Yamaha Sidewinder

Yamadoo

1 minute ago, Kev144 said:

Apparently the yamaha one is faster than the Thunder cat as well.  Must be them yammy clutches 

Could be? I believe the clutches are basically the only difference between the two, other than paint of course.

My old man got one, I've put a few miles on it. Very smooth sled, no studs yet hard to say how well it puts all that power to the ground. Night and day switching back to his 2016 apex, the cat chassis is so much better. 

IMG_0147.JPG

• Platinum Contributing Member
8 hours ago, Puzzleboy said:

With mods, sure, anything will.......

Turbo Dynamics mods cost $1550 for the Sideminder/TCat to pull 265hp ( reflash, muffler, clutch, weights). No other sled can come close to that.

legend used to be on the old FS. (Not sure if he came here). I talked with him last week and he has gone to a Sidewinder over the modded Doo 1200's he was running simply because of the hp to cost ratio.

28 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Turbo Dynamics mods cost $1550 for the Sideminder/TCat to pull 265hp ( reflash, muffler, clutch, weights). No other sled can come close to that.

legend used to be on the old FS. (Not sure if he came here). I talked with him last week and he has gone to a Sidewinder over the modded Doo 1200's he was running simply because of the hp to cost ratio.

Hard to argue with that, I'm surprised the change didn't happen sooner.

19 minutes ago, Stoney said:

Hard to argue with that, I'm surprised the change didn't happen sooner.

The Doo faithful have been waiting for their flagship to come and every year its disappointment.

Eventually you move on.

Nonsense.  Your math is flawed.  The mods might be cheaper, but the sled costs $8000 more! 

For your logic to make sense, that sled should be churning out 400hp.  Lol

And at the end of the day, you've spent over $20k, and you're still riding......... a Cat.  Reliability will be compromised, the build quality is still shit....

Let's see how long those cranks last with 265hp (designed for 170).  Good luck with the warranty dept. 

7 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Edited by Puzzleboy

Not sure what "flagship" we're waiting for.  I own around 20 2-stroke vehicles (bikes, sleds, 3 RZ500s and an NS400R....).  I'm a 2-stroke guy. 

I always like more power, but I can't see anything with more torque adding to the trail experience of a 1200.  On a lake, sure, if you have a small wiener and have to be the guy running 130 for a short blast..... have at 'er. 

BTW, modded Machs have been hitting 130 since 2005.  So the Sidewinder is essentially 12 years late.....

7 hours ago, Blackstar said:

The Doo faithful have been waiting for their flagship to come and every year its disappointment.

Eventually you move on.

Edited by Puzzleboy

3 hours ago, Puzzleboy said:

Not sure what "flagship" we're waiting for.  I own around 20 2-stroke vehicles (bikes, sleds, 3 RZ500s and an NS400R....).  I'm a 2-stroke guy. 

I always like more power, but I can't see anything with more torque adding to the trail experience of a 1200.  On a lake, sure, if you have a small wiener and have to be the guy running 130 for a short blast..... have at 'er. 

BTW, modded Machs have been hitting 130 since 2005.  So the Sidewinder is essentially 12 years late.....

I've heard from your women. Everyone knows your a 2 stroke guy but we're talking sleds here.

And we are talking 4 stroke, king of the lake, big boy sleds.

Do your math again dipshit. A '17 1200 Enduro is $15900. A '17 Crosstek 9000 is $18700. We can say these aren't identical models but close enough.

Give or take that's $3000 plus the $1550 means a $4500 premium to run 132 mph on snow. You can't buy a decent turbo kit for the 1200 for less $6500. You'll need to spend better than $10g's to be competitive with the Sidewinder/9000.

The Sidewinder/9000 tuned through the selling dealer will still have warranty. No hope for the Doo.

All this coming from a guy who owns a Corvette.....lol  The cliche vehicle for small penis syndrome.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

I've heard from your women. Everyone knows your a 2 stroke guy but we're talking sleds here.

Do your math again dipshit. A '17 1200 Enduro is $15900. A '17 Crosstek 9000 is $18700. We can say these aren't identical models but close enough.

