150 years old in 2017

Free lockage along Canada's waterways to celebrate.

http://www.newswire.ca/news-releases/government-of-canada-announces-free-lockage-in-2017---celebrate-canadas-150th-anniversary-with-free-lockage-along-parks-canadas-historic-canals-580259861.html

Will also be 50 years since the Leafs won the cup. So I figure to do the double celebration, 2017 is the Leafs year to win the cup. NOT.

Free lockage will create boat traffic thru areas that can surely use the dollars.

Sunset Cove is the first marina east on the Trent 5 locks up from Simcoe.  This should help them.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Renegade X said:

I hear provincial parks will be free as well... Anyone else hear that?

Windbag give something back to the people that elected her ugly ass free ??

what kind of drugs are you on. please share !!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, soupkid said:

Windbag give something back to the people that elected her ugly ass free ??

what kind of drugs are you on. please share !!!!

I guess shitty drugs after what Nightfire posted..  Unreal that new Canadians will be free for a year even after next.  WTF

2 hours ago, Renegade X said:

I guess shitty drugs after what Nightfire posted..  Unreal that new Canadians will be free for a year even after next.  WTF

Let the new freeloaders run on the backs of us poor mother Fuckers that have built this country.

At least in the US it's illegals they worry about taking over, not the Fuckers that where invited 

18 minutes ago, soupkid said:

Let the new freeloaders run on the backs of us poor mother Fuckers that have built this country.

At least in the US it's illegals they worry about taking over, not the Fuckers that where invited 

What, you want immigrants who can pay their own way?  

So the parks will be full of Pakis (I mean, new Canadians) for the next two years....... great. 

Gonna write my Libtard MP about this discriminatory practice...... They're basically saying, no free admission for white people in 2018. 

Anybody know for sure if Provincial parks will also be free, for camping, etc.? 

My dad would be thrilled..... he just got a new fifth wheel, and still blames Bob Rae for cancelling free camping for seniors...... :)

23 hours ago, Renegade X said:

It's a sad situation what our governments do to us. Pay taxes for years so new arrivals can enjoy everything we paid for. Fuck me.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/8/2016 at 3:24 AM, Puzzleboy said:

So the parks will be full of Pakis (I mean, new Canadians) for the next two years....... great. 

Gonna write my Libtard MP about this discriminatory practice...... They're basically saying, no free admission for white people in 2018. 

I guess you have not been on any long weekends lately....:flush:

On 6/8/2016 at 3:29 AM, Puzzleboy said:

Anybody know for sure if Provincial parks will also be free, for camping, etc.? 

My dad would be thrilled..... he just got a new fifth wheel, and still blames Bob Rae for cancelling free camping for seniors...... :)

Seniors get a great discount as it is...not free, but a great deal compared to full pop.

Now if they happened to also be handicapped as well....ever better yet!

On 6/8/2016 at 3:24 AM, Puzzleboy said:

Had 5 young ones camped across from me in Algonquin a couple of years ago. Azzhats spent most of the day trying to keep a campfire going w/ bbq lighter fluid. When they left the (renting a yurt) they left 2 bags of garbage beside the laneway in the campground. The girls on clean up duty said a charge would be tacked on the cost f their rental.

Also I've (and probably any of you that have camped) in the southern Ontario prov' parks, that there are signs @ the water taps telling the idgits not to wash their dishes & cutlery there.

Camping in northern Ontario I haven't seen the signs (yet).

Back in the 90s during my 1st trip to BC I watched a some idiot stood on a rock @ Athabasca Falls (south of Jasper) smiling & waving @ his relatives who were taking pics. I imagine they would've been awfully upset if he had fallen in & been swept to his death. If the impact of being tossed around like a ragdoll going thru the rocks didn't kill him, the barely above freezing water temp would've done him in.

On ‎24‎/‎06‎/‎2016 at 9:13 PM, Stoney said:

I guess you have not been on any long weekends lately....:flush:

Seniors get a great discount as it is...not free, but a great deal compared to full pop.

Now if they happened to also be handicapped as well....ever better yet!

The Trent Severn Waterway will be free next summer. Save me $20+ each time I want to take the boat out in Georgian Bay.