Official motorcycle thread.

7 minutes ago, ckf said:

How many miles do you typically ride in a day?

That depends, taday we only rode about 300kms, we rode over 500 the other day. Time is the fa for in how far we go as well as who we are with and how often they want to stop along the way to look at touristy stuff.

I always rode sport bikes and never really found them all that comfortable for all day riding. I'm sure the touring style bikes are much more comfortable.

12 hours ago, ckf said:

I always rode sport bikes and never really found them all that comfortable for all day riding. I'm sure the touring style bikes are much more comfortable.

That depends. The goldwimg we were with yesterday is a sofa. Sure it is comfortable when under way but moving it is a pain. Many find sport biles better, or standards. Cruisers are OK for all day riding if you take a break. They kinda lock you in to one position so after an hour ormso you need to get off forma stretch.

• Platinum Contributing Member

Gave the bike a good run today. Up the VT side of the river and over to pittsburg, down thru Errol and Pinkham notch to North Conway with a stop at my fav cigar bar/shop. Over the kanc which was amazing. Over kinsman notch and home. 250 miles, Harleys everywhere. I passed them all. One guy on a street glide tried to stay in front laughably. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Shifty said:

Gave the bike a good run today. Up the VT side of the river and over to pittsburg, down thru Errol and Pinkham notch to North Conway with a stop at my fav cigar bar/shop. Over the kanc which was amazing. Over kinsman notch and home. 250 miles, Harleys everywhere. I passed them all. One guy on a street glide tried to stay in front laughably. 

Sounds like a great ride Shifty. The Kanc has to be one of the best bike roads in  NH :bc:

6 hours ago, Shifty said:

nothing handles like an old kawasaki

9 hours ago, Shifty said:

I'd ride Vermont a lot more if it didn't cost $156 to ride with out a helmet. I don't get trying to keep up or being upset when someone passes can't people do their own thing and think for themselves? Looks like a great day I got my mom out on mine for the first time this year

denny.jpg

Edited by ckf
fixed image
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, 45th parallel said:

I'd ride Vermont a lot more if it didn't cost $156 to ride with out a helmet. I don't get trying to keep up or being upset when someone passes can't people do their own thing and think for themselves? Looks like a great day I got my mom out on mine for the first time this year

denny.jpg

Did you make it over to Epping this weekend to watch any of the NHRA action?