China beat the coronavirus with science and strong public health measures, not just with authoritarianism

China beat the coronavirus with science and strong public health measures, not just with authoritarianism

Elanah Uretsky, Associate Professor of International and Global Studies, Brandeis University 

I live in a democracy. But as Thanksgiving approaches, I find myself longing for the type of freedom I am seeing in China. 

People in China are able to move around freely right now. Many Americans may believe that the Chinese are able to enjoy this freedom because of China’s authoritarian regime. As a scholar of public health in China, I think the answers go beyond that. 

My research suggests that the control of the virus in China is not the result of authoritarian policy, but of a national prioritization of health. China learned a tough lesson with SARS, the first coronavirus pandemic of the 21st century. 

How China flattened its curve 

Barely less than a year ago, a novel coronavirus emerged in Wuhan, China, with 80,000 cases identified within three months, killing 3,000 people. 

In late January 2020, the Chinese government decided to lock down this city of 11 million people. All transportation to and from the city was stopped. Officials further locked down several other cities in Hubei Province, eventually quarantining over 50 million people. 

By the beginning of April, the Chinese government limited the spread of the virus to the point where they felt comfortable opening up Wuhan once again. 

https://www.yahoo.com/news/china-beat-coronavirus-science-strong-132000845.html
  • Haha 1

• Gold Member

That author has freedoms to this day the exceeding what China has.  He just is pretty stupid to believe reporting out of a government as China as accurate and 2 he is just scared of a cold and chooses to lock himself away rather then get out and enjoy the freedoms offered in the USA.

31 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

That author has freedoms to this day the exceeding what China has.  He just is pretty stupid to believe reporting out of a government as China as accurate and 2 he is just scared of a cold and chooses to lock himself away rather then get out and enjoy the freedoms offered in the USA.

Somebody should quarantine you to your house, with a monitor that they use for parolees and such. 

You're too independent, and need to be controlled. :kneebash:

• Gold Member
11 minutes ago, Polaris 550 said:

Somebody should quarantine you to your house, with a monitor that they use for parolees and such. 

You're too independent, and need to be controlled. :kneebash:

Anybody try to stop me I would cough on them.  

I think the government is preparing to round you high risk individuals up and and put you together in camps to make it easier

1 hour ago, Mainecat said:

China beat the coronavirus with science and strong public health measures, not just with authoritarianism

Elanah Uretsky, Associate Professor of International and Global Studies, Brandeis University 

I live in a democracy. But as Thanksgiving approaches, I find myself longing for the type of freedom I am seeing in China. 

People in China are able to move around freely right now. Many Americans may believe that the Chinese are able to enjoy this freedom because of China’s authoritarian regime. As a scholar of public health in China, I think the answers go beyond that. 

My research suggests that the control of the virus in China is not the result of authoritarian policy, but of a national prioritization of health. China learned a tough lesson with SARS, the first coronavirus pandemic of the 21st century. 

Barely less than a year ago, a novel coronavirus emerged in Wuhan, China, with 80,000 cases identified within three months, killing 3,000 people. 

In late January 2020, the Chinese government decided to lock down this city of 11 million people. All transportation to and from the city was stopped. Officials further locked down several other cities in Hubei Province, eventually quarantining over 50 million people. 

By the beginning of April, the Chinese government limited the spread of the virus to the point where they felt comfortable opening up Wuhan once again. 

The author should move to fucking China...so now the Chinese government are heroes?  Fuck that shit....

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

Anybody try to stop me I would cough on them.  

I think the government is preparing to round you high risk individuals up and and put you together in camps to make it easier

Some guys are being charged with INTENTIONALLY COUGHING on people. Charged with assault. 

I think one in Mass. and one in MidWest. At least two that I know of. 

Just now, pjameven said:

The author should move to fucking China...so now the Chinese government are heroes?  Fuck that shit....

Shameless for any American to post that bullshit propaganda 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

• Gold Member
9 minutes ago, Polaris 550 said:

Some guys are being charged with INTENTIONALLY COUGHING on people. Charged with assault. 

