Yamaha Sidewinder

Yamadoo

19 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Not all have been bad...lol

My 03 Rev 600 was a great sled for me. I put 7000kms on it before it was stolen after 2 years. Those motors had bad pistons though. There was some coating that faked off or something. My buddy has his fixed at 9000 kms.

My 07 600 CFI Switchback was good to me other than the injectors went bad at around 7000 kms and it took a month to get it fixed. Warranty covered it. Rode it just over 11000 kms then couldn't get any money for it. There were plenty of motor problems with those too but mine was fine.

Di's 07 F6 was ok. Fuel tank cracked (which there is a recall for now). The wiring harness rubbed through shorted to the block.

Her '12 Vector has been real good. Its at 8000 kms now.

That IQ700 burned down twice while under warranty which was a 2 year I believe. Not sure if they ever found out what happened. It was stolen a few years ago. He said that was the best thing that could have happened to that sled.

Kind of hard to believe you still ride.....if I am not mistaken, your recent Cats and your last 1200 doo treat/treated you well.

9 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Edit that before Puzzler see it.

I'm not an airplane kinda guy so we're all good.

Shit Tim fix that......"before Puzzler see it".....pural is required.......we are on pins and needles....with Grammar Puzzle

57 minutes ago, Poncho said:

Shit Tim every sled, sled owner, sled person, sled part you know or have owned has either exploded, burned down, seized or blown a head gasket......do you think it's you????.....it's unlikely I will have you up for a flight in my plane......lol

And Sedz , definitely don't take him up ............. Prob a wing will come off ..

• Platinum Contributing Member
44 minutes ago, Stoney said:

Kind of hard to believe you still ride.....if I am not mistaken, your recent Cats and your last 1200 doo treat/treated you well.

My 1200 was great until the melt down.

The 7000 I only kept for a year. After reading all the starter problems, I didn't want to own it outside of warranty. Read the thread at OC in the Technical Corner if you haven't yet.

My turbo has been good but not many miles on it yet. Not that I expect much to go wrong with it. Motors are tried and true.

14 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

My 1200 was great until the melt down.

The 7000 I only kept for a year. After reading all the starter problems, I didn't want to own it outside of warranty. Read the thread at OC in the Technical Corner if you haven't yet.

My turbo has been good but not many miles on it yet. Not that I expect much to go wrong with it. Motors are tried and true.

Oh yes, I forgot about the 7000....plus you added a turbo to that one if I am not mistaken that did not go too well, or maybe that was another sled....

And yes, the 1200 meltdown, in Gravenhurst I think....memory is getting to be the shit :flush:

3 minutes ago, Stoney said:

Oh yes, I forgot about the 7000....plus you added a turbo to that one if I am not mistaken that did not go too well, or maybe that was another sled....

And yes, the 1200 meltdown, in Gravenhurst I think....memory is getting to be the shit :flush:

I didn't mention the turbo because that was mostly my doing. I was lead to believe the turbo was a "bolt it on and go" deal and it was not so easy.

1200 melted down at the PET ride in Gravenhurst, yes. And I was riding it because the relay had frozen in the 7000....lol

Man, sounds bad doesn't it?

People wonder why I like to have a spare sled around.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

I didn't mention the turbo because that was mostly my doing. I was lead to believe the turbo was a "bolt it on and go" deal and it was not so easy.

1200 melted down at the PET ride in Gravenhurst, yes. And I was riding it because the relay had frozen in the 7000....lol

Man, sounds bad doesn't it?

People wonder why I like to have a spare sled around.

LOL....now that you tell the stories, it all makes sense :lol:

6 hours ago, StevieWonder said:

By now I fig you had a removable one ........

Since i got some aftermarket hardware installed they have been pretty good for just about everything but giving high fives. My real issue now is my hips, headed for a bilateral hip replacement. Oh and i guess my fragile Faberge egg like bones aren't helping much. 

3 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Fire Marshal Sedz gonna show how not to fly a plane first hand.

there's a classic!

The XCR is getting close to being fully broken in.  About 13 hours on it, need 18 hours for full break-in.  Did a little WOT pull on the lake today 113 mph on the dream-o-meter.  All trails south of my place in Griffith were green, rode to Cloyne and back about 120 miles.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by Poncho
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Poncho said:

The XCR is getting close to being fully broken in.  About 13 hours on it, need 18 hours for full break-in.  Did a little WOT pull on the lake today 113 mph on the dream-o-meter.  All trails south of my place in Griffith were green, rode to Cloyne and back about 120 miles.

Nice. Glad someone is riding.

Barrett-Jackson is keeping me entertained tonight.

Out again today, very warm, plenty of asshats riding the center of the trail.  Anyway rode from my place to Calabogie, it felt like a mid-March ride.  Unless it gets cold and more snow, it's done.  100 miles, no issues.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg