home from work I parked my car so it was within 6" of the tongue of the trailer. Before I went to bed it had slid about 1 foot down the driveway. This morning I found it moved another two or three feet. All that ice was good though, nobody in the stores this morning to get in the way and a lot less traffic on the roads.20170118_100812.jpg

• Platinum Contributing Member
9 hours ago, SVT Renegade XRS said:

I sure hope they're wrong about the forcaat up N for the next 5 days :flush:

Are the still calling for rain in the UP?

You bought the brand new sled this year right? So you are the one who jinxed us? :lol:

10 minutes ago, SVT Renegade XRS said:

It varies depending on what forecast you read.

:bigfinger::fuckyou::finger:

I bought 2 myself. New to me but not brand spanking new. Finally got a couple XP sleds. An 800 MXZ X etec for me and a 500 SS for the girlfriend

8 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

I bought 2 myself. New to me but not brand spanking new. Finally got a couple XP sleds. An 800 MXZ X etec for me and a 500 SS for the girlfriend

I bought 2 as well. And a trailer. I've spent almost $27K in the last 10 months.  This fucking weather is BS :flush:

6 minutes ago, dz246 said:

40 degrees here today. 

At least you're sledless now 

4 minutes ago, SVT Renegade XRS said:

I bought 2 as well. And a trailer. I've spent almost $27K in the last 10 months.  This fucking weather is BS :flush:

At least you're sledless now 

Good year to sell it..... All we've got is ice, and its melting. 

18 minutes ago, dz246 said:

Good year to sell it..... All we've got is ice, and its melting. 

Actually, I've probably got closer to $30k, with taxes, plate, registration, insurance, riding gear (my son needed all his gear from head to toe) studs, carbides , etc    

Lots of winter left still. Have to try and think positive. Winter of '00-'01 when my son was born (12-9-00) I didn't think I was going to ride much or at all.  Ended up selling my '95 FormulaZ 583 a couple days after he was born.  Long story short, I ended up picking up an '01 MXZ800 for $6,999otd on Jan 26th,2001. And made my first trip that year Jan 27th.  Ended up going N 3x that year and ride just under 1,300 miles. Not bad considering I didn't plan on getting out much with a newborn at home. 

Coincidentally, my first trip N this year is Jan 27th. So there's still hope 

6 hours ago, Back Country Rebel said:

It is freaking cold out.  brrrrr.

16174572_1846002375643150_63069552370976

Aren't you glad that you aren't on the North Slope anymore? I saw a report from the NWS Fairbanks yesterday saying it was -54 in Frankie's hometown.

3 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

:wtf: It was damn near 60 degrees yesterday :wall:

64* here on saturday, :crybaby:     

The forecast is looking better overnight, then another quick warm up, end of the week and through the weekend is looking decent..

2 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

We've been stuck with cloudy, foggy weather with highs in the mid 30's for the last week or so. Snow and mixed precipitation is forecast for tonight and tomorrow. Today looks to be the only sunny day for the next week.

1.jpg

28 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

Thankfully they didn't get as much rain in the UP as they were forecasting. Temps are dropping starting tonight and should be some great riding this weekend. 

Hop in that little girls truck and get up there 

32 minutes ago, SVT Renegade XRS said:

Thankfully they didn't get as much rain in the UP as they were forecasting. Temps are dropping starting tonight and should be some great riding this weekend.

Hop in that little girls truck and get up there

That's kind of the thing....I need to take my girl riding but it will be her first time on the trails. I don't want to drive too far because we don't have a lot of time but I don't want to go by all the crazy wana be racers near Gaylord. Was actually thinking of going up near the Pink Store Mio area until in warmed up so much.