‘A lot of people are saying . . . ’: How Trump spreads conspiracies and innuendos

18 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I found the clip curious as to why the President "danced around" and avoided the Muslim and "radical" statements or in any way placed blame where it should have been.  Instead, he attacked the Republican nominee :dunno:.  That makes no sense to me.  Why is our (your) President coming on the airwaves and attacking an up and coming political rival to his party after an national tragedy?  How very "Presidential" of him.  Pathetic leadership further dividing this county.  

The republican nominee attacked the POTUS, and the POTUS came back with an intelligent response. 

You sound like a Ron Johnson supporter and I would assume that Ron is just a tad smarter than you, so maybe you should pay attention to what the smart people are saying, they see Trump as the buffoon he is.

Sen. Ron Johnson (R-Wis.), who faces a challenging reelection bid, also called Trump’s insinuations about the president “offensive.”

Speaking after meeting with his National Security Council, Obama dismissed Trump’s many calls for him to change the way he talks about terrorism.

“That’s the key, they tell us. We can’t get ISIL unless we call them ‘radical Islamists,’ ” Obama said, referring to the Islamic State militant group. “What exactly would using this label accomplish? What exactly would it change? Would it make ISIL less committed to trying to kill Americans? Would it bring in more allies? Is there a military strategy that is served by this? The answer is: none of the above.”

At a campaign event in Pittsburgh, Clinton excoriated Trump and challenged Republicans to repudiate him. Clinton said Trump — whom she called “Donald” — failed to demonstrate an ability to deliver a “calm, collected and dignified response” to the Orlando attack.

“Instead, yesterday morning, just one day after the massacre, he went on TV and suggested that President Obama is on the side of the terrorists,” Clinton said. “Just think about that. Even in a time of divided politics, this is way beyond anything that should be said by someone running for president.”

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/top-republicans-join-obama-in-condemning-trump’s-words/ar-AAh3yoj

Edited by Mileage Psycho
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

When the rest of the clothing manufacturer's move back, get unionized and we all agree to support them by paying $22 for a pair of socks.  That ship has long sailed and was the start of what is now happening.  Spare me the "Made in America" bullshit from the Democratic perspective.  Only union sheep are buying into any of that crap anymore.

So if Trumps clothing line isn't coming back what jobs are coming back to the USA?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

When the rest of the clothing manufacturer's move back, get unionized and we all agree to support them by paying $22 for a pair of socks.  That ship has long sailed and was the start of what is now happening.  Spare me the "Made in America" bullshit from the Democratic perspective.  Only union sheep are buying into any of that crap anymore.

My biggest customer had a non union sewing factory, he made product for a major underwear brand and did finishing work on product that was screwed up in foreign factories, eventually he was forced to move to Mexico and the price of the product never went down.

Just to compare, he could pay 4 Mexican workers for a day for less than the minimum wage here for an hour.

2 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

My biggest customer had a non union sewing factory, he made product for a major underwear brand and did finishing work on product that was screwed up in foreign factories, eventually he was forced to move to Mexico and the price of the product never went down.

Just to compare, he could pay 4 Mexican workers for a day for less than the minimum wage here for an hour.

What forced him to move to mexico?

1 hour ago, 1jkw said:

No business in the US can compete with that. Even removing all business taxes.

• Platinum Contributing Member
46 minutes ago, Cold War said:

It is a job killer, that is hurting everyone.

I got a good chuckle listening to militant-union buddy pissing and moaning about what happened to his healthcare.

We are all paying more, for less. 

:nuts:

image.jpeg

1 minute ago, racer254 said:

What forced him to move to mexico?

He could not produce the product per hundred dozen at a profit, because the company told him what they were willing to pay and you can't compete when a foreign country can pay a dollar a day and you have to pay 5.00 per hr.

And as side note the product price went up in stores not down.

6 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

No business in the US can compete with that. Even removing all business taxes.

That is exactly what he told me, he said if we were tax free and they paid my rent and electric bill, I still can't compete when I can hire 4 employees for a day for less than it costs to pay 1 employee here minimum wage for 1 hour.

16 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

So if Trumps clothing line isn't coming back what jobs are coming back to the USA?

You want specifics?  Don't be a dolt.  You were getting on my good side.  But, to answer a bit, it sure ss hell will not be textiles.  It'll be more semi-skilled manufacturing trades.  But we've got to get unfucked here first.  And that means get back to "pro-business".  Either side can do it, but the Republicans are much better at it.

1 minute ago, 1jkw said:

That is exactly what he told me, he said if we were tax free and they paid my rent and electric bill, I still can't compete when I can hire 4 employees for a day for less than it costs to pay 1 employee here minimum wage for 1 hour.

Are tariff's the answer?

26 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Really??? As a small business I knew that statement was pure bullshit.

The overblown Obamacare myth about small business

By Jose Pagliery @Jose_Pagliery

NEW YORK (CNNMoney)

It's been uttered by every opponent of health care reform: Obamacare will kill small businesses.

But the new law's rules don't apply to the vast majority of small businesses. The employer mandate, which forces firms to start providing insurance in 2014, pertains only to companies with at least 50 full-time workers.

That's a tiny fraction of small businesses.

