Surge in Wisconsin hospitalizations.

6 minutes ago, Matt said:

Death tolls in hospitalizations are down dramatically from the beginning of the pandemic.  Something like 75-80% reduction across all age tranches in aggregate.  That's good news.

However, excess deaths in other areas, not so good.

In 25-44 age group, "excess deaths" are up about 25%, many of which are "deaths of despair."

Heard yesterday about a study out of the UK indicating:

Diabetes deaths: up 86%

Parkinsons: up 79%

Prostate cancer:  up 53%

Breast cancer:  up 47%

Bowel cancer: up 46%

That doesn't take into account the dramatic increase in things like overdoses, suicides, etc that have been largely unreported.

This is what folks meant when "the cure can't be worse than the disease."  Everyone's only focused on one side of the equation because that's the only data the media cares to investigate and/or report.

A lot of this has been the result of a less than unified approach from the feds. The approach has been to shuffle the responsibility to the states. That lead to a hodgepodge of impractical and ever changing guidelines from fumbling state health departments. I know. I was caught in the epicenter of the mess. It’s still pure lunacy. The federal government dropped the ball big time on this. There should’ve been a lot less talk and more solid and practical guidelines. 

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

41 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

A lot of this has been the result of a less than unified approach from the feds. The approach has been to shuffle the responsibility to the states. That lead to a hodgepodge of impractical and ever changing guidelines from fumbling state health departments. I know. I was caught in the epicenter of the mess. It’s still pure lunacy. The federal government dropped the ball big time on this. There should’ve been a lot less talk and more solid and practical guidelines. 

actually i think it shows that regardless of approach taken you can't stop the spread.  If your at risk defend yourself but if your not live your life.  

47 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Blah, blah, blah........what a bunch BS. You probably scare real easily also.

53 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Thing is the feds weren't any more well-equipped on this than the states.  I do think there have been a shitload of missed opportunities for guidance and central leadership/coordination, but ultimately, I agree with the need for the states to own their own response.  Nebraska doesn't need the same social measures as New Jersey or regulations/guidelines when dealing with this disease.

But the rhetoric and BS doesn't help.

20 minutes ago, Matt said:

Thing is the feds weren't any more well-equipped on this than the states.  I do think there have been a shitload of missed opportunities for guidance and central leadership/coordination, but ultimately, I agree with the need for the states to own their own response.  Nebraska doesn't need the same social measures as New Jersey or regulations/guidelines when dealing with this disease.

But the rhetoric and BS doesn't help.

Epidemiology departments in most states are woefully dependent on the direction of the CDC. The feds get the big dollars for preparation of events of this magnitude. The feds had a very complete set of guidelines already in place. For some reason it wasn’t implemented quickly. When the first cases were identified here in town, the CDC showed up and proved to be rather worthless. The local government received very little guidance because the CDC personnel were being tightly micro managed from Washington. It’s a common theme that is echoed all across the country. There was no immediate, unified response. It was a complete clusterfuck. 

43 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

No, I’m just mindful of others and the how getting covid would effect them. Something that trump and his followers have a lack of. 

17 hours ago, spin_dry said:

No, I’m just mindful of others and the how getting covid would effect them. Something that trump and his followers have a lack of. 

18 hours ago, snoughnut said:

Exactly, one sided horse manure is all he babbles on about.  The guy went traveling to another state during this pandemic.  He likes to come across as some type of health professional, but when it comes to practicing what he preaches, he is a full blown fraud.