Anyone know about boilers?

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

Yes

This is a neighbors, not sure you would know about the electric wiring, he hasn't been able to find anyone near us that knows how to fix it, local guy installed it but he recently had a stroke or?? Boiler itself is fine it's the electric breaker system that was used that is the problem.

1 minute ago, XCR1250 said:

This is a neighbors, not sure you would know about the electric wiring, he hasn't been able to find anyone near us that knows how to fix it, local guy installed it but he recently had a stroke or?? Boiler itself is fine it's the electric breaker system that was used that is the problem.

That’s not nearly enough info to help at all

Circuit is tripping, can't handle the load.

Need heavier wire or higher amp breaker.

LOL!

Edited by Guest

220 VAC is 2 lines of 110V on different phase and no neutral (white) is required. ie the Elements.

If the system incorporates 110V components they have to be connected to the neutral. ie pumps, relays, T-stat etc...

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

There are tons of different systems and nothing you are describing is going to allow someone to trouble shoot anything 

I first wanted to know if anyone has installed these, I worked for a heating company many years ago and still fix some furnaces locally, just I have no experience with electric boilers and apparently no one else near here has either..BC Plumbing/heating from Eyota Mn. has a get away home here and has given him some info but even BC hasn't worked on his brand.

3 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

I first wanted to know if anyone has installed these, I worked for a heating company many years ago and still fix some furnaces locally, just I have no experience with electric boilers and apparently no one else near here has either..BC Plumbing/heating from Eyota Mn. has a get away home here and has given him some info but even BC hasn't worked on his brand.

I’m an industrial electrician and can fix any simple control system for a boiler....what you described is nothing anyone could trouble shoot from

5 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

Been working this way for 12 years.

One of the electrical components is burned out in the control panel. Even my old, oil-fired boiler has a number of electrical control boxes on it. 

If it worked 12 years, that is good. That leads me to believe it's your electronic/electrical control boxes that are probably gone, and not the boiler itself. Hard to believe a local tech can't diagnose that............just a process of elimination/testing.

Let me take that back, YES I CAN BELIEVE IT!! 

Ok, the Square D breaker #QOU260 2 pole was tripped and would not stay on when reset, he brought it here and I flipped it a few times and it now stays on, however 1 pole showed no continuity but after flipping it on/off a few more times it does have continuity now on both poles, he has ordered a new breaker..next is (I haven't been there) there is a Magnetic Backup Contactor that had 9 wires going/coming from it, it has 2 small square buttons, now he doesn't know if they are supposed to be in or out but they will not stay in when pushed in..this is all the info I have.

The boiler is likely fed by a two pole breaker. If it’s a modulating boiler there will be contactors for the elements. Possibly one of the contactors shit the bed. We’d need to know what model the boiler is