You faggots happy about the 4.3 cent per liter carbon tax you will be paying starting January 1st

Momorider

2 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

No shit.  Do these retards think the climate will actually stop changing with less carbon?

The only change that is predictable is it will cost us lots more for everything we use and they government will have lots more money to piss away.

I saw on the news recently about a long standing tradition coming under attack on the basis of carbon footprint. After Christmas they gather all the real trees and have a huge community bonfire with the fire department on hand to ensure nothing goes wrong. They used to do this when I was a kid in Etobicoke Centennial Park with 10's of thousands of trees not just a few hundred.

It seems the global warming syndicate want to put a stop to the tree burning as well. I didn't catch what town it was.

2 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

No shit.  Do these retards think the climate will actually stop changing with less carbon?

Check out today vs any time in the historical past atmospheric CO2 for some perspective on how FUCKED these know nothing FUCKS are :guzzle:

co2_temperature_historical.png

On 07/01/2017 at 8:15 PM, Poncho said:

Poor Scat....did you ride your ultra polluting XF today?  If you did, the extra 10 cents per liter you paid for your premium fuel went directly into the cause you support.....poor Scat

I have a turbo cat as my main sled but it burns fuel the same as most 2 strokes or worse.  I had an 800 etec before.  Hated it.  Great on gas shit on oil.

If all our power was green and all our cars were electric we could burn as much gas and oil in our toys as we'd want for eternity.

But you won't "buy it" because there's snow outside and you don't know any better.  Idiot

On 08/01/2017 at 6:37 PM, Sksman said:

So there are scientists on both sides of the issue both claiming to be right.  For every arguement for global warming there is arguements against.  Why is your side right?

why dont those for it like Justin Trudeau, Leonardo Di Caprio, Wynne, and you do your part to stop it instead of telling me that its my responsibility to pay more taxes to stop it?

Get rid of your sled, get rid of your sled hauler, buy a Prius or electric car and lead by example!  Stop flying on airplanes on world jaunts.

Then i will consider it serious once the choir singing the song takes it seriously.  Until then those spreading the global warming myths are full of shit.

There are almost zero scientists who disagree that mmgw is real.  

For fucks sake even big oil agrees!  Check out BP oils website if you don't believe me.

Take a look at the subsidies provided to the fossil fuel world that YOUR taxes already pat for!  Yet you complain about 4c a litre.  Put some of that into green tech like batteries (tesla is funded almost 100% by private money) and people will trade their ford focus for a ford focus E.  Asphalt shingles for solar shingles, etc.  Very straight forward if you aren't an idiot who buries their head in the sand regarding the consensus or the science.

9 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Idiot.  Nobody suggest climate dosent change naturally.  Where are you getting this from?  The natural cyikes aren't the cause of the current warming trend, which is causing the ice caps to melt and oceans to rise, Animals to face extinction or move ibto unknown territory. Co2 will take 100 years to get to the levels pretty industrial revolution. So yes it will change.  Moron

7 hours ago, 02sled said:

The only change that is predictable is it will cost us lots more for everything we use and they government will have lots more money to piss away.

I saw on the news recently about a long standing tradition coming under attack on the basis of carbon footprint. After Christmas they gather all the real trees and have a huge community bonfire with the fire department on hand to ensure nothing goes wrong. They used to do this when I was a kid in Etobicoke Centennial Park with 10's of thousands of trees not just a few hundred.

It seems the global warming syndicate want to put a stop to the tree burning as well. I didn't catch what town it was.

Pretty sure most garbage dumps and municipalities mulch them.  Why on earth would you burn them? :dumb:

6 hours ago, Momorider said:

Check out today vs any time in the historical past atmospheric CO2 for some perspective on how FUCKED these know nothing FUCKS are :guzzle:

co2_temperature_historical.png

Highest in 3 million years, directly related to burning fossil fuels.  That slide is from the "founder of greenpeace" hoaxster

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/the-arctic-is-getting-crazy/?WT.mc_id=SA_TW_ENGYSUS_NEWS

21 minutes ago, Catman said:

I have a turbo cat as my main sled but it burns fuel the same as most 2 strokes or worse.  I had an 800 etec before.  Hated it.  Great on gas shit on oil.

