Merry Christmas to me!!!

yami123

• Gold Member
14 minutes ago, yami123 said:

Won the new Jeep Cherokee in a raffle at work today. 10,000 tickets were sold I bought 3. Couldn't believe it when I got the call. Picked it up tonight. I like it a lot. Does very well in the snow :bc: Happy Friday!!

Snapchat-1799278365094428960.jpg

Very cool!!!  You build cars correct?  What do they have you building now since the dart and 200 are history?

4 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

Very cool!!!  You build cars correct?  What do they have you building now since the dart and 200 are history?

Yep. We're still building the Jeep Patriot and Compass until next week then we're going to be down for 3 months for a retool and will be building the Cherokee.

• Gold Member
1 minute ago, yami123 said:

Yep. We're still building the Jeep Patriot and Compass until next week then we're going to be down for 3 months for a retool and will be building the Cherokee.

Sweet!!!  Congrats on the new jeep that a good xmas present!

8 hours ago, yami123 said:

Won the new Jeep Cherokee in a raffle at work today. 10,000 tickets were sold I bought 3. Couldn't believe it when I got the call. Picked it up tonight. I like it a lot. Does very well in the snow :bc: Happy Friday!!

That is so awesome Josh. :bc: 

9 hours ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Good for you, a MERRY CHRISTMAS for sure!!!! :thumb::rockernana:

1 hour ago, bussman said:

That is so awesome Josh. :bc: 

Thanks B. You guys riding around here?

1 hour ago, Cold War said:

Congrats..... very cool.  You still pay taxes?  How does that work?

I have to claim it was an income during tax time (like I won the lottery) so I'll have to claim an additional 25k on my income for this. So they will get me there.

53 minutes ago, Rw06GT said:

Nice! My daughter has just shy of 50k miles on her 15 and other than running off a set of tires, it's been a solid car so far. Good luck with it. :bc:

I like it a lot more then I thought I would. Has a few pretty cool features. Only downfall is it has the 4 banger was hoping for the 6. Can't complain too much tho lol. It's 4X4 so that's the main thing :bc:

10 hours ago, yami123 said:

Nice!  Plan accordingly for taxes.  It is taxed at YOUR income rate or, yours and your wife's if filing jointly.  Plan accordingly, some of it or all of the tax can be written off or deferred if you dig deep enough into the tax code.  Also, the FMV can be argued also as your 1099 will likely show full MSRP.  You can probably save a good 15-20% from that by documenting what the actual selling prices are if you document it correctly.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, yami123 said:

I have to claim it was an income during tax time (like I won the lottery) so I'll have to claim an additional 25k on my income for this. So they will get me there.

I

start collecting old pull tabs old loto tix old horse any old raffle tix u can anything gambling related .  it will count as a deduction on the 25k I think . may have to be all  raffle seeing as that what u won it with but don't think so. call your tax to find out