********Offical FreedomSledder Weather Thread*********

ckf

We currently have around a foot of snow on the ground here near town at 1200 feet of elevation in Northeastern Vermont. Reports of 2-3 feet of snow above 2000 feet.

Light snow is currently falling. The forecast is calling for 2-4 inches overnight.

What is it like where you are?

6 minutes ago, smokin george said:

We got another 5-6" here (Ont) and it's been a great weekend. Spending a weekend riding with good friends and sharing laughs, having a few socials =priceless

You still go to the forest? Talk to that old fucker JT? 

12 hours ago, SVT Renegade XRS said:

Nothing on the ground here.   Had about 11" before Christmas

Hopefully Northern Lower gets some more snow in tbe next couple of weeks so the traffic in the UP is less 

Traffic is going to be nuts up there the next couple of weeks. I have some friends with rentals and their phones are going nuts since Wed.

1 hour ago, Woodtick said:

Traffic is going to be nuts up there the next couple of weeks. I have some friends with rentals and their phones are going nuts since Wed.

If the lower doesn't get any snow, gonna be really nuts. Trails will be fucked up

• Like 1

We've still got about a foot of snow on the ground here near town. Snow depth goes up as you gain elevation, 2-3 feet above 2000'. The forecast is calling for colder temps through the weekend. Then a warmup with rain midweek.

What's it like where you are?

8 minutes ago, f7ben said:

My cabin is basically the bullseye for the UP lake effect. they are well over 100" already this year

Nice! One of the local ski areas is reporting more snow already than what they got for the entire year last winter. Check out this snowfall data from a different ski area. This one, Jay Peak is about 30 miles from me. They usually get dumped on whenever a small disturbance comes through. http://jaypeakresort.com/skiing-riding/the-mountain/snowfall-charts/

9 minutes ago, ckf said:

Nice! One of the local ski areas is reporting more snow already than what they got for the entire year last winter. Check out this snowfall data from a different ski area. This one, Jay Peak is about 30 miles from me. They usually get dumped on whenever a small disturbance comes through. http://jaypeakresort.com/skiing-riding/the-mountain/snowfall-charts/

is that combined with artificial snow?

Heading out from my driveway tomorrow afternoon.  Looks like trails have been groomed but should be good and roughed up by lunch.  Tons of sled trailers coming into and through Duluth today.  Lotsa people probably getting out for the first big ride of the year. Gonna be a tangled mess of fucking tourists getting thicker further north.

• Like 1