Give or take that's $3000 plus the $1550 means a $4500 premium to run 132 mph on snow. You can't buy a decent turbo kit for the 1200 for less $6500. You'll need to spend better than $10g's to be competitive with the Sidewinder/9000.

The Sidewinder/9000 tuned through the selling dealer will still have warranty. No hope for the Doo.

All this coming from a guy who owns a Corvette.....lol  The cliche vehicle for small penis syndrome.

Blackstar in for a punt kick to the balls!! :lol:

• Like 2

I only had to read as far as your comparing a 1200 Enduro to a Crosstek.   That's a a 130hp stock trail sled competing with a 200hp stock sled.  You might as well compare a 600 Etec.  I mean, it would take lots of money to make an Elan go 130 also..... is there a point in there somewhere?  Obviously BRP is more interested in 2 strokes in the 170 hp category, if that's your thing.  Hence the 850.  When did BRP ever claim that the 1200 was gonna be king of the lakes?  Lol  It's a reliable, torquey, refined trail sled.  Tards who boost it and are disappointed that they're beaten by Sidewinders....... are still tards.  Is your maiden name Lester..... and you have wet dreams about "mashing the fun flipper, roosting all your buds, on Kevlar Lake"?

But seems we clearly struck a nerve, given your retort.  So why haven't you bought a Sidewinder, little fella?  Can't stomach the $5000 trade in they offered you on that disappointing 2015 Cat turbo? 

Let's hope your warranty claims are true..... because at 265 hp, I'm sure a few will come apart.  If they don't catch fire first, like most Cats.  Me, I'll stick to trail snowmobiles..... you know, from that brand that sucks so bad, they're the market leader? 

"king of the lake, big boy sleds".  Did a 12 year old write that?  :lmao:  If that kind of stuff is important to you, then you clearly suffer from penis-minimus.  (And I HAVE talked to your woman..... at the sled show.) You must read the magazines every month and envy what the "big boys" ride.  Especially since they conned you into buying that Cat turbo..... Lol 

Since about 2% of all our collective riding is on a lake....... I can see why that extra $6000 is so important to you.  But wouldn't you be better off spending that $6000 with Dr. Long, and have the Addadicktome procedure done?

It's actually 2 Corvettes, thanks.  Very average, as Stoney will attest.  And I'm comfortable with my small rooster...... which is why I don't get upset and cry when I'm not the fastest on the lake.  We're sorry to hear you have that particular affliction, and we're here for you buddy. 

Tim, I think you inhaled a little too much chlorine this summer.  Not only has it shrunk your willy, obviously, but it's clearly affecting your judgement.  :)

Edited by Puzzleboy

I'm faithful to whatever works, is reliable, and has good resale value.  Sorta narrows it down a bit..... :)

2 hours ago, Stoney said:

Bahaha....Love a little shit talk!

The Doo faithful can't see past the handle bars.

7 hours ago, Puzzleboy said:

I'm faithful to whatever works, is reliable, and has good resale value.  Sorta narrows it down a bit..... :)

If Doo is what works for you, have at er....But do not be blinded or short sighted when it comes to what others have to offer. They ALL have their strengths and weakness', and thankfully we have four of them to pick from (maybe 3.5), that keeps all the others always improving the sport, that we all benefit from (I will save you the trouble & add your rebuttal, "they all are just trying to catch up to Doo")... 

I have to be honest too in regards to the resale comment, I actually do not put much or any thought into resale when I buy a toy, I buy for the fun factor primarily (i will save you the trouble again and add your rebuttal, "that is because you buy CAT"). Maybe I talk and hear from all the wrong people, or just do not pay attention much, but I think the majority of us, do not buy based on resale.

I am starting to think that you really may have been a good contestant for "Ski Doo's" NA top sledder....maybe throw your name into the hat, I am sure Jeff could give you a few pointers that you might be able to improve upon :bc: .

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Puzzleboy said:

Loosen up that belt. Your brain is badly starving for air. Tons of doo guys wanting more power, and having to spend a shit ton of cash to even get close to a cheaply modded cat. Sounds like over the years, you have drank way to much yellow cool-aid, and it,s starting to show. Hey Poncho, are you sure you looked up that airplane fuel nice and tight ? I think this guy might of gotten into the fumes .LOL 

Edited by Frostynuts