If all our power was green and all our cars were electric we could burn as much gas and oil in our toys as we'd want for eternity.

But you won't "buy it" because there's snow outside and you don't know any better.  Idiot

For fucks sake even big oil agrees!  Check out BP oils website if you don't believe me.

Take a look at the subsidies provided to the fossil fuel world that YOUR taxes already pat for!  Yet you complain about 4c a litre.  Put some of that into green tech like batteries (tesla is funded almost 100% by private money) and people will trade their ford focus for a ford focus E.  Asphalt shingles for solar shingles, etc.  Very straight forward if you aren't an idiot who buries their head in the sand regarding the consensus or the science.

Idiot.  Nobody suggest climate dosent change naturally.  Where are you getting this from?  The natural cyikes aren't the cause of the current warming trend, which is causing the ice caps to melt and oceans to rise, Animals to face extinction or move ibto unknown territory. Co2 will take 100 years to get to the levels pretty industrial revolution. So yes it will change.  Moron

Pretty sure most garbage dumps and municipalities mulch them.  Why on earth would you burn them? :dumb:

Highest in 3 million years, directly related to burning fossil fuels.  That slide is from the "founder of greenpeace" hoaxster

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/the-arctic-is-getting-crazy/?WT.mc_id=SA_TW_ENGYSUS_NEWS

You're about as ignorant as ignorant gets, the data is 100% accurate you fucking know nothing hack :bigfinger: 

Poor Scat...your boy friend...

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/opinion/trudeaus-climate-deal-all-pain-no-gain/article33303579/

How much is moral leadership worth?

We’ll never know for sure. What we do know is that the price tag will be steep. Justin Trudeau’s new climate deal with the provinces will cost Canadians many, many billions, maybe more. Some will come directly from our pockets in the form of carbon taxes. Some of it will disappear by stealth, swallowed up in complicated cap-and-trade schemes, infrastructure investments, clean-tech subsidies and a whole thicket of new building codes and regulations. No cost-benefit analysis has been provided, or ever will be, because too much is subject to negotiation, and too much is impossible to measure even if you tried.

Mr. Trudeau is not a man to set his sights too low. His goal is to fundamentally change the way Canada produces and consumes energy. But his climate deal is not so much a master plan as a dog’s breakfast. The only thing we know for sure is that even if Canada were to miraculously achieve its 2030 target for reductions in carbon emissions, the net impact on global warming would be zero. Sadly, we just don’t count. If the coastal populations of the world are destined to drown in iceberg melt, they will anyway.

I know it’s cruel and insensitive to say these things. It’s like telling your five-year-old that there’s no Santa Claus. So I’m sorry. But the age of climate realism is at hand. Donald Trump is ascending to the White House, which means the age of climate idealism is dead. The news seems not to have arrived in Ottawa, where Mr. Trudeau seems to believe that he can single-handedly rescue the Paris Accord and persuade the rest of the world to do the right thing.

So what can we expect? First, we’ll have a federal carbon tax. Carbon taxes are allegedly efficient, transparent and easy to

understand. But this is Canada, so good luck with that. In fact, every province will have a carbon tax equivalent that it will have to hammer out with the feds. Some provinces, such as Ontario and Quebec, won’t have a carbon tax at all. They’ll have a cap-and-trade scheme, which is basically a black box into which tax dollars disappear. Ontario will collect $8-billion in cap-and-trade revenues over the next few years, mostly by charging more for gas and home heating. But greenhouse gas emissions will barely budge because Ontario will probably wind up buying carbon credits from California. Got it?

Mr. Trudeau assures us that all of this will pay for itself in the long run, because investing in the environment is good for the economy. As Catherine McKenna, his environment minister, said this weekend, “This makes us more competitive, not less.” Thanks to subsidies for green industries, Canada will soon be able to supply a massive worldwide demand for clean technology from countries such as China.

Do I hear an echo? In fact, Dalton McGuinty made this exact same promise to Ontarians back in 2009. We would become a clean-tech capital of the world! The government proceeded to waste billions on green schemes that developed power produced at absurdly inflated prices from companies owned by China and Germany. The green-economy boom never did materialize. Hydro rates soared. Now, charities are handing out money to people who can’t afford to keep the lights on.

