Vermont officials: Snowmobilers must follow COVID-19 rules

Vermont officials: Snowmobilers must follow COVID-19 rules

BURLINGTON (AP) - Snowmobilers can still enjoy the sport in Vermont this winter amid the coronavirus pandemic as long as they abide by the governor’s emergency orders.

The Vermont Association of Snow Travelers announced this week that out-of-staters can come to Vermont and snowmobile if they quarantine for 14 days in their second home or rented home in Vermont.

They can also quarantine for seven days and then get a negative COVID-19 test report.

This winter, riders must also stay in their family groups, follow social distancing and wear masks whenever they take off their helmets.

https://www.wcax.com/2020/11/23/vermont-officials-snowmobilers-must-follow-covid-19-rules/

The VAST, the VT snowmobile association, is telling riders from out of state that they can still come, but must bring everything with them and only use self service pumps to fuel up.

We'll see what the season brings, but by seeing all of the holiday travelers at the airports this week, everything might be shut down by Xmas  :dunno:

5 minutes ago, ckf said:

The VAST, the VT snowmobile association, is telling riders from out of state that they can still come, but must bring everything with them and only use self service pumps to fuel up.

We'll see what the season brings, but by seeing all of the holiday travelers at the airports this week, everything might be shut down by Xmas  :dunno:

Not hard to stop this, but they don't want to close down those beloved airlines.   Are cruises still back on?

1 minute ago, racer254 said:

Not hard to stop this, but they don't want to close down those beloved airlines.   Are cruises still back on?

I think they are looking for test passengers to try out their new C-19 protocols.

• Gold Member

This is where it starts....  now the bar has been set and governors will need to one up each other and stupidity...  as cases exploded in January and embolden governors with a new admin coming in, snowmobile season will look pretty bleak.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

This is where it starts....  now the bar has been set and governors will need to one up each other and stupidity...  as cases exploded in January and embolden governors with a new admin coming in, snowmobile season will look pretty bleak.

It stated because people continue to ignore social distancing and mask use. We are the ones forcing the shutdown on ourselves. That's a fact! 

• Like 1

Just now, ckf said:

It stated because people continue to ignore social distancing and mask use. We are the ones forcing the shutdown on ourselves. That's a fact! 

Why the fuck would we do anything different over this cold vs others?

• Gold Member
1 minute ago, ckf said:

I’ve had it.  Extremely rare and essentially unheard of to get it again and able to spread it except for a couple cases of reinfection globally

should I be required to wear a mask, social distance, etc etc and if so why?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Don't you watch the news? People are dying! It's catastrophic!

Be scared. Very scared...

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Whatever Ben, it's not like you are going to care if you were the cause of someone dieing. Fuck it, I hey are old anyway.

Was watching an event on youtube.  Few thousand people jammed shoulder to shoulder without a mask to be seen.   He had to address it and  had to shut off comments because of all the people bashing him but I think his point of it being personal choice does have merit.  Personally i have no issue with masks being required but i think the economy needs to be fully open with people picking their comfort levels.  If hospital capacity and deaths rise beyond certain levels more restrictions can come into place but FL is about as open as any state and i don't see the numbers there out fo control.  

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ckf said:

Whatever Ben, it's not like you are going to care if you were the cause of someone dieing. Fuck it, I hey are old anyway.

I’m all for old people staying the fuck home .....I’m not all for destroying people’s lives and livelihoods over what amounts to the sniffles.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Just now, ckf said:

LOL, you guys want the country to open back up but you're to selfish to do your part. What is bunch of clowns.

It never should have been shut down over this overblown scam....simple as that

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, ckf said:

TBH it's up to those at risk to protect themselves more than anyone elses to protect them.   Masks are IMO a common sense item at this point when in close proximity to others but I am certainly not wearing one around my family or those i am with regularly.    We are ignoring the mask mandate out into place here at work as we have been together 8 months now but when clients come in we mask up.  

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

It never should have been shut down over this overblown scam....simple as that

I won't 100% agree with that.  A 2-3 week true shutdown in March may have been justified becasue we did not know.  But the more we learn the better it can be treated and therefore the death rates infintismal.  200k deaths in a  country of 300 million+ is not a big deal and 90% of those would have dies within months anyways.  

• Like 2

Our neighbor deer shack had 7 positive tests among their members from opening weekend. Also one guys wife tested positive. Couple of the guys were in their 60s. Nobody had any symptoms aside from loss of taste and the one guys wife had a really low grade fever for a day

The shit is a fucking joke.

We let them all hang out at our shack 11 days after their positive test. Nobody gave a fuck. 

• Like 1