Iphone 12 mini.

1 minute ago, ckf said:

We ended up giving Nicole's 3aXL to her dad and got her the 4a. She is much happier with the smaller phone.

I’ve still got the iPhone 10. It’s working great and almost 3 years old. The mini is tempting, but I’ll hold off awhile. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, f7ben said:

The xs I have had for a year is the perfect size.

Good phone. My niece has one and it’s the only phone that’s ever lasted her more than a year. New phones are as lot tougher than they used to be. 

4 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Good phone. My niece has one and it’s the only phone that’s ever lasted her more than a year. New phones are as lot tougher than they used to be. 

I just broke the screen on this one. Actually my dad did but whatever. It’s taken countless direct drops but he shot it out of the truck on a stack of papers and it hit the parking lot hard and cracked. I ordered a new oem oled display 

51 minutes ago, ckf said:

We ended up giving Nicole's 3aXL to her dad and got her the 4a. She is much happier with the smaller phone.

i have a 4a 5G showing up here today that I got because the 3aXL is slightly too small for me.  Hard to refocus from phone to computer even with my new progressive lenses I have for computer work.    I'd have gone with the 5 but the screens the same size as what i have now.  I considered apple once again but can't do the OS even though the hardware is by far the best.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

i have a 4a 5G showing up here today that I got because the 3aXL is slightly too small for me.  Hard to refocus from phone to computer even with my new progressive lenses I have for computer work.    I'd have gone with the 5 but the screens the same size as what i have now.  I considered apple once again but can't do the OS even though the hardware is by far the best.  

I like a bigger phone myself. My 4xl is just about the right size for me. As long as google continues to put a decent camera in their phones, I don't see myself ever going back to Samsung. 

• Platinum Contributing Member

Don't mind the big phones.  I have a S20 Ultra.  I use it on my Sidewinder as a gauge.  

Edited by Highmark

34 minutes ago, ckf said:

I like a bigger phone myself. My 4xl is just about the right size for me. As long as google continues to put a decent camera in their phones, I don't see myself ever going back to Samsung. 

I wish Google would truly come out with an impressive piece of hardware.  coworkers 12 max pro is beauiful

34 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

I wish Google would truly come out with an impressive piece of hardware.  coworkers 12 max pro is beauiful

I'm to cheap to spend $1500 on a phone. I'd rather spend it on camera gear, lol.  I might even pickup a DJI Mavic Air 2 as a second drone. I don't usually take my Phantom 4 unless I plan to use it. A small portable drone would be perfect to throw in my camera bag. 

1 minute ago, ckf said:

I'm to cheap to spend $1500 on a phone. I'd rather spend it on camera gear, lol.  I might even pickup a DJI Mavic Air 2 as a second drone. I don't usually take my Phantom 4 unless I plan to use it. A small portable drone would be perfect to throw in my camera bag. 

i probably am as well but i'd like the option.   i'm 4 years on a google phone and don't see going back to Samsung.   this one cost me $350 which has been my sweet spot for awhile-  i was buying refurb Samsung's before that.   Wife and kids all have iphone XR's but only 1 i paid full price for.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, spin_dry said:

I’ve still got the iPhone 10. It’s working great and almost 3 years old. The mini is tempting, but I’ll hold off awhile. 

I have a XS which I think is the same size as a 10. I dont think the regular 12 is really any bigger physically then the XS. 

Either way, I in the apple ecosystem now. Ive had mine almost 2 years. Time to move onto the 12. I dont want a huge phone like the Max, but dont want the mini either, so regular it is.

1 hour ago, ckf said:

What are using for a camera? I’m still rolling with the Olympus EM-5. It’s starting to show it’s age, but I’m really comfortable with it. I need a couple new prime lenses if I’m going to keep it. So I have to either commit to another 2 years or move into something different. Lenses have become frightfully expensive over the last few years. 

Edited by spin_dry

31 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

What are using for a camera? I’m still rolling with the Olympus EM-5. It’s starting to show it’s age, but I’m really comfortable with it. I need a couple new prime lenses if I’m going to keep it. So I have to either commit to another 2 years or move into something different. Lenses have become frightfully expensive over the last few years. 

I'm back with Canon with a 77D body. I'm just comfortable with their dials and menus. You are kind of in a tough spot with Oly and micro 4/3 with Panasonic developing full frame mirror less. How much longer will they stay with the 4/3 format? Didn't Oly sell their camera division?

I'd look at Sony or Canons new mirror less if you are looking to switch.

On 11/19/2020 at 12:12 PM, ckf said:

I'm back with Canon with a 77D body. I'm just comfortable with their dials and menus. You are kind of in a tough spot with Oly and micro 4/3 with Panasonic developing full frame mirror less. How much longer will they stay with the 4/3 format? Didn't Oly sell their camera division?

I'd look at Sony or Canons new mirror less if you are looking to switch.

I’m not sure what the status of Olympus the company is at this point. I’ll stick with it a few more years unless it croaks. I lost a lens to some type of electronic failure last year. It wasn’t a super expensive lens, but it did leave a hole. There’s still a big following of 4/3 folks out there so I imagine it’ll stick around awhile. I really to sink some time back into the craft this winter. I haven’t touched for anything other than family get togethers fir over a year. 

• Like 1

• Gold Member

Couple months ago I got the new SE.  right size for me with the home button still on the bottom of the phone.  Plus it cheap....  Like $399 before trade in I think it was.

Edited by BOHICA
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, spin_dry said:

I’m not sure what the status of Olympus the company is at this point. I’ll stick with it a few more years unless it croaks. I lost a lens to some type of electronic failure last year. It wasn’t a super expensive lens, but it did leave a hole. There’s still a big following of 4/3 folks out there so I imagine it’ll stick around awhile. I really to sink some time back into the craft this winter. I haven’t touched for anything other than family get togethers fir over a year. 

I was the same way until I got a new body last fall. I bought the new 77D and have been having a ball. The newer sensors have much cleaner files at higher iso levels. Treat yourself to a new body, and replace that lens hole that you are missing. Between the two it might spark your interest again :thumb:

• Platinum Contributing Member
On 11/19/2020 at 1:29 PM, Crowder said:

I was considering the 12 mini. I hate big phones. Might go with the 11 pro after I double check size.  Phone company told me to wait a week or so and there should be some good black Friday sales coming out

My 11 Pro has been great so far and the size is good.👍🏼

this new Pixel 4a 5G i got is weird.   Smaller than the 3aXL but because it's bezels are smaller the screens bigger.   I actually would have liked the phone itself slightly larger in my hand like my note was. 

Edited by Angry ginger