Sled Topic/Question

7 minutes ago, Crowder said:

I agree. It’s definitely not the best seating for tall people vs the latest sleds, but unless you’re some tall freak of nature, it’s still not that bad or even uncomfortable unless you’re a pussy. Just my opinion. Nowhere near bad enough to not buy one. I know plenty of really tall guys riding them as their choice. 

I still like the foot well foot position better in the cats than my 850 summit if sitting down. 

And I am 6ft 190 

Edited by Ez ryder

33 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

They do nothing great compromise on every level buy a long track and a trail sled crossovers are nothing more than a fucking minivan 

Especially the fuckig assault worthless to attempt to hold a side hill in the softest straight work out attempting to ride it in deep snow constantly have to fucking jump from side to side to make it do what you want .

Only "crossover " i would think about would be a 144 voyager and that only comes in a 550 or 600 so thats out . If it came in a 650 or 8 I would prob pick one up 

Oh bullshit. If you can't hold a sidehill on an Assault(or any Polaris for that matter), then you can't fucking ride. They sidehill easy and they go thru the deep snow easy. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

Yep many many times when ridding with guys who I get sick of pulling out so I give them mine for a bit. And yes have spent as much time on one as I want on a trail . It is fine but not near as good as say a 129 not even close but we are not talking rail bed I am talking tight twisty trail .

Hell I can keep pace with most on my long tracks but I am working my ass off to do it . So yes it can be done but again they and this is all crossovers not just your assault are a compromise at everything they do. Just they way it is . If you can't see that I don't know what to tell you.  

Funny thing, one of my riding buds rides a 2020 xcr and rides like a maniac. He and I rode with 2 cats last year a 129 and a 137. We lost those 2 fools more than a couple times. Had to stop and have a beer and a smoke to wait for them. So I dont know wtf you are talking about especially since I came off of a 120" and a 137" skidoos and the assault out handles both of them or I wouldnt have bought another poo. 

3 minutes ago, SSFB said:

Oh bullshit. If you can't hold a sidehill on an Assault(or any Polaris for that matter), then you can't fucking ride. They sidehill easy and they go thru the deep snow easy. 

They go thru the deep snow better than anything else I have ridden. 

The Assault is WAY better than older crossovers on and off trail. I understand the compromise statement but they always are. I’m more than happy 90% of the time. I love the playfulness of the Assault. If I get smoked in a corner by a Matrix, so be it. Don’t really care  these days. You beat my 146 with a shorty in the corner. Yippie you’re awesome. Lol! I’m fine with the trade off. 

• Platinum Contributing Member

@Ez ryder  are you still riding out west?  

That’s all I’m doing now and there are no crossovers where we ride :thumb:  In fact very few 154’s - almost all 163/165’s.  As you know a longer track not only enables one to go further and deeper but to also ride slower and with more control.  I’m a little torn lug height but I think I prefer the 2.5” over the 3.0”.....a tad more track speed but snow conditions also play a major role. 

26 minutes ago, Crowder said:

The Assault is WAY better than older crossovers on and off trail. I understand the compromise statement but they always are. I’m more than happy 90% of the time. I love the playfulness of the Assault. If I get smoked in a corner by a Matrix, so be it. Don’t really care  these days. You beat my 146 with a shorty in the corner. Yippie you’re awesome. Lol! I’m fine with the trade off. 

If you are trail riding the assault you have to make some adjustments. I pulled the limiter in until the 2 ends were about an inch apart, I had to drill a new hole. I had to because it was a fucking wheelie machine with the limiter out. Great off trail but kinda scary riding tight twisty trails. Its pretty awesome at just about everything now. 

2 hours ago, SSFB said:

You have to work at it you can't just counter steer and lean . And once there it is not even remotely knif like like a rmk . I have not been on a matrix assault but I assume they have the same stance so they are still a trail sled with a 1/2 ass deep snow track 

2 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

You have to work at it you can't just counter steer and lean . And once there it is not even remotely knif like like a rmk . I have not been on a matrix assault but I assume they have the same stance so they are still a trail sled with a 1/2 ass deep snow track 

Well of course because it's not an RMK. They're a good crossover sled and by their very definition they won't rail like a shorty or shred powder like a RMK but that doesn't make them bad. 

Just now, SSFB said:

Well of course because it's not an RMK. They're a good crossover sled and by their very definition they won't rail like a shorty or shred powder like a RMK but that doesn't make them bad. 

Like I have said for yrs a compromise and adequate at everything great  at nothing 

3 hours ago, Anler said:

Jimmy if you are considering buying a riot might I suggest a switchback assault instead? It's the one that skidoo backcountry and riot have been trying to emulate for 4 years now but haven't quite made it..  :news:

I agree 

5 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

2020 Arctic Cat Riot 800.....decent sled or Textron parts bin special...go! 

How much are you spending? There are a lot of 850 assaults out there

5 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

2020 Arctic Cat Riot 800.....decent sled or Textron parts bin special...

4 minutes ago, jtssrx said:

The dealers have lost their minds

But they are getting it . All the power to them they have been getting fucked for a decade on sleds it is about time they get a turn at the glory hole.  Wont last but will he at least 2 yrs till the holdover are overflowing again . 

35 minutes ago, SSFB said:

An assault 144 with a 1.365 cobra is an absolute trail weapon. I’d say as good as an xcr or better in all but the nastiest whooped out trash

17 minutes ago, f7ben said:

An assault 144 with a 1.365 cobra is an absolute trail weapon. I’d say as good as an xcr or better in all but the nastiest whooped out trash

I have a cobra 1.6 and it shreds. I don't know wtf this guy's is talking about. 

Just now, f7ben said:

I find it scrubs too much too end for any small benefit it gives in the powder 

Meh I'm not a top end rider. It goes good enough, that sled with that track top ended vince's procross and dan's pro s and xcr switchback. 

Just now, Anler said:

Meh I'm not a top end rider. It goes good enough, that sled with that track top ended vince's procross and dan's pro s and xcr switchback. 

It would have been 3-4mph faster with the 1.352 and it would have pulled harder from 60-70 through the top

So it’s a good thing you were running the 1.6 or those guys would have all blown their fucking heads off