Yamaha Sidewinder

Yamadoo

You clearly don't ride agressively.  In any case, why not just run the correct studs?

17 hours ago, Blackstar said:

The nuts were the problem. The stud length is fine. A lot of guys are running 1.63's on the 1.25 tracks with no issues.

A few are running 1.86

attachment.php?attachmentid=1782794&

I've run 1.45's on my 1.25's for 10 years now with no issues, never a pull out in over 15k miles.

• Platinum Contributing Member
3 hours ago, Puzzleboy said:

You clearly don't ride agressively.  In any case, why not just run the correct studs?

That's not mine fool. That's a pic from HCS from a guy who runs 1.86's on his TCat.

Why running longer studs? Nothing wrong with deeper penetration as long as you have the nuts for it..

• Like 1

Or you could just run the manufacturer reccommended lengths that resist bending/breaking/tearouts.  I run just higher than the paddle, and still get bent/broken/torn out studs every year.  Just part of sledding if you don't ride like a girl.   

That's not mine fool. That's a pic from HCS from a guy who runs 1.86's on his TCat.

Why running longer studs? Nothing wrong with deeper penetration as long as you have the nuts for it..

1 hour ago, Puzzleboy said:

Or you could just run the manufacturer reccommended lengths that resist bending/breaking/tearouts.  I run just higher than the paddle, and still get bent/broken/torn out studs every year.  Just part of sledding if you don't ride like a girl.   

Since when would the Puzzler do anything a Manufacturer recommend.....LOL......the recommended stud length is conservative.  I always run a little more for that reason.  In my 1200, with a 1 inch track, I ran 144 1.375".  No pull outs, no breaks, about 10K no issue.

1 hour ago, Puzzleboy said:

Easy with the last line....deeper penetration doesn't mean more results, having the nuts for it helps.

Like I said, it might only be a concern if you ride agressively. 

1 hour ago, Poncho said:

Since when would the Puzzler do anything a Manufacturer recommend.....LOL......the recommended stud length is conservative.  I always run a little more for that reason.  In my 1200, with a 1 inch track, I ran 144 1.375".  No pull outs, no breaks, about 10K no issue.

On 1/27/2017 at 9:18 PM, Puzzleboy said:

That guy running the 1.86 studs is crazy. Those will bend so fast with those short nuts. 

Got my old mans studs sorted out now his only problem is staying on the trail. He got himself really stuck twice in the span of 1000ft on our way home yesterday. 

On its sidewinder. 

IMG_0323.PNG

IMG_0334.PNG

IMG_0335.PNG

47 minutes ago, Poncho said:

I'm thinking he might want to rethink his choice of sled, or perhaps slow down a bit.  I assume he blew a turn or two.

No blown turns. We were riding the shoulder of the road and he was trying to ride the bank and got sucked into the ditch somehow...twice. 

3 minutes ago, Tinker said:

Are those BRP rear idler wheels ? Maybe go for the Pilot skiis too

I don't know. Just don't ask him about them if you see them he will go on about how he has all red parts(turbo tubes, ski loops, wheels) on the right side "Red right returning". 

The yammy skis have to be the worst skis ever. Sled is too front heavy to be riding on those popsicle sticks. 

16 minutes ago, Sedz said:

No blown turns. We were riding the shoulder of the road and he was trying to ride the bank and got sucked into the ditch somehow...twice. 

I don't know. Just don't ask him about them if you see them he will go on about how he has all red parts(turbo tubes, ski loops, wheels) on the right side "Red right returning". 

The yammy skis have to be the worst skis ever. Sled is too front heavy to be riding on those popsicle sticks. 

Riding the bank at the side of the road can really suck you in.  Once it's starts toward the ditch you got to up on the tank and get real physical, those heavy 4 smokes need a little work.  My buddy did the same thing twice in about a half hour in his 1200.  

8 minutes ago, Poncho said:

Riding the bank at the side of the road can really suck you in.  Once it's starts toward the ditch you got to up on the tank and get real physical, those heavy 4 smokes need a little work.  My buddy did the same thing twice in about a half hour in his 1200.  

8 minutes ago, Poncho said:

Puzzler ?

• Like 1

We saw a guy on Thursday with a new Sidewinder when we were unloading in Eganville.  He flew by and headed up trail. After unloading we headed out, about 10 minutes later he was parked at the side of the trail with the side cowl off and he was on his cell phone.  I stop an asked if he was OK, he said yes.  I noted the belt had blown and it damaged the clutch cover and side cowl.  Anyway, I saw him again in Pembroke, it appears it was operational again.  I'm betting Siderwinders are a little tough on belts if the operators are not careful.  

• Platinum Contributing Member
9 hours ago, Puzzleboy said:

Was on Ka-jee-jee-mart tonight....... Lots o' Sidewinders for sale, new & used. 

Tim, what's going on...... don't these guys want to be King O' the Lakes?????

Not everyone can handle the pressure of ruling, but for most its good to be the King.