Official 2020/2021 Snowmobile Season

Tomas.

16 hours ago, awful knawful said:

True story.

Never ends

Just picked up a new sled. My list of what I want isn’t even very long but it’s a grand easy. 😮

Edited by Edmo

On 12/2/2020 at 9:27 PM, racinfarmer said:

Someone just posted this one up for sale.

Who is going to buy it?

128619685_424978115177256_3866453307294809188_n.jpg?_nc_cat=101&ccb=2&_nc_sid=b9115d&_nc_ohc=9q2-UqWg2jsAX_CdJ3M&_nc_ht=scontent-msp1-1.xx&oh=c1b32abef0ef142b560099c0ec5a6ad5&oe=5FEE25EB

Sold one of mine a while back and my latest one will be gone soon I think.  Not sure what I'm in for next.  I was sure excited to build my latest one but it all got away from me so....it still just sits in race form.

6 hours ago, Zambroski said:

Sold one of mine a while back and my latest one will be gone soon I think.  Not sure what I'm in for next.  I was sure excited to build my latest one but it all got away from me so....it still just sits in race form.

Unless you are lake racing or running the Soo, this sled isn't for you.

2 hours ago, awful knawful said:

What was that a bombardier? Moves out for a single. Looks like fun!

I'm not sure.  I'd guess maybe Scorpion?  

I know Cat, Yamaha, Sno-Jet, and Scorpion make up probably 90% of the one lungers people race, if not more.  Cat and Yamaha are the most popular.  

On 12/4/2020 at 10:00 PM, racinfarmer said:

Maybe I'll make time to do some of this this winter.  Wish I hadn't sold the 250 Enticer...

That looked like a blast.  How fast do you think that guy was going on that old one lungah....seemed like she had some pretty good legs  :lol: 

49 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

That looked like a blast.  How fast do you think that guy was going on that old one lungah....seemed like she had some pretty good legs  :lol: 

There is on guy on a Yamaha GP292 that can get his to consistently run 70mph down long stretches on ice.  

I'd guess most of them are 45-55mph sleds at best.

Not sure on the Enticer 250's.

I'm working on getting mine buttoned up for this winter.  Plan to do a 100 miler and a trail race with it, if the driver can survive and the booze didn't affect the sled build quality too much.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

There is on guy on a Yamaha GP292 that can get his to consistently run 70mph down long stretches on ice.  

I'd guess most of them are 45-55mph sleds at best.

Not sure on the Enticer 250's.

I'm working on getting mine buttoned up for this winter.  Plan to do a 100 miler and a trail race with it, if the driver can survive and the booze didn't affect the sled build quality too much.

Was that you?  The motor on that thing sounded like the Revs just kept climbing.  I had an old Polaris that was like that.  70 on one of those old one lungers is friggin hauling.  That was perfect conditions for a TNT 640 back in the day.  :bc: 

Edited by DriftBusta

5 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Was that you?  The motor on that thing sounded like the Revs just kept climbing.  I had an old Polaris that was like that.  70 on one of those old one lungers is friggin hauling.  That was perfect conditions for a TNT 640 back in the day.  :bc: 

Nope.  Mine has been an ongoing, never raced project.  I get it buttoned up, can't make a race, then start tearing it apart for whatever reason.  Repeat for the last 4 or 5 years. 

This year I'll have a lot more time to get out and do a couple of these races.  

My friend and I did have a Lynx 292 all set up to race and got in a pissing match with the tech crew.  We were told to not come back until our attitude improved, which they didn't think was going to happen, so they said to not bother coming back. 

Not our fault we built a sled that found every loophole in their rule book...  :bc:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

Nope.  Mine has been an ongoing, never raced project.  I get it buttoned up, can't make a race, then start tearing it apart for whatever reason.  Repeat for the last 4 or 5 years. 

This year I'll have a lot more time to get out and do a couple of these races.  

My friend and I did have a Lynx 292 all set up to race and got in a pissing match with the tech crew.  We were told to not come back until our attitude improved, which they didn't think was going to happen, so they said to not bother coming back. 

Not our fault we built a sled that found every loophole in their rule book...  :bc:

oh jeeze, sounds like racing politics.  :lol:  :bc: 

Sold my 19 SX last night.  I'm now sled-less for the first time in a decade!  This feels so empty...but it's only temporary.  I'll prolly look to grab something at the end of this season.

Funny side:  the kid that bought my 17 SX called me and asked me if I wanted it back.....said it was too much for him.  :lol: I tried to tell him but....."it's only a little 600"  :lmao:

54 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Sold my 19 SX last night.  I'm now sled-less for the first time in a decade!  This feels so empty...but it's only temporary.  I'll prolly look to grab something at the end of this season.

Funny side:  the kid that bought my 17 SX called me and asked me if I wanted it back.....said it was too much for him.  :lol: I tried to tell him but....."it's only a little 600"  :lmao:

What do you think about building an 800RR?  Rather than try to get the race sled into a reasonable trail form, start with a trail friendly sled and put some of the race bits back on.

Gear down, snox track, 2 double backers per bar, and a proper set of skis.

20 minutes ago, teamgreen02 said:

What do you think about building an 800RR?  Rather than try to get the race sled into a reasonable trail form, start with a trail friendly sled and put some of the race bits back on.

Gear down, snox track, 2 double backers per bar, and a proper set of skis.

I did that on my 800rr pretty much.  It's actually better/easier/cheaper for me to start with a SXer and add the 800, clutch and tune from there.  I almost did that this year...or considered it.  The 18 roller SX would be a direct fit with the 800ctec.

How you been?  Heard you guys have been busy this summer.  :bc: