Anodizing

revrnd

Do they have a problem doing smaller lots? A lot of outfits would probably just point guys like us to the door if we stopped in for an inquiry. 

It's been good to see that powder coating has become more accessible the past few years.

I had a shop in Etobicoke (Ardaven Platers) plate some parts a couple years ago w/ zinc dichromate. It's the yellowish finish most commonly used on power brake boosters back in the 70s.

45 minutes ago, Puzzleboy said:

I had a quote to do a Ski-Boose tub (powdercoating) from Fireball.  They wanted $450,not including sandblasting.  Thought that was a bit extreme......

Accessible, yes..... :)

Not sure where you are but here are a couple in Durham:

http://flashfirecoatings.com/ (on Hwy 2 in Courtice, just east of Townline)

http://www.flashpowdercoating.ca/ (On Farewell in Oshawa, south of the 401)

Flashfire is @ the same location as Oshawa Snowmobile Clinic. I've had work done by both. I can't compare the prices, but would lean more towards the Courtice shop in the future.

13 hours ago, revrnd said:

Do they have a problem doing smaller lots? A lot of outfits would probably just point guys like us to the door if we stopped in for an inquiry. 

It's been good to see that powder coating has become more accessible the past few years.

I had a shop in Etobicoke (Ardaven Platers) plate some parts a couple years ago w/ zinc dichromate. It's the yellowish finish most commonly used on power brake boosters back in the 70s.

I used them to black anodize the aluminum shoes of a pair of skies. Dean Allan from Peak Velocity gave me the name of a guy to talk to there. Yes the job was small but I had a reference. Can't remember the guys name now it was 2 years ago. Could always ask Dean for the persons name, he uses them for all his stuff.

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

I was talking to the staff at Macfarlane Nameplate today in Toronto. They will handle small jobs. I'll be dropping off some MTB parts later after the season is over.

http://www.macnameplate.com/products/anodizing/

They're on Carlingview between the Hooters restaurant & The Landing Strip 'establishment' LOL