Trump: Japan's SoftBank Will Invest $50B in U.S

4 hours ago, Snoslinger said:

"But in October, weeks before the election, Softbank and the government of Saudi Arabia agreed to form a $100 billion fund to invest in technology companies around the world. "

http://money.cnn.com/2016/12/06/technology/trump-japan-softbank/

And $50M, or half of that, is now being spent in the US... Did you read the article you posted? The CEO of SoftBank met with Trump and then made the decision to what amount would be invested here. Sorry, Trump gets credit. There are a hundred better countries to invest startup money in then the US under Obama. Lower taxation, lower regs, higher margins. You see this right? Key there is he didn't meet with Obama or the current administration. Why are you looking for bad in everything good the guy does? 

Edited by xtralettucetomatoe580

25 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

ohhhhhhhhhhh

ohh what the balloon knot let loose again ? go clean up and reinvestigate the deal .    so they have a chat with trump and decide ok we will invest 1/2 of our cash in the usa. OOHHH . u are a fucking moron

27 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

And $50M, or half of that, is now being spent in the US... Did you read the article you posted? The CEO of SoftBank met with Trump and then made the decision to what amount would be invested here. Sorry, Trump gets credit. There are a hundred better countries to invest startup money in then the US under Obama. Lower taxation, lower regs, higher margins. You see this right? Key there is he didn't meet with Obama or the current administration. Why are you looking for bad in everything good the guy does? 

which 100 countries exactly?  usa has some of the lowest corporate taxation and best talent pool out of all developed countries. 

7 minutes ago, Catman said:

which 100 countries exactly?  usa has some of the lowest corporate taxation and best talent pool out of all developed countries. 

Regulations, supply chain costs, developing market access, labor costs, need I go on? Tax rate is middle of the road. Nothing special. 

58 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh

29 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

ohh what the balloon knot let loose again ? go clean up and reinvestigate the deal .    so they have a chat with trump and decide ok we will invest 1/2 of our cash in the usa. OOHHH . u are a fucking moron

:lol:   Perfect

34 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

gmafb. that money was geared for the US regardless. besides, nobody knows wtf is going to happen with our taxes, regulations, etc. this is nothing more than trump trying to take credit for something he had nothing to do with. the usuals eat it up.

7 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

gmafb. that money was geared for the US regardless. besides, nobody knows wtf is going to happen with our taxes, regulations, etc. this is nothing more than trump trying to take credit for something he had nothing to do with. the usuals eat it up.

Their CEO seemed to state otherwise... 

11 minutes ago, Catman said:

lowest corporate tax rate ? where do u get this stuff best talent pool LMFAO

Edited by Ez ryder

9 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

Their CEO seemed to state otherwise... 

:lol: so gullible lately. he's going to kiss him some trump ass now, to try and merge some telecommunication companies. mergers that were denied prior. i'm also a little surprised you're all OK with investments from japan and SA into our tech industries. i don't necessarily have a problem with it, because of jobs.

11 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

:lol: so gullible lately. he's going to kiss him some trump ass now, to try and merge some telecommunication companies. mergers that were denied prior. i'm also a little surprised you're all OK with investments from japan and SA into our tech industries. i don't necessarily have a problem with it, because of jobs.

I don't have a problem with FDI when it works in our favor. Anyone who does is afraid of the boogeyman. I am not gullible as much as I am not willing to discount everything he does out of hate for him. Maybe if you always thought I was one of the more level headed R's, and I am all of a sudden at odds with that description, it is you who is the one being unreasonable? Food for thought Slinger. 

If investors are excited about investing in the US again, I don't try to find the boogeyman off of pure hearsay and unbacked speculation over hurt feelings from post-electionitis. Time to man up and stop whining over everything he does regardless of what he does. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

I don't have a problem with FDI when it works in our favor. Anyone who does is afraid of the boogeyman. I am not gullible as much as I am not willing to discount everything he does out of hate for him. Maybe if you always thought I was one of the more level headed R's, and I am all of a sudden at odds with that description, it is you who is the one being unreasonable? Food for thought Slinger. 

If investors are excited about investing in the US again, I don't try to find the boogeyman off of pure hearsay and unbacked speculation over hurt feelings from post-electionitis. Time to man up and stop whining over everything he does regardless of what he does. 

Well done.

:thumb:

5 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

just going by his past and present actions and comments dude. you honestly don't think much of this was already planned?

14 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

just going by his past and present actions and comments dude. you honestly don't think much of this was already planned?

Its a snowball rolling downhill... The more big money pouring in, the more that follows it wanting to get in on the fun. Investor confidence. So what if it is PR more than anything? We need it. We need people to want to come back. If a boost of confidence and some well timed subsidies lead to that, is there a problem? 

