Vermont officials: Snowmobilers must follow COVID-19 rules

8 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

I’ve had it.  Extremely rare and essentially unheard of to get it again and able to spread it except for a couple cases of reinfection globally

should I be required to wear a mask, social distance, etc etc and if so why?

My thoughts as well.  I have had it and like you said, the reinfection rate is almost none.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Angry ginger said:

I won't 100% agree with that.  A 2-3 week true shutdown in March may have been justified becasue we did not know.  But the more we learn the better it can be treated and therefore the death rates infintismal.  200k deaths in a  country of 300 million+ is not a big deal and 90% of those would have dies within months anyways.  

As you know I supported that action then with the lack of knowledge we had. We now know this is not a deadly virus at all. 

• Like 1

Just now, racer254 said:

Should I have to mask up if I had it already?  That question never seems to be answered.

Yes cuz you can spread it again and again and again and again. That's the whole point of covering your mouth

2 hours ago, ckf said:

It stated because people continue to ignore social distancing and mask use. We are the ones forcing the shutdown on ourselves. That's a fact! 

I’m very middle of the road over the Corona thing. You’ve got the “it’s just like a cold and only the old might die” attitude vs the shutdown everything people. What I don’t subscribe to anymore is that a large portion aren’t doing their part. I’ve traveled to probably half of the US states during the corona and everywhere I go 98%  of the people are masked up and doing as they should. Yes you have the protests and stupid rallies but I believe most of the country is doing what is asked of them besides locking yourself up in your house. I don’t buy into that 6 feet away and masks are the answer, though I do think we should be following the recommendations. I’ve heard every argument from both sides as we all have. 

My personal thoughts are if you don’t believe any of it may help at all or it’s a big hoax, you are an idiot. Believe we should shut down business and create rules that don’t make common sense. You’re also an idiot. 

Edited by Crowder
Sp
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, f7ben said:

As you know I supported that action then with the lack of knowledge we had. We now know this is not a deadly virus at all. 

Politics is a bigger driver of what is going on now than science IMO.  but the scientist the last decade plus have created some of that themselves.  Combine lack of trust with low IQ retards of both political persuasions and you get what we have now.   

• Like 4

Just now, racer254 said:

Should I have to mask up if I had it already?  That question never seems to be answered.

Absolutely. It might be rare, but still possible to get it again and transmit it. We should all be doing what we can to open the country back up.  Personally my business is way up from this as people are buying art like crazy, but I would like to see the businesses here in town survive too. That's why I am willing to do my part and wear a mask in public.

• Like 4

• Gold Member
4 minutes ago, Tinker said:

Yes cuz you can spread it again and again and again and again. That's the whole point of covering your mouth

There is no widespread peer reviewed proof of that.  On contrary only a couple known global cases of reinfection are known.  

It would go against even the idea and premise of vaccines.

Edited by BOHICA
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, BOHICA said:

There is no widespread peer reviewed proof of that.  On contrary on a couple known global cases of reinfection are known.  

It would go against even the idea and premise of vaccines.

You don't have to be infected to spread the germ, re-infection has nothing to do with it. Simple contact transfer of the germ

• Gold Member
1 minute ago, Tinker said:

You don't have to be infected to spread the germ, re-infection has nothing to do with it. Simple contact transfer of the germ

To spread the virus via respiratory droplets (what a mask try’s to prevent) you have you have to be contagious, to be contagious you have to be infected.  Global in this multi billion population globe their are a couple known cases of reinfection and becoming contagious.  Don’t swim in the ocean cause sharks get more people a year then people that get covid twice on the globe.

Contact transfer like touching a covid surface I think they have come said is not as big worry as it was in the beginning.  But you should still wash your hand.

vaccines must not work I guess in some eyes...

• Platinum Contributing Member

@ckf is owning the fuck out of the stupid on here.  How about you stupid fucks follow health guidelines based on science and not political ignorance?  Realize you fucks live in a society and respect others instead of being so fucking selfish.  I hate the mask - but it’s what we need to do.  I hate not having gatherings with large groups of friends and family - but it’s the right thing to do.  I do the right thing - you fucks spread the virus out of pure willful ignorance and selfishness.  Fuck you!

