Trudy's gas trustworthy this year ?

2 minutes ago, Tinker said:

Same owners and the place is a dump, I'd bet on a fire soon.

I sure as hell won't go there. Limerick Lodge is selling gas, or Cunninghams in McArthurs Mills

There should be a law against idgits buying businesses & running them into the ground. Morons closed up the little store in Glen Alda. I imagine the co-owner drained her mother's savings in that enterprise. Her father is probably rolling over in his grave.

I've heard over the years that the Foodland in Coe Hill isn't much better (don't buy the ice cream, emphasis on cream).

How well marked is the route to Limerick Lake Lodge?

Limerick Lake Rd off Heritage or across the lake once frozen, it can be seen from south end of lake trail. 

Foodland freezers in Coe Hill very suspect, too bad I like Steve who runs the place and wish we could send more biz to him. 

We won't buy milk there either we have our doubts about some of the best before dates. 

Glen Alda store a bit of a diff story, after wife passed he lost interest in life in general I hear not just the store. 

Bummer about Trudy's pain the arse for gas now, that used to be the place :((

I cottage in the area and try not to go there at all.  Never gas after I read about Tinker experience a few years ago.

Pulled in once with an ATV group and the old dick there would not let one of the girls use the washroom.  Wish we could have returned every drop of gas we had just bought.

Reg who made the place successful before selling open a restaurant just south of there called the The Gate.  Just food but at least it is something.....

It is a shame.  The place used to be a hub but it is done now.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

They were back to running out of gas or refusing to pump it on the w/end and no credit cards, I'll drive to Madoc or Coe Hill before I give them a nickel.

Limerick Lodge is selling gas, he's asking for peeps to: Please call 613-474-2144 ext 3 and I will meet you at the fuel pump down by the lake. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Tinker said:

They were back to running out of gas or refusing to pump it on the w/end and no credit cards,

As successful as the last owners of Bow Lake Variety.How do you run a business on a major highway & snowmobile trail into the ground?

• Like 1

16 hours ago, revrnd said:

As successful as the last owners of Bow Lake Variety.How do you run a business on a major highway & snowmobile trail into the ground?

Not just sled trail, mutliuse.so traffic all year!!!  Huge cottage area in the summer Hunting season etc..  On the plus side the former Lighthouse restaurant has reopened and doing well as The Gate.

1 hour ago, odot1 said:

Not just sled trail, mutliuse.so traffic all year!!!  Huge cottage area in the summer Hunting season etc..  On the plus side the former Lighthouse restaurant has reopened and doing well as The Gate.

I've had a few great eats at the Gate and all referrals have said the same, nice to have a spot to go in this area. Be nice if they could sell gas but I can only imagine the permits n taxes to start that up in this province.

Hwy 62 just south of Weslemkoon Lk rd, there's a trail off the E106 railine and a big sign. Shows up as a service trail on the OFSC site  

• Like 2

I haven't been down to The Gate by sled but have been by on the railbed on my Ranger rides. I was wondering about access since the signage seemed to say that the trail to the rest' was closed due to private property.