Will Trump actually be sworn in?

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, bussman said:

No denying it's an amazing time in history at the moment. 

I agree.   I said that when the primaries were going on.

If and that is a HUGE if Trump is not sworn in because of shenanigans in the EC and congress I do think we will see a revolution happen in America.  You would see the markets crash like never before.   You would see politicians harmed like never before.   I'm not sure they are willing to go that far because they don't like the guy.   Trump will be sworn in unless some nut bag takes him out before.

From extremist goat fuckers to the anarchists I will say the SS has their work cut out for them like never before. 

31 minutes ago, Highmark said:

If and that is a HUGE if Trump is not sworn in because of shenanigans in the EC and congress I do think we will see a revolution happen in America.  You would see the markets crash like never before.   You would see politicians harmed like never before.   I'm not sure they are willing to go that far because they don't like the guy.   Trump will be sworn in unless some nut bag takes him out before.

From extremist goat fuckers to the anarchists I will say the SS has their work cut out for them like never before. 

Why would patriots object to EC voters exercising their constitutional right to vote the best way they see fit?  That was the whole point of the EC to act as an escape valve on the electoral process to keep someone out of office who isn't fit.

22 minutes ago, ICEMAN! said:

Why would patriots object to EC voters exercising their constitutional right to vote the best way they see fit?  That was the whole point of the EC to act as an escape valve on the electoral process to keep someone out of office who isn't fit.

:wrong: 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, ICEMAN! said:

skip civics 101?

1 hour ago, ICEMAN! said:

Understand the rules most states and the political parties have then get back to me.

Edited by Highmark
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, ICEMAN! said:

I'm 100% spot on.

What did I state that was untrue?

The EC delegates are in most cases required by state law to vote who wins their state.   Other states being a registered member of the party requires you to do the same.  Only a small part can vote differently than the results of their state. 

Edited by Highmark
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, ICEMAN! said:

IMG_6138.GIF

The Electoral College is a process, not a place. The founding fathers established it in the Constitution as a compromise between election of the President by a vote in Congress and election of the President by a popular vote of qualified citizens.

https://www.archives.gov/federal-register/electoral-college/about.html

Idiot fucking Nooks think they know..... :lol:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Highmark said:

The EC delegates are in most cases required by state law to vote who wins their state.   Other states being a registered member of the party requires you to do the same.

Those are state laws that were passed long after the Constitution was written.  It's not what the Founding Fathers intended.