Sled Topic/Question

3 minutes ago, f7ben said:

It would have been 3-4mph faster with the 1.352 and it would have pulled harder from 60-70 through the top

So it’s a good thing you were running the 1.6 or those guys would have all blown their fucking heads off

I can make a small mod and gain 3-5 mph without changing the track. And if I wanted to I could just throw a 1" hacksaw, slam it, pipe and head and go one hundy and eleventy! 

But that's too gay. 

20 minutes ago, Anler said:

I have a cobra 1.6 and it shreds. I don't know wtf this guy's is talking about. 

I think he's talking about out west bottomless powder. Yeah the assault probably sucks there. But nobody rides them out there. They are all UP and east coast riders. I haven't ridden one, but Im assuming they work just fine for those areas. 

13 minutes ago, Anler said:

I can make a small mod and gain 3-5 mph without changing the track. And if I wanted to I could just throw a 1" hacksaw, slam it, pipe and head and go one hundy and eleventy! 

But that's too gay. 

Or you could just put a 1.35 cobra on and have a much better performing machine!!!

faggot!!!

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

Or you could just put a 1.35 cobra on and have a much better performing machine!!!

faggot!!!

It already performs awesome! Better than 95% of all other machines!

1 minute ago, Anler said:

It already performs awesome! Better than 95% of all other machines!

That’s a testament to the axys and the assault....it’s able to dominate other machines even while turning a boat anchor for a track!!

4 hours ago, Crowder said:

The Assault is WAY better than older crossovers on and off trail. I understand the compromise statement but they always are. I’m more than happy 90% of the time. I love the playfulness of the Assault. If I get smoked in a corner by a Matrix, so be it. Don’t really care  these days. You beat my 146 with a shorty in the corner. Yippie you’re awesome. Lol! I’m fine with the trade off. 

I think the Assault is one of only 2 maybe 3 best all around sleds made.  Trails, performance, offtrail, deep snow.  They hold their own or out perform.  I'm rocking a 146 now too, I'm pretty damn happy with it too.  Its a little billy goat.

1 hour ago, f7ben said:

An assault 144 with a 1.365 cobra is an absolute trail weapon. I’d say as good as an xcr or better in all but the nastiest whooped out trash

Fuck yeah it is.  I miss mine, but she broke my heart.  

43 minutes ago, Anler said:

I like the track. Mine is studded also. 

I have a 1.6 and threw some Bergstrom screw in studs for a little better ice control and cooling.

SKS 146 is a nice sled. Great cross over and good enough for the amount of trail riding I want to do. Ideally, a 146 Assault would be my first choice. Working a deal on a Backcountry right now. I hate to spend the money tho.

23 minutes ago, s pump said:

SKS 146 is a nice sled. Great cross over and good enough for the amount of trail riding I want to do. Ideally, a 146 Assault would be my first choice. Working a deal on a Backcountry right now. I hate to spend the money tho.

about time you saw the light and bought a doo.  

I am still resisting a new sled.   

30 minutes ago, s pump said:

The 146 assault is a coupled igx skid and would be more trail oriented than the 144

22 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

about time you saw the light and bought a doo.  

I am still resisting a new sled.   

We'll see.

15 minutes ago, f7ben said:

The 146 assault is a coupled igx skid and would be more trail oriented than the 144

They're like hens teeth tho. None around. I'd throw a 2.25 on it if I could find one.

11 minutes ago, Fireball 440 said:

SnowTech has sucked for the past 5 years, I'm still a subscriber though.  Most issues I can flip through in under 5 minutes then in the pile it goes.

Yup, way back when, it used to be the best technical sled magazine out there. Now, mostly advertising. My subscription ran out a couple of months ago, never to be renewed again. Everyone seems to follow the money.

Just now, Fireball 440 said:

SnowTech has sucked for the past 5 years, I'm still a subscriber though.  Most issues I can flip through in under 5 minutes then in the pile it goes.

They are the best but at the end of the day they have to make advertising money to stay afloat. Their long term tests are real and they really do put them to the test. They were not friendly to Arctic Cat in right up about the Riot. It’s more about people don’t buy magazines any more than they all suck. When I say they are the best,I’m comparing them too the other rags.I can flip through them pretty quick as well.   I’m not going to read a article about a sled I would never buy in the first place. I can tell you that they are all good guys dedicated to the sport and not the Manufacturers. Magazines are a tough business with everything going to the internet now.

Yeah it's sad that they are the best of the sled rags and even the best has turned too lame to enjoy.  I haven't even bought a different sled mag since like 2013.  

I keep them all.  Before I bought my 1200 I went through my pile and read the reviews on it in a 2012 issue.

• Like 1