As of 2010, there were roughly 5.7 million small employers, defined as those with fewer than 500 workers. Some 97% of them have fewer than 50 employees. That means Obamacare's employer mandate applies only to 3% of America's small businesses.

That's about 200,000 companies.

obamacare1

The critics aren't convinced: "Small businesses don't have staff with the time and expertise to deal with the new system. It's a huge drain on these smaller firms," wrote U.S. Rep. Sam Graves (R-Mo.), House Small Business Committee chair, in a recent editorial for The Washington Times.

Why so much focus on so few firms?

A Graves spokesman said the affected businesses include fast-growing "gazelle" firms, the startups that contribute a disproportionate amount of the nation's new jobs.

"The more money these companies have to spend complying with health care mandates, the less they have to hire and expand," the spokesman said.

Those costs aren't anything to laugh at. If they don't provide insurance, businesses with 50-plus workers face $40,000 in penalties and $2,000 for each additional full-time employee.

However, nearly all of those businesses already do provide insurance: 96% of those with 50-plus workers currently offer health plans anyway, according to government data.

obamacare2

That most businesses affected by the mandate already provide insurance doesn't necessarily mean their insurance is good enough or sufficiently cheap under new Obamacare rules. That's the counterpoint made by U.S. Senator John Barrasso, a Republican from Wyoming.

"The mandates are for a lot more coverage than the average person would want, need or can afford. The business is going to have to spend time, money and have to figure that out," Barrasso said.

For example, firms might be providing insurance that Obamacare deems unaffordable -- that is, if it costs more than 9.5% of a worker's income.

But there are signs that most plans out there qualify under Obamcare's other requirement. More than 99% of those in work-sponsored plans have insurance that meets most Obamacare coverage standards, according to last year's study by NORC at the University of Chicago.

Putting it all together, the data shows that only a tiny sliver of the nation's small businesses face the new rules -- and even fewer face any changes. Of the country's 6.5 million workplaces, only 1% must actually start providing insurance next year.

obamacare3

It's a reality that's likely to catch most small business owners by surprise, said Eileen Elliot, a Vermont health care attorney who advises entrepreneurs.

"There's a lot of trepidation and misinformation out there," Elliot said. "I think it's time to do some education." To top of page

Sources: U.S. Census Bureau and Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality

http://money.cnn.com/2013/05/21/smallbusiness/obamacare/

It's not about what is "mandated".  What world do you people live in?  

1 minute ago, Capt.Storm said:

Are tariff's the answer?

Maybe in some cases but it's a double edge sword.

Here is an example, my friend owned a screen printing frame manufacturing bus. he could buy a finished screen ready to go delivered to his shop cheaper than he could buy the aluminum stock to build the frames here.

Just now, 1jkw said:

Maybe in some cases but it's a double edge sword.

Here is an example, my friend owned a screen printing frame manufacturing bus. he could buy a finished screen ready to go delivered to his shop cheaper than he could buy the aluminum stock to build the frames here.

I find your example confusing .

Are you saying the stock came from over seas or what?

4 minutes ago, Capt.Storm said:

I find your example confusing .

Are you saying the stock came from over seas or what?

No complete ready to go screen printing frames delivered to his shop cheaper than he could buy the square stock from a steel supply house.

7 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

No complete ready to go screen printing frames delivered to his shop cheaper than he could buy the square stock from a steel supply house.

So then the tariffs are not high enough?

You're saying the complete frames are coming from overseas?

Edited by Capt.Storm

• Platinum Contributing Member
27 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

You want specifics?  Don't be a dolt.  You were getting on my good side.  But, to answer a bit, it sure ss hell will not be textiles.  It'll be more semi-skilled manufacturing trades.  But we've got to get unfucked here first.  And that means get back to "pro-business".  Either side can do it, but the Republicans are much better at it.

pro business :lol: WTF do we have now?  Wages have gone down while corporate profits have gone up. You're not happy until employees are indentured servants and corporate America can rape our resources at will. Who the fuck is paying for lobbyists and getting the legislation passed they support?  

You're mindless rhetoric is the problem. 

6 minutes ago, Capt.Storm said:

Cheap labor, government supplied housing, little to no worker safety one of the filthiest places on earth to live and currency manipulation are bigger problems, if we raise taxes on them they do the same to us and we lose exports.

Just now, 1jkw said:

Cheap labor, government supplied housing, little to no worker safety one of the filthiest places on earth to live and currency manipulation are bigger problems, if we raise taxes on them they do the same to us and we lose exports.

Ok..I guess I just didn't understand your example ..but it's all good. :bc:

4 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

pro business :lol: WTF do we have now?  Wages have gone down while corporate profits have gone up. You're not happy until employees are indentured servants and corporate America can rape our resources at will. Who the fuck is paying for lobbyists and getting the legislation passed they support?  

You're mindless rhetoric is the problem. 

Just stop posting.  Do us all a favor.  Or at least me.  You are a complete and utter imbecile.

Edited by Zambroski

12 minutes ago, Capt.Storm said:

You're saying the complete frames are coming from overseas?

Yes complete ready to use frames.

He is a smart guy he no owns a small brewery called Irving Cliff  Brewery.