I’m more public than most - coach, open the weight room 3 days/week, travel, etc but I follow the guidelines - mask, social distance as much as possible, screen kids with temp checks, sanitize equipment, etc.  Most kids are far more responsible than most of you fucks.  Grow the fuck up if you are really concerned about moving past COVID.  The fucking politicization of science from ignorant political leaders most of you worship is why the US is a worldwide joke and our passports are useless.  

Edited by SnowRider
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

36 minutes ago, ckf said:

LOL, you guys want the country to open back up but you're to selfish to do your part. What is bunch of clowns.

I disagree. Never in our history have we isolated the entire population. If you’re sick or vulnerable stay home. If not this isn’t likely to kill you. I’ll wear the mask but I’ve had it with shutdowns.

5 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

@ckf is owning the fuck out of the stupid on here.  How about you stupid fucks follow health guidelines based on science and not political ignorance?  Realize you fucks live in a society and respect others instead of being so fucking selfish.  I hate the mask - but it’s what we need to do.  I hate not having gatherings with large groups of fields and family - but it’s the right thing to do.  I do the right thing - you fucks spread the virus out of pure willful ignorance and selfishness.  Fuck you!

I’m more public than most - coach, open the weight room 3 days/week, travel, etc but I follow the guidelines - mask, social distance as much as possible, screen kids with temp checks, sanitize equipment, etc.  Most kids are far more responsible than most of you fucks.  Grow the fuck up if you are really concerned about moving past COVID.  The fucking politicization of science from ignorant political leaders most of you worship is why the US is a worldwide joke and our passports are useless.  

You are one dumb cocksucker....that is universally accepted as truth 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

I was a  bit of a germaphobe before all this but come on.......This shit will never end.  You want me to wear a mask to come in your store or a public building fine. Beyond that...???

Just now, f7ben said:

You are one dumb cocksucker....that is universally accepted as truth 

Doctor Benny says what :lmao: Dude - stick to flipping junk and leave healthcare responses to the professionals :thumbsup:

11 minutes ago, Edmo said:

I disagree. Never in our history have we isolated the entire population. If you’re sick or vulnerable stay home. If not this isn’t likely to kill you. I’ll wear the mask but I’ve had it with shutdowns.

All I'm saying is that we should all follow the guidelines so that we don't have to shutdown.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ckf said:

All I'm saying is that we should all follow the guidelines so that we don't have to shutdown.

shutdowns don't work.  there is no magic bullet we only need to look at all the different policies put in place by the different countries to understand that.  

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, ckf said:

What if those guidelines say you can't allow anyone from outside your household into your home?  That's the reality in MN right now.  That's through December 17th but I'm sure will be extended through Christmas and New Years.

We are still having Thanksgiving and Christmas at my place.  Those who don't want to come can stay home.  We will have a good time regardless.

1 minute ago, BOHICA said:

Having kids in school is the sole cause of our surge.  

:lol:

that is one of the places IMO that the government has completely fucked up.  Kids should be in school, instead they are being taught by parents without a clue who are trying to work and on video and none of them are learning well in the new teaching environment.  I would not want my wife to teach my kids all their subject yet she is responsible for 2-4 kids a day home learning so their parents can work.  

• Like 2

Everyone should just get it and be done with it, I've had it, wife too, many others we know had it only 1 person we know had it bad but he's old, overweight bigtime and has many other health issues. It was NO big deal when we had it and I'm 73 years old.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, teamgreen02 said:

What if those guidelines say you can't allow anyone from outside your household into your home?  That's the reality in MN right now.  That's through December 17th but I'm sure will be extended through Christmas and New Years.

We are still having Thanksgiving and Christmas at my place.  Those who don't want to come can stay home.  We will have a good time regardless.

We are under the same order here in VT. Nicole's parents will be coming for Thanksgiving, but the rest of the family are not invited. We have had her parents in our"pod" from the beginning and will continue. IMO every family needs to evaluate their families circumstances and make the best decision that they can for the holidays.

2 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

Everyone should just get it and be done with it, I've had it, wife too, many others we know had it only 1 person we know had it bad but he's old, overweight bigtime and has many other health issues. It was NO big deal when we had it and I'm 73 years old.

LOL, just because it wasn't a big deal for you doesn't mean that it wouldn't be a big deal for me.