Some day, we will have a better and more honest conversation about global warming. This conversation would allow us to admit that there’s a lot we don’t know about the future. No, global warming is not a hoax and human activity is certainly involved. But the scientific consensus ends about there. There is no consensus on how much more the Earth will warm or how dangerous it will be, and still less on the best ways to mitigate the risk. There are only predictions, which are all over the map.

The story of how moderate voices in the climate debate have been stifled and censured is one of the more sorry chapters in recent intellectual history. Climate alarmists have done a brilliant job of demonizing anyone who points out that the apocalypse may not be at hand and that climate change may not even be the worst problem we face.

This doesn’t mean we shouldn’t have a climate policy, or that we shouldn’t aim to cut down on fossil fuels. But perhaps we should be a bit more modest in our aims. It’s expensive to be a beacon unto the world. And it’s possible the world is moving on.

5+ new replies    Go to first new post
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Catman said:

What subsidies do oil companies get?  

They may recieve investment tax credits.  No different then mining, forestry, manufacturing companies, etc recieve.  They shell out millions to drill and find oil.  They employ hundreds of thousands of people in the oil industry.  And pay taxes on back end.  Yes if you read the rightbwing wacko claims the subsidy claims are $34 billion including just about everything under the sun such as carbon tax on the fuel you burn in your turbo cat.

We pay 10 times the market rate for wind and solar power in Ontario.  And now cap and trade.  For what? To lose jobs to USA where power is reasonably priced?  

Paying 10 times market price is that a subsidy?  Or fair rate for new technology?

Catman, park you turbo cat and all other carbon footprint producing items or else stand in line like Leonardo and JT the big hypocrites.  

Either carbon production is bad and cut back now or its not bad.  Lead by example instead of killing your children with carbon.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Catman said:

Hey idiot, what is the natural warming pattern without our influence on it?   The scientists, haven't even been close with their prediction models , yet you think they are 100% correct.   I take it you would prefer to live in an ice age, funny cause the last time that occurred, it pretty much wiped out most of the life on this planet.

Are you driving an electric car? Riding a bike to work, even in this weather?  Give up your sleds?   Replaced your singles with solar?  Do you even own a home?  Have you converted your gas furnace to high cost electric yet?  What the fuck are you waiting for, time is running out, but I'm sure you actually believe JT's and Wynnebag's carbon pricing plans will cut emissions.  My SIL paid $800 last month to heat her cottage from electric in floor heating, a net zero carbon emission system that she will no doubt replace with propane.  Pretty sad what the idiots in this province and federally have created isn't it?

20 hours ago, Poncho said:

Poor Scat...your boy friend...

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/opinion/trudeaus-climate-deal-all-pain-no-gain/article33303579/

How much is moral leadership worth?

We’ll never know for sure. What we do know is that the price tag will be steep. Justin Trudeau’s new climate deal with the provinces will cost Canadians many, many billions, maybe more. Some will come directly from our pockets in the form of carbon taxes. Some of it will disappear by stealth, swallowed up in complicated cap-and-trade schemes, infrastructure investments, clean-tech subsidies and a whole thicket of new building codes and regulations. No cost-benefit analysis has been provided, or ever will be, because too much is subject to negotiation, and too much is impossible to measure even if you tried.

Mr. Trudeau is not a man to set his sights too low. His goal is to fundamentally change the way Canada produces and consumes energy. But his climate deal is not so much a master plan as a dog’s breakfast. The only thing we know for sure is that even if Canada were to miraculously achieve its 2030 target for reductions in carbon emissions, the net impact on global warming would be zero. Sadly, we just don’t count. If the coastal populations of the world are destined to drown in iceberg melt, they will anyway.

I know it’s cruel and insensitive to say these things. It’s like telling your five-year-old that there’s no Santa Claus. So I’m sorry. But the age of climate realism is at hand. Donald Trump is ascending to the White House, which means the age of climate idealism is dead. The news seems not to have arrived in Ottawa, where Mr. Trudeau seems to believe that he can single-handedly rescue the Paris Accord and persuade the rest of the world to do the right thing.

