********Offical FreedomSledder Weather Thread*********

ckf

the nice thing is the shitty weathers quelled my need to buy a motorcycle although i did sign up for the basic rider class through the state to get my MC endorsement back.   Figured after having not ridden in 20 years the refresher would be good.    

7 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

the nice thing is the shitty weathers quelled my need to buy a motorcycle although i did sign up for the basic rider class through the state to get my MC endorsement back.   Figured after having not ridden in 20 years the refresher would be good.    

What are you thinking of getting for a bike? I kept my motorcycle endorsement when I got my VT license. At this point I don't see myself getting a bike anytime soon :dunno:

2 minutes ago, ckf said:

What are you thinking of getting for a bike? I kept my motorcycle endorsement when I got my VT license. At this point I don't see myself getting a bike anytime soon :dunno:

I'm going to get some tats and a leather vest to go with my midlife crisis and buy a fat bob or a road king :news: 

143f048f924628727750b021bdb9c35c.jpg

harley-davidson-introduces-2017-road-kin

or more realistically a cheap sv650 to tool around on for a couple grand https://boston.craigslist.org/bmw/mcy/6159509811.html

this ones a decent deal under $2500,  i'd need to lower the pegs an inch or so and go with a high seat.  

00I0I_ci1Yof69ThQ_600x450.jpg

13 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

I'm going to get some tats and a leather vest to go with my midlife crisis and buy a fat bob or a road king :news: 

or more realistically a cheap sv650 to tool around on for a couple grand https://boston.craigslist.org/bmw/mcy/6159509811.html

this ones a decent deal under $2500,  i'd need to lower the pegs an inch or so and go with a high seat.  

00I0I_ci1Yof69ThQ_600x450.jpg

Are those SV's comfortable bikes to ride?

3 hours ago, ckf said:

Are those SV's comfortable bikes to ride?

the naked SV650 has a standard seating position and bars and with lowered pegs and an inch of foam in the seat should be good.  i'll also look at versys but they usually run more $

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
17 hours ago, Biggie Smails said:

Sunny and mid 60's here and I'm still thinking about getting a dual sport bike.

If I lived up there I would certainly want a Dual Sport bike :thumb: 

Oh...92 here on Sunday for the family BBQ on Lake St Clair

Edited by Skidooski
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Angry ginger said:

beautiful out there right now,  nice to not have to wear a coat today.  was cloudy at the house got 1/2 mile inland and it was blue skies.  

Are you still working at the Pease complex in Newington?

1 minute ago, ckf said:

Are you still working at the Pease complex in Newington?

yup I was my landlords second tenant in 98 when they built their first building and still with them through 4 spaces since.  Actually across the hall now from my original office here.    

53 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

yup I was my landlords second tenant in 98 when they built their first building and still with them through 4 spaces since.  Actually across the hall now from my original office here.    

Did you go out on your own, or are you working for another company?

22 minutes ago, ckf said:

Did you go out on your own, or are you working for another company?

another company-  to go out on your own these days realistically requires you to have somewhere north of 10 million in the bank to get the lines you would need to do it right.  compliance cost post CFPB is outrageous,  i'd bet end of the day it costs every customer around 4 grand over the life of their loan.  Back when i should have done it $500k got you onto a level playing field with most other players.  

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, Skidooski said:

If I lived up there I would certainly want a Dual Sport bike :thumb: 

Oh...92 here on Sunday for the family BBQ on Lake St Clair

Ninety fucking two....good god I hope that hot shit stays down there.

• Like 1

It's already up to 80° here at 1:15 in the afternoon. I'm glad I closed the windows earlier this morning. It's a rather comfortable 68° inside. Funny thing is Rob and I were just discussing needing to occasionally turn on the heat just a few days ago.

18 minutes ago, ckf said:

It's already up to 80° here at 1:15 in the afternoon. I'm glad I closed the windows earlier this morning. It's a rather comfortable 68° inside. Funny thing is Rob and I were just discussing needing to occasionally turn on the heat just a few days ago.

Carlys been all pissed that the heats not been on,  i had her convinced for awhile the heat doesn't work after may as she didn't realize there was an on off switch under the controller so when she hacked it it wasn't working

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

Carlys been all pissed that the heats not been on,  i had her convinced for awhile the heat doesn't work after may as she didn't realize there was an on off switch under the controller so when she hacked it it wasn't working

:lol:

It looks like we are going to have a nice weekend here for a change. The forecast is calling for mostly sunny with highs in the mid 70's today, and sunny in the mid 80's tomorrow. I'm not crazy about temps in the mid 80's, but it's better than a rainy Sunday :thumb:

This f'ing heat sucks! I spent the day in NH visiting my grandmother and it was 97°F in town. Just got home and it's 81° now after a high of 86° according to my weather station.