FLASHBACK! NO VACCINE BY END OF YEAR... TRUMP LYING

Snake

“I think we’re going to have a vaccine by the end of the year,” he told reporters later in the day.

But experts say that the development, testing and production of a vaccine for the public is still at least 12 to 18 months off, and that anything less would be a medical miracle.

“I think it’s possible you could see a vaccine in people’s arms next year — by the middle or end of next year. But this is unprecedented, so it’s hard to predict,” said Dr. Paul Offit, a professor at the Perelman School of Medicine at the University of Pennsylvania and the director of the Vaccine Education Center at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia.

Offit spent 26 years developing a vaccine for rotavirus, a common and dangerous childhood gastrointestinal illness, before it was approved by the Food and Drug Administration in 2006. He said vaccine development typically takes decades, but that efforts to counter COVID-19 are being fast-tracked by scientists, drug companies and nations — rallied by the World Health Organization — to meet the threat posed by the coronavirus, which has killed hundreds of thousands and decimated economies across the globe.

The coronavirus was first reported by China in late 2019 and spread rapidly. Scientists began work on vaccines early in 2020, and the first U.S. clinical trial began in March.

Dr. Walter Orenstein, a professor at Emory University and the associate director of the Emory Vaccine Center, said a vaccine in less than a year would be “miracle.”

While technically possible, he added, it is unlikely.

“There’s a lot of things that could go wrong,” Orenstein said.

Dr. Stanley Plotkin, credited with inventing a rubella vaccine in 1964, said developing a vaccine in a year to a year and half was “feasible,” but dependent on the efficacy of the vaccines currently in development and on the ability to mass produce them.

“In the best of circumstances, we should have a vaccine — or let's say vaccines — between 12 and 18 months," he said. "Whether those circumstances will be the best or not, we don’t know."

Trump's own top infectious disease expert, Dr. Anthony Fauci, told the "Today" show that January 2021 is the earliest a vaccine could be ready, but cautioned that that timeline is "aspirational" and depends on companies producing a vaccine before researchers are sure it will work.

Pressed on the issue at a Senate hearing on Tuesday, Fauci said again that while he was cautiously optimistic, “there’s no guarantee that the vaccine is actually going to be effective."

Rick Bright, who was ousted last month as deputy assistant secretary of health for preparedness and response, testified at a House hearing Thursday that an accelerated timeline might paint too rosy a picture.

“A lot of optimism is swirling around a 12- to 18-month timeframe, if everything goes perfectly. We’ve never seen everything go perfectly,” Bright said. “I still think 12-18 months is an aggressive schedule, and I think it’s going to take longer than that to do so.”

Bright, an internationally recognized vaccine expert, filed a whistleblower complaint alleging that he was fired for opposing the use of an unproven coronavirus treatment promoted publicly by the president. Trump has called Bright a "disgruntled" employee.

• Gold Member
6 hours ago, Polaris 550 said:

It's amazing how much duress this prick-face subjected America to, for FOUR FUCKING YEARS!!!!!

Trump owns his share of bullshit but the way the never trumpers and the media handled themselves cannot be overlooked or excused. That being said you are about to see the rolls reversed and the Republicans will be crying foul at everything dementia joe does and the Dems will defend and deflect. The cycle of bullshit continues unabated.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Kivalo said:

Trump owns his share of bullshit but the way the never trumpers and the media handled themselves cannot be overlooked or excused. That being said you are about to see the rolls reversed and the Republicans will be crying foul at everything dementia joe does and the Dems will defend and deflect. The cycle of bullshit continues unabated.

Yup, like I've said along...................all of them, CAN NOT SUCK ENOUGH!!!   

At this point I almost don't care about the stock market, and immigration.......................I just want to be rid of this  biblical plague. 

• Gold Member
53 minutes ago, Polaris 550 said:

Yup, like I've said along...................all of them, CAN NOT SUCK ENOUGH!!!   

At this point I almost don't care about the stock market, and immigration.......................I just want to be rid of this  biblical plague. 

This biblical plague is overblown bullshit! The response is designed to numb the public to further governmental control over our lives.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Kivalo said:

This biblical plague is overblown bullshit! The response is designed to numb the public to further governmental control over our lives.

If wearing a mask to help stop a pandemic is what you consider government control, then you got a bigger problem than a mask.

YOUR ENTIRE LIFE IS UNDER GOPVERNMENT CONTROL!!!

You need a license to drive a car

You need a license to run that big boat

You need to pay taxes

You need to register your car

You need to obey M/V laws

You can not drive drunk

You can not hit your boatmates

You can not operate in restricted waters

You must follow Alaskan/International maritime Law

WHY NO COMPLAINTS ABOUT THAT, BUT YOU'RE WHINING ABOUT A SIMPLE MASK????

Why don't you hang with Benny, and get drunk and rail at this tyrannical government????

• Gold Member
3 minutes ago, Polaris 550 said:

If wearing a mask to help stop a pandemic is what you consider government control, then you got a bigger problem than a mask.

YOUR ENTIRE LIFE IS UNDER GOPVERNMENT CONTROL!!!

You need a license to drive a car

You need a license to run that big boat

You need to pay taxes

You need to register your car

You need to obey M/V laws

You can not drive drunk

You can not hit your boatmates

You can not operate in restricted waters

You must follow Alaskan/International maritime Law

WHY NO COMPLAINTS ABOUT THAT, BUT YOU'RE WHINING ABOUT A SIMPLE MASK????

Why don't you hang with Benny, and get drunk and rail at this tyrannical government????

What makes you think I support all that? What makes you think my objection to the government's over-reach is limited to wearing masks?