And just like that, Michigan is back

Snake

n an extraordinary turnabout that foreshadows possible legal action, the two GOP members of Wayne County's election board signed affidavits Wednesday night alleging they were bullied and misled into approving election results in Michigan's largest metropolis and do not believe the votes should be certified until serious irregularities in Detroit votes are resolved.

The statements by Wayne County Board of Canvassers Chairwoman Monica Palmer and fellow GOP member William C. Hartmann rescinding their votes from a day earlier threw into question anew whether Michigan's presidential vote currently favoring Democrat Joe Biden will be certified. They also signaled a possible legal confrontation ahead.

"I voted not to certify, and I still believe this vote should not be certified," Hartmann said in his affidavits. "Until these questions are addressed, I remain opposed to certification of the Wayne County results."

Added Palmer in her affidavit: "I rescind my prior vote to certify Wayne County elections."

Both GOP board members said their concerns included discrepancies in nearly three quarters of Detroit's precinct poll books where ballots are supposed to be matched to qualified voters.

"The Wayne County election had serious process flaws which deserve investigation. I continue to ask for information to assure Wayne County voters that these elections were conducted fairly and accurately. Despite repeated requests I have not received the requisite information and believe an additional 10 days of canvas by the State Board of canvassers will help provide the information necessary," Palmer explained.

Their pronouncements come just 24 hours after a chaotic meeting in which the county's election board initially failed to certify the Nov. 3 election results during a 2-2 deadlocked vote when both Palmer and Hartmann voted against certification. But after hours of contentious public comment and criticism -- including Democratic allegations of racism and threats against their safety -- the two GOP members struck a deal to certify the elections in return for a promise of a thorough audit.

Palmer and Hartmann said Wednesday they learned that state officials had reneged or would not honor the audit, leaving them no recourse but to oppose certification until more investigation could be performed.

It was not immediately clear whether the Tuesday night compromise was binding or could be changed, or whether the two members' decision to announce their rescinded votes would stop Michigan state officials from proceeding to name electors.

But both GOP board members said in the affidavits they felt misled and unduly pressured to change their positions the night earlier.

"The comments made accusations of racism and threatened me and members of my family," Palmer said in her affidavit.

The board members' actions were immediately hailed by Phill Kline, head of the conservative-leaning Thomas More Society's Amistad Project, which has been contesting election irregularities in several key battleground states like Michigan.

"I'm pleased Mr. Hartmann and Ms. Palmer reiterated their opposition to the certification of the Wayne County results despite bullying and threats and in the face of broken promises by Michigan's Secretary of State," Kline told Just the News. "Mr. Hartman is properly demanding answers from Wayne County election officials."

You can read their affidavits here.

https://justthenews.com/politics-policy/elections/wayne-county-election-board-republicans-say-they-were-bullied-rescind?utm_source=breaking-newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=newsletter

• Like 1

It was one of the most stunning cases of public  racism, intimidation, thuggery,  i have ever seen. The mayor, secretary of state, governor, NAACP leaders, media, all took part in threatening these people.

Only two things could of happened.  either they flat out lied the first time or they were threatened and intimated into changing their vote.  The media actually put a director of the NAACP on camera as he called for the military to go to the whitehouse and remove a sitting president. Just by threatening people with racism we can now circumvent any process or laws put into place. 

• Platinum Contributing Member

This is it!!!!! Release The Kraken!!!!! Get Rudy on the horn ASAP!!!!

FFS it’s over and all that will happen from here on out is more destruction of democracy all because the Orange Baby can’t deal with losing and BTW at this point he has basically abdicated his responsibilities as President so fuck ‘em.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

This is it!!!!! Release The Kraken!!!!! Get Rudy on the horn ASAP!!!!

FFS it’s over and all that will happen from here on out is more destruction of democracy all because the Orange Baby can’t deal with losing and BTW at this point he has basically abdicated his responsibilities as President so fuck ‘em.

Jesus as if that horse hasn't been kicked to death.  You spew the narratives so well Jim.  Quick, back to Huffpo!  :lol:  

2 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Jesus as if that horse hasn't been kicked to death.  You spew the narratives so well Jim.  Quick, back to Huffpo!  :lol:  

Speaking of narratives tell me more about The Kraken and Sidney Powell.🤣

2 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Hey I just repeated what she said.  I'm waiting for them too Nancy.  :lol: 

It’s going to be a long wait Bald Karen but Trump appreciates your efforts.🤣

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

17 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Is stuffing the ballot box tampering? 

When two election officials in Wayne County, Michigan briefly refused to certify the election results last night, it was never going anywhere one way or the other. The state had already confirmed that it would step in and certify the results if necessary. The question was why these two officials were willing to carry out this stunt, considering 1) it had no chance of working, and 2) it was going to turn them into pariahs.

21 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

When two election officials in Wayne County, Michigan briefly refused to certify the election results last night, it was never going anywhere one way or the other. The state had already confirmed that it would step in and certify the results if necessary. The question was why these two officials were willing to carry out this stunt, considering 1) it had no chance of working, and 2) it was going to turn them into pariahs.

So the election officials and their children should be threatened? 

3 minutes ago, Carlos Danger said:

So the election officials and their children should be threatened? 

All OK in MC's world. Orange man bad though. :crazy:

51 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

MI and especially Detroit is on the up and up 100%

:lol: :suicide:

Watching Dugan and others  up there propping up Detroit as the most competent city in county was hysterical. 
The assholes were just on tv a couple of weeks ago wanting a re-do on the census, because they fucked it up so badly.  Over 60% of residents couldn’t be bothered with 7 questions , for the city’s free money, but they all voted for Biden!!!!

44 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

I am speechless.   I just don’t understand how you get to this point. 

53 minutes ago, Cold War said:

Watching Dugan and others  up there propping up Detroit as the most competent city in county was hysterical. 
The assholes were just on tv a couple of weeks ago wanting a re-do on the census, because they fucked it up so badly.  Over 60% of residents couldn’t be bothered with 7 questions , for the city’s free money, but they all voted for Biden!!!!

People are right when they call Detroit a shithole. The people managing it make it that way. Always have for a long time now  :flush: 

Like "Count Day" for the inner schools. Get your free shit just to show up for one day!