Post your new sleds.....or any for that matter...

Poncho

1 hour ago, Puzzleboy said:

Weren't the Storms the most underperforming sleds ever, or some such claim?  Hence their short tenure with Polaris...... they looked good though. 

Actually they ran 10 years.......final production ended in 2003 as the XCR 800 which to this day would even run down a Sidewinder.....I mean when the turbo bolts back off.....as for a Perry the Platypus 850, they burn up at the start line....Storms would eat them up for breakfast

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Puzzleboy said:

Weren't the Storms the most underperforming sleds ever, or some such claim?  Hence their short tenure with Polaris...... they looked good though. 

Actually they ran 10 years.......final production ended in 2003 as the XCR 800 which to this day would even run down a Sidewinder.....I mean when the turbo bolts back off.....as for a Perry the Platypus 850, they burn up at the start line....Storms would eat them up for breakfast

2 minutes ago, Poncho said:

Dam double post....Happy New Years!

I'll call bullshit on that.  But I did always like the look of the wedge Indys which they copied from Kawasaki, Alouette etc. 

4 hours ago, Poncho said:

7 hours ago, Puzzleboy said:

I'll call bullshit on that.  But I did always like the look of the wedge Indys which they copied from Kawasaki, Alouette etc. 

What part are you calling bs?....the Perry 850?

10 minutes ago, Frostynuts said:

Pretty easy answer, 2 stroke jokes.

Did you get up to Deep River?....around Griffith things are getting pretty good.  Groomer made it through to Denbigh yesterday.

Hi Poncho, Yes we made it to Deep River, and up a little farther on Friday. Went on some trails that were open going up, and closed coming back on the same trail. Trails had been groomed and were in good shape. I,m guessing someone hasn,t gotten around to taking down the trail closed signs yet. Not much sled traffic on Thursday or Friday, but the Best Western in Pembroke was all booked up for the week-end so I imagine there will be lots of sleds out then.

On Thursday we went to Barrys Bay and around that area. Trails were good but need more signage around the Douglas area.

Some trails in that area have been re-routed but weren,t marked very well, so that was a bit of an adventure. LOL 

According to the OFSC trail guide, it looks like a lot of trails are starting to open up in Eastern Ontario after the last snowfall which we got yesterday. I love leaving from our clubhouse here in Maynard and putting on a couple of hundred easy miles, @ 50 kph  in a day and getting home again right around dark. LOL

Steve and I might be coming up your way in the next couple of weeks to go sledding. One of his old cottage friends is inviting us up for a few days, but we haven,t set the dates yet.

Glad to hear it,s good up around your cottage in Griffith. 

The guy with the new 850 in our group is very happy with it for trail riding, but said it kind of hits a wall around 170 on the test track that we found. LOL

He said it will creep up a little higher, but you need lots of room. He thinks it might be close to running out of gear.

We stayed off of all the lakes and creeks, cause none of us are risk takers.

The Ottawa Sun says a sled went thru the ice around the Manotick area on the Rideau River.

Apparently the driver is ok.

While chatting with some other sledders around the Douglas area, one of the guys mentioned that sledders should be very careful while speeding thru the Petawawa area because the military police are fining speeders going thru their trails. Not just the leader like the OPP, but all the sledders in the same group. Apparently the fine is around 65 bucks, per person. In all the 30 years we have been up that way, our group had never heard of this, and either had anyone else we talked to, so I,m not sure what is really up with that.

Have you ever heard of anyone getting fined because of speeding going thru that area ? 

Edited by Frostynuts

2 hours ago, Frostynuts said:

Hi Poncho, Yes we made it to Deep River, and up a little farther on Friday. Went on some trails that were open going up, and closed coming back on the same trail. Trails had been groomed and were in good shape. I,m guessing someone hasn,t gotten around to taking down the trail closed signs yet. Not much sled traffic on Thursday or Friday, but the Best Western in Pembroke was all booked up for the week-end so I imagine there will be lots of sleds out then.

On Thursday we went to Barrys Bay and around that area. Trails were good but need more signage around the Douglas area.

