Expert Warns US Is 1-3 Wks From A 'Rapid Acceleration' of Covid: Very Difficult Fall, Winter

Wear your masks and socially distance...

Expert Warns US Is 1-3 Wks From A 'Rapid Acceleration' of Covid: Very Difficult Fall, Winter

- 'CNN: Expert warns US is 1 to 3 weeks from a "rapid acceleration" of COVID-19,' Daily Kos, Oct. 21, 2020. 

As Election 2020 stomps and staggers to its conclusion — almost certainly a solid Biden victory, and great odds of flipping the Senate as well — the coronavirus epidemic churns on. And the latest trend lines, coupled with the onset of colder weather in the northern US, look worrisome. 

It’s not just the slowly rising trend line. It’s that this new rise of COVID-19 is happening as we head into the crucial colder-weather months... exactly as epidemiologists have worried. 

CNN has published a piece to this effect. Quoting Dr. Scott Gottlieb, former commissioner of the US Food and Drug Administration. He says, quote: "I think we're about two or three weeks behind Europe -- so we're about a week away from starting to enter a period where we're going to see a rapid acceleration in cases.” And, ”We're seeing hospitalizations go up in 42 states right now, cases are going up in 45 states, and there really is no backstop. This fall and winter season is when the coronavirus is going to want to spread." 

Dr. Fauci, our sanest top federal/national expert in all of this, is saying similar in recent days: "This looks like we're going to have a very difficult fall and winter.” 

Meanwhile, Trump is ramping up the denialism, trash-talking Fauci, and railing against CNN, even calling them “bastards” for covering COVID-19 as prominently as they are. Most bizarrely, Trump is now attacking Biden as a leader who would “want to listen to Fauci.” Like that’s going to be a persuadable attack line, just as the epidemic looks like it’s on track to worsen nationally right around Election Day... 
c19diaryoct21.jpg
https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2020/10/21/1988259/-CNN-Expert-warns-US-is-1-to-3-weeks-from-a-rapid-acceleration-of-COVID-19

• Platinum Contributing Member
13 hours ago, Mainecat said:

Wear your masks and socially distance...

- 'CNN: Expert warns US is 1 to 3 weeks from a "rapid acceleration" of COVID-19,' Daily Kos, Oct. 21, 2020. 

As Election 2020 stomps and staggers to its conclusion — almost certainly a solid Biden victory, and great odds of flipping the Senate as well — the coronavirus epidemic churns on. And the latest trend lines, coupled with the onset of colder weather in the northern US, look worrisome. 

It’s not just the slowly rising trend line. It’s that this new rise of COVID-19 is happening as we head into the crucial colder-weather months... exactly as epidemiologists have worried. 

CNN has published a piece to this effect. Quoting Dr. Scott Gottlieb, former commissioner of the US Food and Drug Administration. He says, quote: "I think we're about two or three weeks behind Europe -- so we're about a week away from starting to enter a period where we're going to see a rapid acceleration in cases.” And, ”We're seeing hospitalizations go up in 42 states right now, cases are going up in 45 states, and there really is no backstop. This fall and winter season is when the coronavirus is going to want to spread." 

Dr. Fauci, our sanest top federal/national expert in all of this, is saying similar in recent days: "This looks like we're going to have a very difficult fall and winter.” 

Meanwhile, Trump is ramping up the denialism, trash-talking Fauci, and railing against CNN, even calling them “bastards” for covering COVID-19 as prominently as they are. Most bizarrely, Trump is now attacking Biden as a leader who would “want to listen to Fauci.” Like that’s going to be a persuadable attack line, just as the epidemic looks like it’s on track to worsen nationally right around Election Day... 
c19diaryoct21.jpg
https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2020/10/21/1988259/-CNN-Expert-warns-US-is-1-to-3-weeks-from-a-rapid-acceleration-of-COVID-19

Obama wouldn't be stumping if a Biden victory was almost certain. 

Scott Gottlieb (born June 11, 1972) is an American physician and investor who served as the 23rd commissioner of the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) from 2017 until April 2019. He is presently a resident fellow at the conservative think tank the American Enterprise Institute (AEI), a partner at the venture capital firm New Enterprise Associates (NEA),[1] [2] a member of the board of directors of drug maker Pfizer, Inc[3

Edited by Highmark

11 hours ago, Rigid1 said:

Mc, You seriously need the media to tell you November is flu season which it has been for decades?? You have to be kidding me..:lol:

The dumb is strong here....pay close attention to the story I posted it’s about Covid and not the flu.

sometimes I really wonder why I bother anymore.

wear your mask. 

• Haha 1

My wife is a Covid survivor.   It was touch and go for awhile.  When she lost her smell , we feared the worst.   I kept trying to reassure her as we waited for the results.  
you don’t know,  this could be just cancer .

But, it was just wishful thinking.  I just can’t tell you the devastation when you get that Covid positive diagnosis. Your mind races ....will she ever be able to smell again????!!!   

luckily , with prayer,  and not a single mask,  not one of us, friends, family, who were around her,  the whole time caught it.  
prayer friends!  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

The dumb is strong here....pay close attention to the story I posted it’s about Covid and not the flu.

sometimes I really wonder why I bother anymore.

wear your mask. 

A story about covid that starts with election predictions.  :lol:   Fuck man your are gullible.  

46 minutes ago, 01mxz800 said:

You did it now Jimmy snatch will be here shortly to berate you and defend  the  cunt Whitmer 

He’s free to do and say whatever he wants just like I am :thumbsup:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tinker said:

How's Michigan's #'s ? 

Didn't every Gov declare State of Emergency ??

136 executive orders 

The State of Michigan limits how long a governor can take control.  Rightly so.  
Contrary to what she or others believe, viruses do not render the constitution void. 
we still have laws that regular citizens are expected to follow as well as our elected officials.