Surge in Wisconsin hospitalizations.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

19 minutes ago, Legend said:

So many hospitals are getting overrun, filling up to capacity, running staff ragged!

Yet there are no patients in the Covid unit at state fair park.......wtf is going on??

Daily hospitalizations have increased from 390 on sept 1st to 1200 this morning. That’s a significant increase 

3 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Daily hospitalizations have increased from 390 on sept 1st to 1200 this morning. That’s a significant increase 

That may be. Where did you get that stat? Not disagreeing, I really dont know. 

But for at least a week we've be reading and hearing about how the hospitals are getting slammed and overrun. How come there is nobody at the covid unit?

10 minutes ago, Legend said:

That may be. Where did you get that stat? Not disagreeing, I really dont know. 

But for at least a week we've be reading and hearing about how the hospitals are getting slammed and overrun. How come there is nobody at the covid unit?

I get the stats from the Wisconsin Hospital Association. I don’t see hospitals being overrun, but cases are increasing rapidly. I suspect come flu season there will be co occurring covid and seasonal influenza infections. That has the potential to complicate treatment. It’s a concern. I’m a little curious about what’s driving the massive increase in cases here in Wisconsin. 

17 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

I get the stats from the Wisconsin Hospital Association. I don’t see hospitals being overrun, but cases are increasing rapidly. I suspect come flu season there will be co occurring covid and seasonal influenza infections. That has the potential to complicate treatment. It’s a concern. I’m a little curious about what’s driving the massive increase in cases here in Wisconsin. 

I checked out their site and FB page. 

The FB page has a chart that shows 8 of the top 10 worst outbreaks are in WI. My wife has worked at a hospital in 3 of those towns in the last week.  lol

10 minutes ago, Legend said:

I checked out their site and FB page. 

The FB page has a chart that shows 8 of the top 10 worst outbreaks are in WI. My wife has worked at a hospital in 3 of those towns in the last week.  lol

Here’s regional data for hospitalizations per region. Northwest is seeing the largest increase. 

https://www.dhs.wisconsin.gov/covid-19/capacity.htm

Edited by spin_dry

1 hour ago, spin_dry said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.jsonline.com/amp/3669849001

second only to Texas for new infections 

what is the death count . And what is the average age of the dead . And what other issues did they have ? Really only thing that matters . If you catch a covid and are relitivly healthy you have a 99.8 %chance of survival . Look even a fat old out of shape orange man walk away in under a week . If you are in worse shape than trump you are pretty much just fucked any way .

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 hours ago, spin_dry said:

Talking with a hospital administrator in Iowa she said here its weddings as the big driver.   So many delayed from spring and people ready to party together.   Hardly anyone wears masks at receptions.

11 hours ago, Legend said:

So many hospitals are getting overrun, filling up to capacity, running staff ragged!

Yet there are no patients in the Covid unit at state fair park.......wtf is going on??

Both sisters are nurses, both are worn out.

One in NB Canada. One in Wyoming USA.

9 hours ago, Highmark said:

Talking with a hospital administrator in Iowa she said here its weddings as the big driver.   So many delayed from spring and people ready to party together.   Hardly anyone wears masks at receptions.

That makes sense. Perhaps funerals as well. 

And yet the UW is having football.  Schools are still in session in many places and many middle school and high school sports are going on like nothing is happening.  The cases started going way up when school and sports started in the fall.  It's not hard to figure out what is causing it, but only a few want to have their children at home during school and the sports fanatics and coaches do not seem to want to cancel.

3 minutes ago, racer254 said:

And yet the UW is having football.  Schools are still in session in many places and many middle school and high school sports are going on like nothing is happening.  The cases started going way up when school and sports started in the fall.  It's not hard to figure out what is causing it, but only a few want to have their children at home during school and the sports fanatics and coaches do not seem to want to cancel.

Same is occurring in other states, yet they’re not #1 or #2 in new cases. 

2 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Same is occurring in other states, yet they’re not #1 or #2 in new cases. 

Part of the surge's are in area's that didn't see a surge earlier. (more people to become "positive.")   I read in Iowa a large portion of our surge in in NW Iowa that had low numbers since the start up till now.  Same thing kind of went on in other states already.   

8 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Part of the surge's are in area's that didn't see a surge earlier. (more people to become "positive.")   I read in Iowa a large portion of our surge in in NW Iowa that had low numbers since the start up till now.  Same thing kind of went on in other states already.   

Still doesn’t explain Wisconsin’s explosion of numbers. Only 5 million people and #1 or #2. Could be the bar sucks. 

7 minutes ago, Highmark said:

This simply shows that herd immunity is actually true.  I was told that my immunity will last at least 90 days.  Not many people have gotten it twice.

2 minutes ago, racer254 said:

This simply shows that herd immunity is actually true.  I was told that my immunity will last at least 90 days.  Not many people have gotten it twice.

Herd immunity will cost 2.5 million Americans their lives on the low side of the estimate.

8 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Still doesn’t explain Wisconsin’s explosion of numbers. Only 5 million people and #1 or #2. Could be the bar sucks. 

Lot's of factors can play into it spin and you know that.   From changing in testing to who and where is becoming infected.   Fact is the death rate is not spiking.   Yes it tends to follow a few weeks behind infections but if Wisconsin is like other states that had surges post the initial round Wisconsin shouldn't see a significant spike in deaths either.

https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracker/#pop-factors_newdeaths