Will trump bailout gubermont motors again?

BOHICA

They need to provide better engine options in their trucks. With Republican gas prices coming back they should present some efficient options. Ford would be 10 years behind again right quick...

• Platinum Contributing Member
10 minutes ago, Anler said:

They need to provide better engine options in their trucks. With Republican gas prices coming back they should present some efficient options. Ford would be 10 years behind again right quick...

Yeah mine is horrible at 22/24 mpg everyday day driving and 30 if I nurse it. It can get the same mpg as my girlfriend's Ford Fusion. I'm sure the F150 ecoboost does way better right :pc:

Just now, Skidooski said:

Yeah mine is horrible at 22/24 mpg everyday day driving and 30 if I nurse it. It can get the same mpg as my girlfriend's Ford Fusion. I'm sure the F150 ecoboost does way better right :pc:

What are you driving?

2 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

2015 Sierra 4.3 

That is a good engine but when you are towing there is no advantage. The GMs are geared too high. My ram has a 3.91 rear and it's a monster.

3 minutes ago, Sal Rosenberg said:

Can't even tow with a 5 3 , total dog

I don't like the rear end in those. I haven't driven a new 8 speed but the 6 speed isn't even in the same league as the ram.

18 minutes ago, Anler said:

I don't like the rear end in those. I haven't driven a new 8 speed but the 6 speed isn't even in the same league as the ram.

Test drove one before buying a Ford and it was nice but as you said rear end sucks. Feels like I have to floor it as well to make it move.  Ford is a much better performing truck all around than the Chev. 

• Like 1

30 mpg best city and still pulls my 2 place in line R & R easily. Not much to complain about here and when I turn this lease in I might even get another 4.3  

They must be better now than when I had my old 4.3 from the  early 00.  It was a pig on gas.  Worse than my shitty 05 5.4 triton v8 

Just now, Kev144 said:

They must be better now than when I had my old 4.3 from the  early 00.  It was a pig on gas.  Worse than my shitty 05 5.4 triton v8 

I got stuck with this coming out of a 2 year lease with the 5.3 and it gets better milage by in my experience and much better then the older 4.3's 

Yeah? 

Ummm...... yeah .  But if you feel that your fullsize gasoline powered pickup truck is delivering 30 mpg for you then ok, I'm not going to argue it. . Personally , I'd craigslist the thing for 40% over msrp tomorrow as you have the only one on planet Earth that has ever achieved that in the history of man .    :bc:

• Like 3

• Gold Member
2 minutes ago, Sal Rosenberg said:

Ummm...... yeah .  But if you feel that your fullsize gasoline powered pickup truck is delivering 30 mpg for you then ok, I'm not going to argue it. . Personally , I'd craigslist the thing for 40% over msrp tomorrow as you have the only one on planet Earth that has ever achieved that in the history of man .    :bc:

This thread will be complete when we get a ram cummins guy come in and say they get over 20 mpg!!!!

Edited by BOHICA
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, BOHICA said:

This thread will be complete when we get a ram cummins guy come in and say they get over 20 mpg!!!!

well it won't be me, and i've got an old one well broken in and there's no way in hell!  Those guys are full of shit.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sal Rosenberg said:

Yeah maybe the computer reads off....sort of like an Arctic Cat speedometer :bc: