Sled Topic/Question

4 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Was junk in 2012 when it had a zuk 800 that actually performed. I wouldn’t ride one if it was free

Was there a riot in 2012? I thought that was a 2019 offering... 

Anyhoo... a certain someone got to test ride one with a certain testing group last spring and the only positive thing they could say about it is it handled the big bumps good. Everything else was garbage, especially the running quality. 

Ha. This is going to be a real productive thread. A bunch of ass clown answers like they are garbage or wouldn’t take one for free. 🙄

I’ve spent the last 4 years owning both chassis in the garage and coming up on 8 years with more than one Procross.  I’d buy a Riot without a second thought however I’ve been enjoying the AXYS chassis a little more. I think it’s ahead of the Procross but not by as much as some claim. Polaris is no better than cat quality from what I’ve seen. They build some junk also. I worry about the Polaris motor frequently but never give it much thought on the Cats. If Cat stays in business and keeps lower prices, my next sled might be another Cat based on principle alone. It’s getting outright stupid for what a new 800 costs. I’ll take either over a Ski-turd any day of the week

Edited by Crowder
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Crowder said:

Ha. This is going to be a real productive thread. A bunch of ass clown answers like they are garbage or wouldn’t take one for free. 🙄

I’ve spent the last 4 years owning both chassis in the garage and coming up on 8 years with more than one Procross.  I’d buy a Riot without a second thought however I’ve been enjoying the AXYS chassis a little more. I think it’s ahead of the Procross but not by as much as some claim. Polaris is no better than cat quality from what I’ve seen. They build some junk also. I worry about the Polaris motor frequently but never give it much thought on the Cats. If Cat stays in business and keeps lower prices, my next sled might be another Cat based on principle alone. It’s getting outright stupid for what a new 800 costs. I’ll take either over a Ski-turd any day of the week

I switched from skidoo to Polaris Axys in 2018 and was an amazing difference. Not even a hiccup out of this thing and just bought a 850 matryx. But that being said I ride with cats and die hard cat loyalists and every time there was a system malfunction it was the cat. Clutches eat belts for some reason. the last 2-3 versions of the ctec 800 shoots flames and or back fires. Its been so bad in recent years that one of those life time cat loyalists snowchecked a polaris matryx this year. 

Both of the etecs I owned were plenty reliable and overall quality was good but the ergos and performance of the polaris these days are just better. I cant see buying a cat until they come out with a more modern chassis and a more reliable engine with better performance. They have fallen way behind in relevance, quality and tech. 

40 minutes ago, Crowder said:

The procross is an absolute abortion next to the axys.....just junk

54 minutes ago, Crowder said:

shows your not very smart when the ski doo is the best built sled on the market.  Only midgets like catbox fit on a cat :snack: 

• Haha 1

Jimmy if you are considering buying a riot might I suggest a switchback assault instead? It's the one that skidoo backcountry and riot have been trying to emulate for 4 years now but haven't quite made it..  :news:

• Like 1

If there snochecks are close to what they were last yr I may look seriously in to a new midwest cat prob no more than a 136 though .

It is just stupid now days north of 12g for a fucking 600 with toss in the trash shocks ? Wtf 

2 minutes ago, Anler said:

Jimmy if you are considering buying a riot might I suggest a switchback assault instead? It's the one that skidoo backcountry and riot have been trying to emulate for 4 years now but haven't quite made it..  :news:

They do nothing great compromise on every level buy a long track and a trail sled crossovers are nothing more than a fucking minivan 

Especially the fuckig assault worthless to attempt to hold a side hill in the softest straight work out attempting to ride it in deep snow constantly have to fucking jump from side to side to make it do what you want .

Only "crossover " i would think about would be a 144 voyager and that only comes in a 550 or 600 so thats out . If it came in a 650 or 8 I would prob pick one up 

Edited by Ez ryder

Just now, Angry ginger said:

shows your not very smart when the ski doo is the best built sled on the market.  Only midgets like catbox fit on a cat :snack: 

Haha. You must be a newbie to snowmobiling if you can’t drive a Procross 😂. Momma my pussy is cramped.  😉 The other two brands definitely feel less restricted but it’s not half as bad as keyboard warriors claim.  One reason I prefer the Axys seating is due to that. 

Yes Ski-doo is the most overhyped sled on the market. Better build quality with junk parts and ugly as shit. Did my browser just redirect me to HCS? 😂

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Crowder said:

Haha. You must be a newbie to snowmobiling if you can’t drive a Procross 😂. Momma my pussy is cramped.  😉 The other two brands definitely feel less restricted but it’s not half as bad as keyboard warriors claim.  One reason I prefer the Axys seating is due to that. 

Yes Ski-doo is the most overhyped sled on the market. Better build quality with junk parts and ugly as shit. Did my browser just redirect me to HCS? 😂

There is no one over 6' that the procross is the best choice for unless your buying on price.  