So what can we expect? First, we’ll have a federal carbon tax. Carbon taxes are allegedly efficient, transparent and easy to

understand. But this is Canada, so good luck with that. In fact, every province will have a carbon tax equivalent that it will have to hammer out with the feds. Some provinces, such as Ontario and Quebec, won’t have a carbon tax at all. They’ll have a cap-and-trade scheme, which is basically a black box into which tax dollars disappear. Ontario will collect $8-billion in cap-and-trade revenues over the next few years, mostly by charging more for gas and home heating. But greenhouse gas emissions will barely budge because Ontario will probably wind up buying carbon credits from California. Got it?

Mr. Trudeau assures us that all of this will pay for itself in the long run, because investing in the environment is good for the economy. As Catherine McKenna, his environment minister, said this weekend, “This makes us more competitive, not less.” Thanks to subsidies for green industries, Canada will soon be able to supply a massive worldwide demand for clean technology from countries such as China.

Do I hear an echo? In fact, Dalton McGuinty made this exact same promise to Ontarians back in 2009. We would become a clean-tech capital of the world! The government proceeded to waste billions on green schemes that developed power produced at absurdly inflated prices from companies owned by China and Germany. The green-economy boom never did materialize. Hydro rates soared. Now, charities are handing out money to people who can’t afford to keep the lights on.

Some day, we will have a better and more honest conversation about global warming. This conversation would allow us to admit that there’s a lot we don’t know about the future. No, global warming is not a hoax and human activity is certainly involved. But the scientific consensus ends about there. There is no consensus on how much more the Earth will warm or how dangerous it will be, and still less on the best ways to mitigate the risk. There are only predictions, which are all over the map.

The story of how moderate voices in the climate debate have been stifled and censured is one of the more sorry chapters in recent intellectual history. Climate alarmists have done a brilliant job of demonizing anyone who points out that the apocalypse may not be at hand and that climate change may not even be the worst problem we face.

This doesn’t mean we shouldn’t have a climate policy, or that we shouldn’t aim to cut down on fossil fuels. But perhaps we should be a bit more modest in our aims. It’s expensive to be a beacon unto the world. And it’s possible the world is moving on.

5+ new replies    Go to first new post

2 bold's. 

1st bold is self explanatory.  Even your sources concur mmgw is very real.

2nd bold.  Totally agree and that is exactly what this carbon tax scheme is.  Very very very modest.  So modest that almost nobody will even notice it.  

It's clear the author is only slightly informed on how big the issue is though. 

11 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Hey idiot, what is the natural warming pattern without our influence on it?   The scientists, haven't even been close with their prediction models , yet you think they are 100% correct.   I take it you would prefer to live in an ice age, funny cause the last time that occurred, it pretty much wiped out most of the life on this planet.

Are you driving an electric car? Riding a bike to work, even in this weather?  Give up your sleds?   Replaced your singles with solar?  Do you even own a home?  Have you converted your gas furnace to high cost electric yet?  What the fuck are you waiting for, time is running out, but I'm sure you actually believe JT's and Wynnebag's carbon pricing plans will cut emissions.  My SIL paid $800 last month to heat her cottage from electric in floor heating, a net zero carbon emission system that she will no doubt replace with propane.  Pretty sad what the idiots in this province and federally have created isn't it?

What are you babbling on about natural warming pattern?  

The warming we are on is not natural.  Go ducking read something you complete dunce.

I ride my bike 3x a week to work April through October.  I take transit almost exclusively the remainder.   I'v cut out meat in 2/3 of my diet with the exception of chicken.  When I get a steak I buy usa or canada grass fed only.

I'd love an electric car amd solar panels but ill take 0% of my electricity from coal.  I've never once suggested anyone has to give up driving their cars or sleds or install solar.  The market with much more support from morons like you and government will bring what we need.

Start fucking reading something, you have zero clue what your talking about.  Stick to the tax is a tax and you're going to pay more.  That's all you know

9 hours ago, Catman said:

The warming we are on is not natural.  Go ducking read something you complete dunce.

I ride my bike 3x a week to work April through October.  I take transit almost exclusively the remainder.   I'v cut out meat in 2/3 of my diet with the exception of chicken.  When I get a steak I buy usa or canada grass fed only.