I think one in Mass. and one in MidWest. At least two that I know of. 

CDC is going to move off your estate and put you in a camp with other old and high risk people.  They may move low risk people onto you estate while they put you in a camp/green zone.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/downloads/global-covid-19/Interim-Operational-Considerations-Implementing-Shielding-in-Humanitarian-Settings.pdf

developing severe disease (“high-risk”) and the general population (“low-risk”). High-risk individuals would be temporarily relocated to safe or “green zones” established at the household, neighborhood, camp/sector or community level depending on the context and setting.1,2 They would have minimal contact with family members and other low-risk residents.
Current evidence indicates that older adults and people of any age who have serious underlying medical conditions are at higher risk for severe illness from COVID-19.3 In most humanitarian settings, older population groups make up a small percentage of the total population.4,5 For this reason, the shielding approach suggests physically separating high-risk individuals from the general population to prioritize the use of the limited available resources and avoid implementing long-term containment measures among the general population.

Edited by BOHICA

59 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

CDC is going to move off your estate and put you in a camp with other old and high risk people.  They may move low risk people onto you estate while they put you in a camp/green zone.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/downloads/global-covid-19/Interim-Operational-Considerations-Implementing-Shielding-in-Humanitarian-Settings.pdf

developing severe disease (“high-risk”) and the general population (“low-risk”). High-risk individuals would be temporarily relocated to safe or “green zones” established at the household, neighborhood, camp/sector or community level depending on the context and setting.1,2 They would have minimal contact with family members and other low-risk residents.
Current evidence indicates that older adults and people of any age who have serious underlying medical conditions are at higher risk for severe illness from COVID-19.3 In most humanitarian settings, older population groups make up a small percentage of the total population.4,5 For this reason, the shielding approach suggests physically separating high-risk individuals from the general population to prioritize the use of the limited available resources and avoid implementing long-term containment measures among the general population.

LMAO!!! If they approach Znotty's Farm the only thing anybody is gonna' hear is them screaming for help. " HELP, HELP, we're pinned-down next to a woodpile from a barrage of suppression-fire!! HELP!! HELP!!! " 

ZNOTTY ON THE ROOF, PRAYING FOR WAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!    :lol2::lol2::lol2:

• Gold Member
26 minutes ago, Polaris 550 said:

LMAO!!! If they approach Znotty's Farm the only thing anybody is gonna' hear is them screaming for help. " HELP, HELP, we're pinned-down next to a woodpile from a barrage of suppression-fire!! HELP!! HELP!!! " 

ZNOTTY ON THE ROOF, PRAYING FOR WAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!    :lol2::lol2::lol2:

The police will come and get you and put you in a camp.  The one that are weak and old can be sheltered at schools and such until this covid passes.  It could save your life.  Us young and non weak can keep things going so you have something to come back to after you get out.

12 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

The police will come and get you and put you in a camp.  The one that are weak and old can be sheltered at schools and such until this covid passes.  It could save your life.  Us young and non weak can keep things going so you have something to come back to after you get out.

NO, you're not gettin' my guns and chainsaws!!!!    :mc:

• Gold Member
5 minutes ago, Polaris 550 said:

No, just tell me what ya' got. I'll let you know if its competitive...or not.   

You scared???  You better be.  I got shit up close out to just under a mile and everything in between...

You are my bitch!!!

AADE4077-5E13-4295-A842-99EB0C4F84A2.thumb.jpeg.dac575cb8e0ff56c8d99c6e5ef01a218.jpeg

Edited by BOHICA

4 hours ago, Mainecat said:

I dont get how it spread in China In the first place if masks work ? 

Also the China govenment literally closed off whole city's and killed people attempting to flee . But what ever 

Edited by Ez ryder

• Gold Member
53 minutes ago, Polaris 550 said:

No, just tell me what ya' got. I'll let you know if its competitive...or not.   

Where did you go.  Come back pussy!!!  Show me your shit guns like your shit chainsaws that you have showed.  I’ve just begun to take you to the woodshed for a beating.