Kessel

2strokemerc

https://medium.com/sportspickle/phil-kessel-places-full-page-ad-in-toronto-star-thanking-toronto-fans-for-driving-him-out-of-town-74b0021f092#.w9ltsu796

TORONTO — Former Maple Leafs winger and current Stanley Cup champion Phil Kessel today placed a full-page ad in the sports section of the Toronto Star, thanking Maple Leafs fans for their impact on his NHL career.

To funny, but about par for the course for those that leave the Leafs :lol:

And if this is true, how classy....although possibly explains the weight gain!

Kessel also sent $50,000 to the hot dog vendor he used to frequent in Toronto at the corner of Front and John Streets. The gift was anonymous, but the vendor said it came with a note that read: “From a big fan and Stanley Cup champion.”

“I don’t know who else it could be from,” said the vendor. “Obviously there are no Stanley Cup champions here in Toronto. Phil may have a bigger waistline than most hockey players, but he has an even bigger heart. I’m happy for him and I miss seeing his face every day and sometimes twice a day.”

11 hours ago, Stoney said:

To funny, but about par for the course for those that leave the Leafs :lol:

And if this is true, how classy....although possibly explains the weight gain!

Kessel also sent $50,000 to the hot dog vendor he used to frequent in Toronto at the corner of Front and John Streets. The gift was anonymous, but the vendor said it came with a note that read: “From a big fan and Stanley Cup champion.”

“I don’t know who else it could be from,” said the vendor. “Obviously there are no Stanley Cup champions here in Toronto. Phil may have a bigger waistline than most hockey players, but he has an even bigger heart. I’m happy for him and I miss seeing his face every day and sometimes twice a day.”

That's at the link :nuts: Did you open the link?