I'd love an electric car amd solar panels but ill take 0% of my electricity from coal.  I've never once suggested anyone has to give up driving their cars or sleds or install solar.  The market with much more support from morons like you and government will bring what we need.

Start fucking reading something, you have zero clue what your talking about.  Stick to the tax is a tax and you're going to pay more.  That's all you know

Good Sheepman

So you agree carbon tax will do nothing to help.  So why are we going to put Canada into A cometitive disadvantage by pricing our products out of the market with stupid Carbon tax that will not meet any objective?

I know its not a big deal for government paid workers as their pay is gauranteed but private sector is tanking.   We are already being told to expect job churn.  ie. no long term security in a job for private sector.

Punishing the taxpayers for poor government policy and spending is not the answer to Carbon Footprint reduction!

what Canada needs is a new government model.  If government runs a deficit then "X" % of government managers/employes/politicians fired.  No pension for life.  Your done.  Equal % top down.  Premier / Prime Minister first to go.  

Enough punishing taxpayers for bullshit programs and handouts. 

12 hours ago, Catman said:

Wow, you really are one dumb fuck.  Nothing you are doing will make one bit of difference, but I think if you really cared you should become a net zero or even negative carbon emitter, otherwise your opinion is just hypocritical, your not doing enough, buy the e-car, put yourself in debt.  The other economies would do the planet plenty if they could get to our existing standards, as we are not a net polluter and CO2 is not.  We could reduce our emissions to zero and it would not change the overall outlook.  So continue to bike to work and take the TTC, but I would think most here would rather slit their throats than live in that shit infested hole you call home.

I will continue to do as I do.

2 hours ago, Sksman said:

Good Sheepman

So you agree carbon tax will do nothing to help.  So why are we going to put Canada into A cometitive disadvantage by pricing our products out of the market with stupid Carbon tax that will not meet any objective?

I know its not a big deal for government paid workers as their pay is gauranteed but private sector is tanking.   We are already being told to expect job churn.  ie. no long term security in a job for private sector.

Punishing the taxpayers for poor government policy and spending is not the answer to Carbon Footprint reduction!

what Canada needs is a new government model.  If government runs a deficit then "X" % of government managers/employes/politicians fired.  No pension for life.  Your done.  Equal % top down.  Premier / Prime Minister first to go.  

Enough punishing taxpayers for bullshit programs and handouts. 

Carbon tax will be added to the general revenues of the government and do nothing to reduce carbon emissions.  Any and all taxes will be paid by the consumers, not the corps. We all see this except for Scatterbrainman.  Canada has become uncompetitive even with the low $CAD, sure its great for exporting OEM's but not for many others.  So when they re-locate to the US cause they no longer can compete in Ontario, I guess Wynnebag and Truetard can claim a lower carbon victory. 

22 hours ago, Catman said:

:lies::nose:

12 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Carbon tax will be added to the general revenues of the government and do nothing to reduce carbon emissions.  Any and all taxes will be paid by the consumers, not the corps. We all see this except for Scatterbrainman.  Canada has become uncompetitive even with the low $CAD, sure its great for exporting OEM's but not for many others.  So when they re-locate to the US cause they no longer can compete in Ontario, I guess Wynnebag and Truetard can claim a lower carbon victory. 

Wrong

https://www.ontario.ca/page/cap-and-trade-ontario

12 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Wow, you really are one dumb fuck.  Nothing you are doing will make one bit of difference, but I think if you really cared you should become a net zero or even negative carbon emitter, otherwise your opinion is just hypocritical, your not doing enough, buy the e-car, put yourself in debt.  The other economies would do the planet plenty if they could get to our existing standards, as we are not a net polluter and CO2 is not.  We could reduce our emissions to zero and it would not change the overall outlook.  So continue to bike to work and take the TTC, but I would think most here would rather slit their throats than live in that shit infested hole you call home.

I will continue to do as I do.

Net zero lmao.  I live in Richmond Hill and take a viva bus.  I only work 10k from home so it's faster to ride a bike then drive or take the bus.  Where is this utopia where you live?

1 hour ago, Catman said:

So you post the Ontario govt site to support your arguement Cap and Trade will lower emissions?

