Christmas loot thread

2 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

It is a consumerist circle jerk, but who doesn't like giving and receiving gifts?

There is no ethical gift giving or getting under a capitalistic society.  All you are doing is stealing or receiving the labor of other souls.

So, suck it.

:lol:

1 hour ago, T1R9sledder said:

I got quality time with my 8 month old grandson. I'll take that anytime.

:bc:

too bad more don't get it.

We have become such a society of self absorbed back yard watchers.I pity those who are so entrenched in their ideology that they  miss out on the greatest gifts in life.

Edited by Cold War
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Cold War said:

We have become such a society of self absorbed back yard watchers.I pity those who are so entrenched in their ideology that they  miss out on the greatest gifts in life.

We agreed a while ago, my brother and I don't do gifts. The niece and nephew are just out of university so we want nothing from them other than a visit since they need the money they get. We always give them cash which is always welcome. Best by far though was spending the day together. 

28 minutes ago, 02sled said:

We agreed a while ago, my brother and I don't do gifts. The niece and nephew are just out of university so we want nothing from them other than a visit since they need the money they get. We always give them cash which is always welcome. Best by far though was spending the day together. 

2 minutes ago, smokin george said:

We were low key this year since we spent quite a chunk on a boiler for the house. I bought a pair of gold/ white gold earrings  for the wife and she gave me some t-shirts and pjs

we bought a puppy.

2 minutes ago, Cold War said:

we bought a puppy.

So cool.... puppies/dogs are great. No matter what kind of a day you've had you walk through the door to a wagging tail that is so happy to see you and things change. That bad day disappears instantly. They are also proven to be good for your health.

What kind of puppy did you get.

35 minutes ago, 02sled said:

So cool.... puppies/dogs are great. No matter what kind of a day you've had you walk through the door to a wagging tail that is so happy to see you and things change. That bad day disappears instantly. They are also proven to be good for your health.

What kind of puppy did you get.

You got that right.  It was touch And go for a few days. She got real sick and we had to leave her the vet.  Could of been a sad  Christmas, but she pulled through.    Boston terrier. 

IMG_20161225_210523088.jpg

IMG_20161226_113745915.jpg

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Cold War said:

On my wife's side of the family the adults don't exchange gifts anymore. Everyone is scattered around the US and world. So we do a Secret Santa draw and your gift is a poem, skit or song for the person you are drawn. Make a video of it and post it on our family's group on Facebook. Some are sentimental but most are very comical.  

33 minutes ago, odot1 said:

My 20yr old step daughter asked me to officially adopt her!!   Best present ever!!!!

Awesome, my wife and I made the announcement Christmas day we are adopting my 28 year old niece. 

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

u are in for a wild 2 yrs lol.

Me?   That little dog is a holy terror.  It is our first little dog.  We have always had big boxers. It is just too painful putting them down after 8 years, hoping this little dog  goes 13-15 yrs.

46 minutes ago, T1R9sledder said:

On my wife's side of the family the adults don't exchange gifts anymore. Everyone is scattered around the US and world. So we do a Secret Santa draw and your gift is a poem, skit or song for the person you are drawn. Make a video of it and post it on our family's group on Facebook. Some are sentimental but most are very comical.  

Pretty cool.  My family is mostly in Florida. My mother in law is a Christmas freak. she still buys presents for everyone like they are five and believing in Santa. :lol: 

26 minutes ago, odot1 said:

My 20yr old step daughter asked me to officially adopt her!!   Best present ever!!!!

I just watched a video on that, pretty teary.  being a step parent alone  is tough, you must of done a hell of a job. :bc: 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Cold War said:

Me?   That little dog is a holy terror.  It is our first little dog.  We have always had big boxers. It is just too painful putting them down after 8 years, hoping this little dog  goes 13-15 yrs.

Pretty cool.  My family is mostly in Florida. My mother in law is a Christmas freak. she still buys presents for everyone like they are five and believing in Santa. :lol: 

I just watched a video on that, pretty teary.  being a step parent alone  is tough, you must of done a hell of a job. :bc: 

Know all about it....