Ben...what’s up with the M5?

55 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Have it running? I found a manual shift. One of 1000 imported to the the US. Needs some odds and ends, but the rods bearings are good. 

Sold mine in May. I put 3k miles on it or so and sold it for every penny I had in it. It’s the most badass car I’ve ever been in. Capable of so much raw enthusiasm with a level of refinement you would have to search to find. I won’t own another sports car that isn’t and M

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
28 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Sold mine in May. I put 3k miles on it or so and sold it for every penny I had in it. It’s the most badass car I’ve ever been in. Capable of so much raw enthusiasm with a level of refinement you would have to search to find. I won’t own another sports car that isn’t and M

Get a V......you'll be 10x happier

20181007_164201.jpg

1 hour ago, Carlos Danger said:

BMW makes junk....nice to look at and drive but junk.

Ah no....everything mechanical on my M5 was so far superior to anything domestic it’s ludicrous to even discuss. Now over engineered electronics systems are another story

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Ah no....everything mechanical on my M5 was so far superior to anything domestic it’s ludicrous to even discuss. Now over engineered electronics systems are another story

To complicated and unreliable. The M5 you sold had a terrible service record. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 minutes ago, Carlos Danger said:

I had the same year M5 (2006)as Ben. I probably should have filed for the Lemon law with the amount of issues I had.  Left a permanent bitter taste.

6 minutes ago, Carlos Danger said:

Ahhh....the M5 I sold had almost zero warranty work in the 100k miles of bmw warranty and I sold it at 183k and it was running like a Swiss watch. For fucks sake a GM product would have sounded like a 87 f150 rattling down the road at 180k miles

2 minutes ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

I had the same year M5 (2006)as Ben. I probably should have filed for the Lemon law with the amount of issues I had.  Left a permanent bitter taste.

That really sucks ....I had a good one 

1 hour ago, f7ben said:

That really sucks ....I had a good one 

Yeah my buddy had the same car same year and he got rid of it after all of the dealer visits. It was nice tho and fast as fuck. 

4 hours ago, f7ben said:

dude it was one of the most unreliable modern performance cars of all time.

There's a reason you aren't sharing why you only put 3k on it over the time you had it then dumped it. 

3 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

M2 comp coupe is where it's at. its what the M was 30 years ago.  Small flickable but with real power

Rs3 is a cool little small car as well.  

M2 Comp over the RS3 any day of the week in terms of a true performance car. 

3 hours ago, frenchy said:

dude it was one of the most unreliable modern performance cars of all time.

There's a reason you aren't sharing why you only put 3k on it over the time you had it then dumped it. 

I shared it 100%.....it was a time bomb

• Haha 1

E46 was a great platform. I owned 4 of them. Hated the front suspension, rear was prone to rusting. Coolant system suffered from hard plastic leaks. Couldn't kill them, especially the 3.0 version.

My E93 has for the most part been flawless. I replaced the valve cover gasket, and various regular maintenance items. Runs like a dream, shifts like a new one.

The X5 now has 163k. The 4.4 burns oil cause of valve seals, but it's paid for and I'll keep it till it dies. Did kill a water pump that cost less than one for a Chevy.

Overall, good maintenance seems to do the trick.