Some trails in that area have been re-routed but weren,t marked very well, so that was a bit of an adventure. LOL 

According to the OFSC trail guide, it looks like a lot of trails are starting to open up in Eastern Ontario after the last snowfall which we got yesterday. I love leaving from our clubhouse here in Maynard and putting on a couple of hundred easy miles, @ 50 kph  in a day and getting home again right around dark. LOL

Steve and I might be coming up your way in the next couple of weeks to go sledding. One of his old cottage friends is inviting us up for a few days, but we haven,t set the dates yet.

Glad to hear it,s good up around your cottage in Griffith. 

The guy with the new 850 in our group is very happy with it for trail riding, but said it kind of hits a wall around 170 on the test track that we found. LOL

He said it will creep up a little higher, but you need lots of room. He thinks it might be close to running out of gear.

We stayed off of all the lakes and creeks, cause none of us are risk takers.

The Ottawa Sun says a sled went thru the ice around the Manotick area on the Rideau River.

Apparently the driver is ok.

While chatting with some other sledders around the Douglas area, one of the guys mentioned that sledders should be very careful while speeding thru the Petawawa area because the military police are fining speeders going thru their trails. Not just the leader like the OPP, but all the sledders in the same group. Apparently the fine is around 65 bucks, per person. In all the 30 years we have been up that way, our group had never heard of this, and either had anyone else we talked to, so I,m not sure what is really up with that.

Have you ever heard of anyone getting fined because of speeding going thru that area ? 

Last year we got pulled over on the main trail while going through Petewawa, not for speeding but for paperwork....all OK.  It was the OPP, the guy had no personally.  I know that area is a hot spot for radar in the past and we always back it down going through there.  I'm not sure how he would determine the entire group deserves a ticket, but I refer to Odot.

170kph is pretty good for a new sled but more importantly did he run against another sled.  When it's fully broken in it will pull more, I bet it gets to 170 in a hurry.

We,ve been stopped by the OPP before for paperwork as well, but never by any military personnel while going thru the base.

I wonder if anyone on here has ever been stopped and charged by the military, or if those guys were just pulling our leg. LOL

No, he ran by himself, only 1 sled allowed on the test track at a time, LOL, and yes, it does get their quik.

He is very happy with it, especially in the twisties and bumpy trails.

I just checked with a guy that lives on a local lake, and he said there are fishing shacks out with 6-7 inches of ice, so I,m guessing within the next couple of weeks we will get a chance to try a few different sleds side by side on the lake were it is safe. We have a good mix of sleds, a 2016 800 Polaris AXYS, a 2013 Turbo Cat, a 2016 1200 Renegade with LOTS of extra balls, and an 800 doo, with great clutching and gearing, and the new 850 doo.

We,ll have to run about a thousand feet or so to allow some sleds to play catch-up. It,s all for fun, and some teasing rights, and a chance for everyone that looses a chance to make some changes, if they so desire.

An interesting tidbit is we had a 2016 doo 800 with us that was still in break-in mode and had a light on the dash that indicated break in mode, and finally got thru break in on our trip.

The 850 doesn,t have that same light, so we aren,t sure just when the break in mode is over on that one.

17 hours ago, Puzzleboy said:

Lol, was a joke.  Guys like FuzzyNuts wants the world to think the Doo 850 sky is falling.....

And I was drinking Merc Kool-Aid today!

I don,t remember saying anything negative about the 850. I think they are a great ladies sled.

• Like 2

Replaced the wife's 2012 Vector with a 2016 Viper LTX DX 137 track.

I had it studded with 2 per pitch.

If anyone has the same sled I'd like to know what carbide setup works for you.2016_SR_Viper_LTX_DX_Black_1.png

36 minutes ago, Yamadoo said:

Replaced the wife's 2012 Vector with a 2016 Viper LTX DX 137 track.

I had it studded with 2 per pitch.

If anyone has the same sled I'd like to know what carbide setup works for you.2016_SR_Viper_LTX_DX_Black_1.png

How do you/she like it so far, or have you ridden it enough yet to tell?

Still rocking my 08 Vector but haven't ridden it in 2 years. I am currently running Bergstrom 8" Triple Points but wish I had of went with 6" as it can be a beast sometimes at the slower speeds. 

Check on TY 4stroke to see what guys are running. http://ty4stroke.com/threads/2014-viper-rtx-stock-carbides.130370/

Good luck.