57 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

lowest corporate tax rate ? where do u get this stuff best talent pool LMFAO

http://www.taxpolicycenter.org/briefing-book/how-do-us-taxes-compare-internationally

3rd Lowest taxes overall. Incentives are weaved all through the tax code, Trump is most likely just adding to those incentives for some "quick wins", not solving the probelm.

Harvard, Yale, MIT.  Like it or not but the USA is the epicentre of innovation across all industries.  Unfortunately it hasn't trickled down to you.

1 hour ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

Regulations, supply chain costs, developing market access, labor costs, need I go on? Tax rate is middle of the road. Nothing special. 

You've been conned.  the USA is special in many ways.  The problems with the usa aren't a lack of jobs or investment.  these moves are nothing more than short term wins masking the real issues.

30 minutes ago, Catman said:

http://www.taxpolicycenter.org/briefing-book/how-do-us-taxes-compare-internationally

3rd Lowest taxes overall. Incentives are weaved all through the tax code, Trump is most likely just adding to those incentives for some "quick wins", not solving the probelm.

Harvard, Yale, MIT.  Like it or not but the USA is the epicentre of innovation across all industries.  Unfortunately it hasn't trickled down to you.

I thought your  rate was 3rd highest  or are you meaning percent of GDP?  didn't trump say he was going to lower it 15% to 23%

http://www.tradingeconomics.com/united-states/corporate-tax-rate

27 minutes ago, Catman said:

First, that isn't an all inclusive list unless you are dense enough to think that their are 20 countries in the world... So no, it is not 3rd lowest overall. 

Second, when you include all taxes paid by all citizens into a discussion on corporate tax rates and their effect on investment, you are using statistics woefully incorrect. This is about investors.

"Income and Profits Taxes: Taxes on personal income and business profits made up 48 percent of US tax revenue in 2012, a higher percentage than in most other OECD countries, where such taxes averaged 34 percent of the total (figure 2). Australia, Denmark, and New Zealand topped the United States in this category, generating just over half of their total revenue from such taxes. In the United States, personal income taxes alone generated 30 percent of total tax revenue compared with 25 percent on average within the OECD."

If you are going to post a link, you should do the due diligence and read the whole link. Makes sense to do at least that, right? 

Third, the Tax Policy Center is an advocate for higher taxes overall and has no interest in investments, they are concerned with social issues benefiting from higher taxes... 

Last, the US is the epicenter of innovation. I did not say otherwise. But the cost of doing business in the US is higher. Innovate in the US, export the labor, supply chain, etc to the developing world. Bring the profits back to the US (minus hefty transference fees), rinse, repeat. That unfortunately does not fare well for the lower middle class. So yes the Yales and MITs are great, but they don't run hammers, presses, and machines. 

24 minutes ago, Catman said:

You've been conned.  the USA is special in many ways.  The problems with the usa aren't a lack of jobs or investment.  these moves are nothing more than short term wins masking the real issues.

Who are you talking to? Take this rah rah BS somewhere else. I know the US is special, but I don't think the US has competitive advantage in labor. If you do, you have no business having this discussion. Keep up now. 

24 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

ouch

Are you so hurting to throw out a "gotcha" that you don't even read what the other person has wrote? 

Because he sounds like he doesn't have much of a clue. Fitting. 

1 minute ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

First, that isn't an all inclusive list unless you are dense enough to think that their are 20 countries in the world... So no, it is not 3rd lowest overall. 

Second, when you include all taxes paid by all citizens into a discussion on corporate tax rates and their effect on investment, you are using statistics woefully incorrect. This is about investors.

"Income and Profits Taxes: Taxes on personal income and business profits made up 48 percent of US tax revenue in 2012, a higher percentage than in most other OECD countries, where such taxes averaged 34 percent of the total (figure 2). Australia, Denmark, and New Zealand topped the United States in this category, generating just over half of their total revenue from such taxes. In the United States, personal income taxes alone generated 30 percent of total tax revenue compared with 25 percent on average within the OECD."

If you are going to post a link, you should do the due diligence and read the whole link. Makes sense to do at least that, right? 

Third, the Tax Policy Center is an advocate for higher taxes overall and has no interest in investments, they are concerned with social issues benefiting from higher taxes... 

Last, the US is the epicenter of innovation. I did not say otherwise. But the cost of doing business in the US is higher. Innovate in the US, export the labor, supply chain, etc to the developing world. Bring the profits back to the US (minus hefty transference fees), rinse, repeat. That unfortunately does not fare well for the lower middle class. So yes the Yales and MITs are great, but they don't run hammers, presses, and machines. 

Who are you talking to? Take this rah rah BS somewhere else. I know the US is special, but I don't think the US has competitive advantage in labor. If you do, you have no business having this discussion. Keep up now. 

Are you so hurting to throw out a "gotcha" that you don't even read what the other person has wrote? 

Because he sounds like he doesn't have much of a clue. Fitting. 

i already knew that the corporate tax rates of the US aren't that bad when compared to others. posted it many times before.