I guess in you and Wynne's rosey world Cap and Trade will be implemented better then in Europe (huge Fail and corruption) and Australia (tried and no longer but experience well remembered ).  

So after huge failures why should we believe the most corrupt (Liberal) government of all time will do better the other areas?

39 minutes ago, Sksman said:

So you post the Ontario govt site to support your arguement Cap and Trade will lower emissions?

I guess in you and Wynne's rosey world Cap and Trade will be implemented better then in Europe (huge Fail and corruption) and Australia (tried and no longer but experience well remembered ).  

So after huge failures why should we believe the most corrupt (Liberal) government of all time will do better the other areas?

You aren't very bright are you.

I posted it because just about everything in the post he made was flat out wrong and he never mentioned emissions.  I have no doubts it will lower emissions and the money raised will go to support things like transit and green energy, which lower emissions...

Please tell me more about these "yuge failures". You're clearly a clueless partisan hack.

6 hours ago, Catman said:

I posted it because just about everything in the post he made was flat out wrong and he never mentioned emissions.  I have no doubts it will lower emissions and the money raised will go to support things like transit and green energy, which lower emissions...

Please tell me more about these "yuge failures". You're clearly a clueless partisan hack.

Do you actually read newspapers?   Seriously?  

Europe Cap and Trade is so corupt.  

The idea that you can trade credits to reduce emissions is a joke first off.  So we buy $1 million credits from say California.  How have we lowered our carbon footprint?  We claim a $1 million reduction in it in Ontario.  California claims by selling $1 million they have reduced.  So Both sides can claim reduction but no actual reduction in produced carbon footprint.  But look we have $1 million credits trading to say we did.  And $2  million reduction counted.

Second, there is a huge market in counterfit or fake credits.  Buying and selling credits leads to black market credits.  Europe Cap and Trade full of corruption.  Read the papers.

Justin Trudeau has already said hitting our emission reduction targets in Canada will depend on buying credits on the international markets.  How are we lowering emissions by buying "credits" from somewhere else?  

Thats right we arent. But  JT and Wynne can say look we have excess credits.

so Catman, if the program revolves around credits and buying credits to meet targets how have we lowered emissions?  

7 hours ago, Catman said:

Green energy in Ontario is just one more government screw up. Solar and wind cannot be a constant supply when sun and wind varies. It has however resulted in the highest hydro costs in the country. People are having to choose between paying hydro or rent and groceries while business is leaving the province for places with cheaper hydro.

11 hours ago, Catman said:

If it looks like and smells like a tax, it is a tax.  It general revenue for government that dumb sheep are led to believe otherwise.  Carbon is not a pollutant.

11 hours ago, Catman said:

Net zero lmao.  I live in Richmond Hill and take a viva bus.  I only work 10k from home so it's faster to ride a bike then drive or take the bus.  Where is this utopia where you live?

So you're a morte-de-famme living in Richmond Hill, you would fit in quite nicely with the citiods to the south.

The only reason you bus it to cause its cheaper than driving a car. 

Edited by ArcticCrusher

2 hours ago, Sksman said:

Do you actually read newspapers?   Seriously?  

Europe Cap and Trade is so corupt.  

The idea that you can trade credits to reduce emissions is a joke first off.  So we buy $1 million credits from say California.  How have we lowered our carbon footprint?  We claim a $1 million reduction in it in Ontario.  California claims by selling $1 million they have reduced.  So Both sides can claim reduction but no actual reduction in produced carbon footprint.  But look we have $1 million credits trading to say we did.  And $2  million reduction counted.

Second, there is a huge market in counterfit or fake credits.  Buying and selling credits leads to black market credits.  Europe Cap and Trade full of corruption.  Read the papers.

Justin Trudeau has already said hitting our emission reduction targets in Canada will depend on buying credits on the international markets.  How are we lowering emissions by buying "credits" from somewhere else?  

Thats right we arent. But  JT and Wynne can say look we have excess credits.

so Catman, if the program revolves around credits and buying credits to meet targets how have we lowered emissions?  

Or we can have the Alberta NDP's wealth re-distrubution, sorry carbon tax system where 60% of the population get a carbon credit back that is more than the tax applied.  Bring on the carbon taxes.