SLEDGAS.com for gas and hotels

1trailmaker

Just now, ArcticCrusher said:

You tweet?:lol:

no I don't, sledgas informs people :dunno:  Donald follows me he is a big Ontario sledder.

really someone can tweet a station they find closed on the spot with ease, its has worked before.  This way it will update on home page right away.

I also retweet good posts on sledding

Pretty sure my property taxes cover it.... I checked his IP address, and the majority of the updates are done via City of Toronto municipal servers. 

1 hour ago, Kev144 said:

is this done on your own time? :lol: 

Edited by Puzzleboy

• 3 months later...

Even with a crappy sledding year sledgas got near 10000 views with 100's of new comers in just 3 months .  

Thanks to all that gave input   and sent complimentary emails.  

Added quite a few new locations this year and sadly took a few down,  keep them coming in

Updates for your Sledgas site. Bala General Store has been shut down and stopped selling gas a few years ago. As far as I know there still isn't any gas available in Bala.

Capture1.thumb.JPG.a4221e17141014fb8130b0bd6d9a817c.JPG

Six Mile Lake Marina which is on Trail 11A running east from C trail is now pumping gas in the winter and doing sled repairs as well. Your map only shows part of 11A. The blue line I added is the route of the trail to the ice at Six Mile Lake Marina. When staked 11A runs the ice north. It is shown on the ITG

Capture1.thumb.JPG.1d03cfbffcbe1ca17ed6c3a3cd984cb2.JPG

You show the PertoCan on C trail on the west side of Lone Pine Rd. just north of Port Severn Rd. N. A short distance up Lone Pine Rd. on the east side is H&S Amco for gas and food as well. The Petro Can is typically bare asphalt and the pumps quite a way in from the road in comparison to the Amco where he usually has some snow on his lot to accommodate sleds getting to the pumps which are a lot closer to the road. The hoses at Petro Can are short and will not reach through the side doors of a trailer to fill a sled tank but the Amco hoses are much longer and will reach well into the trailer and allow you to fill both sleds side by side.

Capture1.thumb.JPG.367f164fdcee6a6e7c083cb53569a96a.JPG

Village Marina in Honey Harbour which is on Trail 16/19 has gas and some sled supplies such as oil/spark plugs and some accessories such as scratchers and more.

Capture1.thumb.JPG.22da9acb8ae64b34adebe0839b8636cd.JPG

C trail heading west from the 400 toward Midland crosses Rosemount Rd. There is a Shell station on the corner of Hwy 12 and Rosemount Rd. Sometimes Rosemount Rd is snow covered but I have made longer road rash runs than this.

Capture1.thumb.JPG.df1015b2ffe2ffc1c54b90c20623dd66.JPG

As you are coming into Midland there is a PetroCan on the north side of hwy 12. It is really the only accessible gas in Midland. Your website shows the C trail route slightly  inaccurately. See below for the actual route in this area. Your map is close but it shows the C trail coming to the intersection of hwy 12 and William St. but it doesn't C trail comes close to hwy 12 just east of there and has a split where trail 305 uses an old railway bridge to get across the hwy and takes you down to the Midland Waterfront.

Capture1.thumb.JPG.c6cbf50aa49a1b8d13be6e1363aa9277.JPG

4 minutes ago, Puzzleboy said:

I wonder how Steve is able to devote so much time to updating his site, with his demanding work schedule.....

after all he is underpaid and overworked

• 8 months later...
5 hours ago, kevinmxz700 said:

Pine Valley GAS in Griffith, took out there pumps, restaurant still open

Just get gas down the trail at the booze store beside the river. Wilber is a bit of a wanker anyway, I knew that was coming