If i was buying this year it would prob be an axys but I am still resisting getting back in and chasing snow.    The other choice would be a G4.  In no way would any procross come into play.  I'd buy a 2010 Barney first.  

I put 5-10k miles each on the last 4 ski doos i had with no issues beyond breaking a spring.   

Edited by Angry ginger

4 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

They do nothing great compromise on every level buy a long track and a trail sled crossovers are nothing more than a fucking minivan 

Oh stfu they are the most awesome snowmobile you can buy! Go anywhere do anything as good or better than anything else! Youre just a pissy pants cat fan with sour grapes!

2 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

There is no one over 6' that the procross is the best choice for unless your buying on price.  

If i was buying this year it would prob be an axys but I am still resisting getting back in and chasing snow.    The other choice would be a G4.  In no way would any procross come into play.  I'd buy a 2010 Barney first.  

Lol I am looking in to a 11 barny right now . A bud has it . Had it entirely rebuilt motor including new clutches fuel lines all the bearings in the skid etc .has been his back up since then for 2 yrs with less than 100 a yr . 

They are a comfy sled if you get stuck on some fucking 400 mi battalion death March bullsht 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

I put 5-10k miles each on the last 4 ski doos i had with no issues beyond breaking a spring.   

Great. You and Ben can double ride on a Barney sled together. I’m guessing the both of you have 1500 miles combined on a Procross and Axys . Lol. Barney’s were fun big couches. Still great if you’re a lazy old fuck. 

Edited by Crowder

2 minutes ago, Crowder said:

Great. You and Ben can double ride on a Barney sled together. I’m guessing the both of you have 1500 miles combined on a Procross and Axys . Lol. 

even my cat fanboy buddy would agree the procross is not for tall people.  In fact he told me to not buy one that i found a few years back.  

3 minutes ago, Anler said:

Oh stfu they are the most awesome snowmobile you can buy! Go anywhere do anything as good or better than anything else! Youre just a pissy pants cat fan with sour grapes!

They are 1/2 ass at everything . Like I said all crossovers are . They suck at high speed trail they suck at deep snow . They are a fucking minivan van   . That wide fr end sucks dick even in the softest snow that long track sucks at tight trail . Then the sort of long track sucks in tight boondocking because it just dose not have the lug to alow you to go slow or make a turn in the tight woods  wfo or sink you deff have to be looking 3 moves ahead . And if you bought a assault you are not looking 3 moves ahead in the woods so you are most likely stuck 

Buy a short track and a long track . Crossover is marketing bullshit to guys who can't afford both .

1 minute ago, Ez ryder said:

They are 1/2 ass at everything . Like I said all crossovers are . They suck at high speed trail they suck at deep snow . They are a fucking minivan van   . That wide fr end sucks dick even in the softest snow that long track sucks at tight trail . Then the sort of long track sucks in tight boondocking because it just dose not have the lug to alow you to go slow or make a turn in the tight woods  wfo or sink you deff have to be looking 3 moves ahead . And if you bought a assault you are not looking 3 moves ahead in the woods so you are most likely stuck 

Buy a short track and a long track . Crossover is marketing bullshit to guys who can't afford both .

Have you ever ridden one? Seriously? I can trail ride that fucker with just about anybody at any speed. It is an amazing trail sled for as long as it it and super comfortable. And the worst part about off trail performance is those stupid prosteer skis. I switched out to grippers last year and it is a big improvement. Now I am not a "side hiller" so I could give a fuck about that but we do like to bust off trail and it works great!

9 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

even my cat fanboy buddy would agree the procross is not for tall people.  In fact he told me to not buy one that i found a few years back.  

I agree. It’s definitely not the best seating for tall people vs the latest sleds, but unless you’re some tall freak of nature, it’s still not that bad or even uncomfortable unless you’re a pussy. Just my opinion. Nowhere near bad enough to not buy one. I know plenty of really tall guys riding them as their choice. Being a ski-donkey fan you’re going to bitch and whine about every aspect anyway. 🤷‍♂️ lol

Edited by Crowder

2 minutes ago, Anler said:

Have you ever ridden one? Seriously? I can trail ride that fucker with just about anybody at any speed. It is an amazing trail sled for as long as it it and super comfortable. And the worst part about off trail performance is those stupid prosteer skis. I switched out to grippers last year and it is a big improvement. Now I am not a "side hiller" so I could give a fuck about that but we do like to bust off trail and it works great!

Yep many many times when ridding with guys who I get sick of pulling out so I give them mine for a bit. And yes have spent as much time on one as I want on a trail . It is fine but not near as good as say a 129 not even close but we are not talking rail bed I am talking tight twisty trail .

Hell I can keep pace with most on my long tracks but I am working my ass off to do it . So yes it can be done but again they and this is all crossovers not just your assault are a compromise at everything they do. Just they way it is . If you can't see that I don't know what to tell you.