Combat Wounded Coalition

Every now and then in life we meet someone who really makes an impact to us when they speak and a week ago Saturday I was at an event where I listened and met with Jason Redman, a retired Navy Seal officer who suffered some horrible wounds while on a mission in Iraq, and who has since wrote a book, become a positive leader for those wounded in combat, and has formed the non-profit Combat Wounded Coalition which provides and directs those to services that are needed.

It's the Combat Wounded Coalition that I would like to discuss, in listening to Jason speak is where I learned that 22 veterans a day are committing suicide, tens of thousands are homeless and there are many more wounded who need a wide variety of help. Obviously the Combat Wounded Coalition is run by a wounded veteran who works his ass off to ensure that as much of donated funds as possible go to those who truly are deserving, I think when you go to the webpage at the link you will agree with me that the CWC is one hell of an organization.

While having breakfast on Sunday morning with Jason I brought up Freedom Sledder and described the site as a cast of characters whose passionate and common bond was snowmobiling, and in that group I told him we had many vets and many good folks that support the military, it's missions and of course the vets that served our nation, with that I think it would be great if we could as the Freedom Sledder group make a contribution to the CWC, so I would like to ask John (CKF) if he could create a Pay Pal account to where we could donate and then send the funds to CWC.

https://combatwoundedcoalition.org/

Jason's book The Trident  http://www.sofspoken.com/store/?product=the-trident-the-forging-and-reforging-of-a-navy-seal-leader-signed-copy

• Like 2

• ckf pinned this topic
3 hours ago, Cold War said:

I really hope we start caring about our vets again. Hopefully with the new administration coming in  the media will keep their struggle's and sacrifices front page.

It is a disgrace how our wounded veterans are treated by our govt. There is always money and resources for bullets and bombs but somehow there isn't enough to care for our vets once we are done with them. 

9 minutes ago, Anler said:

It is a disgrace how our wounded veterans are treated by our govt. There is always money and resources for bullets and bombs but somehow there isn't enough to care for our vets once we are done with them. 

The VA does a pretty decent job, but they can't do it all and thus the need for charities like the Combat Wounded Coalition.

I'd like to see some opinions here on whether we should as a group raise some money for these folks, I'll open with $100.00.

Edited by Mileage Psycho

2 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

The VA does a pretty decent job, but they can't do it all and thus the need for charities like the Combat Wounded Coalition.

I'd like to see some opinions here on whether we should as a group raise some money for these folks, I'll open with $100.00.

They do the best with what they have but read your own post... Btw I'm not blaming the VA.

learned that 22 veterans a day are committing suicide, tens of thousands are homeless and there are many more wounded who need a wide variety of help.

7 minutes ago, Anler said:

I couldn't agree more. First and foremost these guys & gals should be taken care of first. I'm sick of the lip service from both parties, when they can use these guys for political reasons than they care. The media is just as bad. 

My Dad just finished his book on Vietnam. I read some of the emails from guys that consulted on the book.  It really is despicable what some of these guys went through and continue to from our own government.

I don't want to argue about it, or go on a tangent, but if there is money to send to all these other countries then there is money for our service men.

No way should they have to look to charity.

2 minutes ago, Cold War said:

I don't want to argue about it, or go on a tangent, but if there is money to send to all these other countries then there is money for our service men.

No way should they have to look to charity.

I agree but I will donate anyway. Somebody has to give a shit, may as well be us... :bc:

Edited by Anler

We used to give to wounded warrior.

I heard last year it wasn't a good Charity as far as the guys not getting a good percentage of the  money.  I am pretty skeptical of a lot of charities....... not saying this is a bad one. Idk.

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
52 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Great cause....I'm in for a 100.00 as well.

My last visit to the VA at Great Lakes Naval Station was heartbreaking. My stupid issues pale in comparison to what I saw there. I will say, the people working there did seem to care and were doing their best with the situation they were given. 

Good thread Vince, I've never heard of this coalition before. :bc: 

2 hours ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Good thread Vince, I'm in for $100.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Every now and then in life we meet someone who really makes an impact to us when they speak and a week ago Saturday I was at an event where I listened and met with Jason Redman, a retired Navy Seal officer who suffered some horrible wounds while on a mission in Iraq, and who has since wrote a book, become a positive leader for those wounded in combat, and has formed the non-profit Combat Wounded Coalition which provides and directs those to services that are needed.

It's the Combat Wounded Coalition that I would like to discuss, in listening to Jason speak is where I learned that 22 veterans a day are committing suicide, tens of thousands are homeless and there are many more wounded who need a wide variety of help. Obviously the Combat Wounded Coalition is run by a wounded veteran who works his ass off to ensure that as much of donated funds as possible go to those who truly are deserving, I think when you go to the webpage at the link you will agree with me that the CWC is one hell of an organization.

While having breakfast on Sunday morning with Jason I brought up Freedom Sledder and described the site as a cast of characters whose passionate and common bond was snowmobiling, and in that group I told him we had many vets and many good folks that support the military, it's missions and of course the vets that served our nation, with that I think it would be great if we could as the Freedom Sledder group make a contribution to the CWC, so I would like to ask John (CKF) if he could create a Pay Pal account to where we could donate and then send the funds to CWC.

https://combatwoundedcoalition.org/

Jason's book The Trident  http://www.sofspoken.com/store/?product=the-trident-the-forging-and-reforging-of-a-navy-seal-leader-signed-copy

Great post Vince.   Going to do some research and make a donation. 

On 12/19/2016 at 7:49 PM, Biggie Smails said:

Great cause....I'm in for a 100.00 as well.

On 12/19/2016 at 9:07 PM, SSFB said:

Good thread Vince, I'm in for $100.

On 12/20/2016 at 8:33 AM, jammin said:

In for a C-note-   let me know where to send it assuming we are doing a group :bc: 

On 12/20/2016 at 8:41 AM, Highmark said:

Great post Vince.   Going to do some research and make a donation. 

Fantastic gentlemen!!!

Hey CKF could/would you start a PayPal account where can make the donation to and then you could make the donatation on behalf of Freedom Sledder?

• Like 2

On 12/20/2016 at 8:49 AM, Skidooski said:

I'm in but don't use PayPal

I don't know how you paid CKF for your contributing membership but if he starts a PayPal account you could send him the money like you did for your CM and he can then fund the PP account on your behalf.

Just now, Mileage Psycho said:

Fantastic gentlemen!!!

Hey CKF could/would you start a PayPal account where can make the donation to and then you could make the donatation on behalf of Freedom Sledder?

I gave $500 this morning.  

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

I don't know how you paid CKF for your contributing membership but if he starts a PayPal account you could send him the money like you did for your CM and he can then fund the PP account on your behalf.

He's got another method I have used for the CM and the server upgrade fund. :bc:

On 12/19/2016 at 7:47 PM, Anler said:

It is a disgrace how our wounded veterans are treated by our govt. There is always money and resources to send to foreigners and for "refugees" who come here and have contributed nothing to this country, but somehow there isn't enough to care for our vets once we are done with them. 

More like 

On 12/19/2016 at 7:56 PM, Mileage Psycho said:

They do what they can with what they are given 

11 hours ago, Mileage Psycho said:

WOW that's fantastic man, kudos!!!! :thumb:

Love helping veterans, children and abandoned pets.  

Well I'm 44 years old and was raised by ww 2 and Vietnam vets. There was zero reason to join the military in my life time unless your a retard and I've been dealing with these comebacks in the work force the last 2 decades and what a fucking mess this is. These people need all the help they can get. I think trump might finally step up and fix this mess