Official 2020/2021 Snowmobile Season

Tomas.

40 minutes ago, Tomas. said:

Is this a weight issue, spring issue, or bring it to someone else issue lol.

Best guess is it is not able to pull the steeper ramp in the secondary helix with the combo of weights and springs you have. If you have the stock helix put it in and see what happens.

11 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Yeah something isn't right there for sure.  Who rebuilt those clutches?

........ I did........ Lmao

Well I pulled the cover off the primary. I changed the spring and weights and cleaned everything I could as I don't have the tools or know-how to go further. On the secondary I had it all apart, changed the spring and added the washers, cleaned everything and reassembled.

It has the stock helix as far as I know. They only things that are not factory are the primary spring (went from a 130/340 to a 150/340) and the weights. The factory spec weights are 66g weights for 0-2000ft. When I got the sled it was running 62g weights so that's what I put in it when I changed them.

1 hour ago, Big Crappie said:

Haven't in many years but I really enjoyed it. Great scenery.

2 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Just on a motorcycle, never a sled.

Like I said, thinking about heading over this winter.  Our old neighbor's have a ranch by Sturgis we could maybe crash at and trailer down to a trailhead somewhere in the Lead area.

Or maybe find a trailside lodge.  350ish miles of trails is what is on the maps, that'd be fun for a long weekend.  

500 miles one way to Lead or 400 miles one way to Houghton.  SD might win this year.

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, Edmo said:

Storm 150 for your trail sled? Nice!

Yep had to try it. Not sure how long the Triggers will last for but should be some good traction for where I usually ride

26 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

Yep had to try it. Not sure how long the Triggers will last for but should be some good traction for where I usually ride

The new poo I bought has the same track. My friends have been warned. These paddle type tracks can throw some chunks in the right conditions. :lol: 

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, Edmo said:

The new poo I bought has the same track. My friends have been warned. These paddle type tracks can throw some chunks in the right conditions. :lol: 

If they’re too close behind they’ll learn their lesson real quick. This should be a nice improvement from the beat up stock track I’ve been using.