20 Dead in Gay Club Shooting.....

I notice the normal ommited information about the shooters Islamic ties.  But I keep hearig the phrase "assaul rifle".  Those damn assault rifles just running wild out there!  I blame the parents.

And yes, this is sad.  But not near as sad is how our wonderful political system is going to link this incident to try to push their agendas.

Edited by Zambroski

4 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I notice the normal ommited information about the shooters Islamic ties.  But I keep hearig the phrase "assaul rifle".  Those damn assault rifles just running wild out there!  I blame the parents.

And yes, this is sad.  But not near as sad is how our wonderful political system is going to link this incident to try to push their agendas.

Yup, let's just forget about the day/hours where we pretend to care about the victims and move right to pushing our political agenda

21 minutes ago, Axys1 said:

I hope some of the guys on this site are okay.9_9

All bs aside..why?? Why in the hell is this crap happening in this world?? Gay or not this shit has got to stop. :wtf:

I thought it was at your bar when the story first broke!

3 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Yes lets keep bring the Muslims into the US!! You can say what you want but until you have read the true sharia law you will never understand. There is no deviation in the Muslims faith ether your all in our your 100% out there is no interpreting it at all. We will never know who the bad guys are!! Why?? in there faith they are allowed to lie to get ahead.  

3 minutes ago, Axys1 said:

Yes lets keep bring the Muslims into the US!! You can say what you want but until you have read the true sharia law you will never understand. There is no deviation in the Muslims faith ether your all in our your 100% out there is no interpreting it at all. We will never know who the bad guys are!! Why?? in there faith they are allowed to lie to get ahead.  

They all read the same book..true story.

55 minutes ago, Axys1 said:

I hope some of the guys on this site are okay.9_9

All bs aside..why?? Why in the hell is this crap happening in this world?? Gay or not this shit has got to stop. :wtf:

Moooslims hate faggots :dunno: 

A heavily armed assailant opened fire in a packed Orlando nightclub early Sunday in a bloody massacre that left about 20 people dead and prompted a terrorism investigation, authorities said.

Police Chief John Mina said the tragedy began at 2:02 a.m., when three police officers engaged in a gun battle with a suspect outside Pulse, a gay club just south of downtown. A hostage situation then took place inside, and a SWAT team was called in, Mina said. Police received updates from patrons trapped in the club, and decided to storm the club at about 5 a.m.

"Our biggest concern was further loss of life," Mina said. "We exchanged gunfire with the suspect, and he was dead at the scene."

Mina said the gunman was killed by police. He said 42 people were transferred to local hospitals, and one officer was wounded. He estimated the death toll at 20, and said at least 30 people were rescued.

"Tonight our community witnessed a horrific crime... that will have a lasting effect on our community," a solemn Mayor Buddy Dyer said.

FBI Special Agent Ronald Hopper said the case was being investigated as a possible act of terrorism, either domestic or international. It was not clear if the shooter acted alone, he said. He said authorities were trying to determine if there was a connection with radical Islam.

"We do have suggestions that the individual may have leanings toward that particular ideology," Hopper said.

Mina said the gunman was armed with an assault rifle, a handgun and some sort of unidentified device. Officers from multiple agencies and dozens of emergency vehicles responded to the scene. Orange County Fire and Rescue called for gurneys to move victims from the club.

Many of the casualties were rushed to Orlando Regional Medical Center, which was placed on lockdown.

"We can confirm this is a mass casualty situation. Support from local/state/federal agencies," Orlando police tweeted about four hours after events began to unfold. Then, a short time later: "Pulse Shooting: The shooter inside the club is dead."

Mina said there was no indication that there was more than one shooter. A bomb squad was at the scene, and police reported conducting a "controlled explosion."

Hours after the shooting, police were still trying to piece together what happened.

"Anyone who was at Pulse nightclub and was a witness Please come to the Orlando Police HQ," the department tweeted. "Any information you have could aid investigators in this case."

A federal law enforcement official told USA TODAY investigators were reviewing the attacker’s possible utterances that may provide more specific information about a terror ideology or affiliation. The official who is not authorized to comment characterized the attack as “certainly’’ terrorism. It was not immediately clear whether investigators were aware of the attacker prior to the assault.

FBI Director James Comey has said in recent months that authorities had about 1,000 open investigations into home grown violent extremists. The overwhelming number of those cases, authorities said, were suspects with alleged ties to the Islamic State.

Orlando recently wrapped up its annual weeklong Gay Days festival on June 6 in which up to 150,000 in the LGBT community attend area theme parks, gay nightclubs and special events. It was the 25th anniversary of Gay Days. It remains one of the largest gay pride events in the world.

Saturday night and into Sunday, the club was celebrating Latin Night. Club patron Christopher Hansen told CNN he heard what could have been 20 or 30 shots, setting off a panic as people scrambled for cover or raced for the exits. He said he helped a couple people who were wounded.

"It's just shocking," said Hansen, who crawled to safety. "I just saw bodies going down."

Rosie Feba, a witness, told the Orlando Sentinel she and her girlfriend were in the club near closing time when, "she told me someone was shooting. Everyone was getting on the floor. I told her I didn't think it was real, I thought it was just part of the music, until I saw fire coming out of his gun."

Feba told the Sentinel she her girlfriend ran out of the club and helped a man who had been shot get outside.

The Orlando Fire Department called for its bomb squad and hazardous material team to the scene after 3 a.m. ET. Police K-9 dogs searched the area around nearby Orlando Regional Medical Center with an armed deputy in head-to-toe military gear.

A loud bang was heard before 5 a.m., but Orlando Police tweeted that it was the  controlled explosion by law enforcement.

Ali Kurnaz, 25, told USA TODAY he was working in his living room about a block from the nightclub when he heard gunfire.

"I could hear multiple rounds of gunfire to the point where it scared my cats," Kurnaz said. "They came running from a different room."

Kurnaz said he heard sirens as multiple police cars headed to the crime scene and helicopters flying over his neighborhood.

In some tweets appearing to come from inside Pulse nightclub short after the assault, people said they were hiding. Twitter users also said they heard multiple gunshots.

The shooting spree came just one day after The Voice star Christina Grimmie was shot and killed after a concert Friday night at the Plaza Live Theater in Orlando. That gunman, identified as Kevin James Loibl, 27, of St. Petersburg, Fla., fatally shot himself after the attack.

This is not a Democrat thing this not a Republican thing or a Fox news thing this is the law!! There was a very good video on Youtube but It was removed many years ago.  

Edited by Badger**

3 minutes ago, Axys1 said:

This is not a Democrat thing this not a Republican thing or a Fox news thing this is the law!! There was a very good video on Youtube but It was removed many years ago.  

You are a racist.

Pretty sure this is simply work place violence.

Gun show loopholes.

Longer waiting times

Will fix this

Let not say anything about Muslims .......we don't want to offend anyone.

No word yet on the exact assault rifle that is responsible for this act but the person holding the dangerous weapon while it was firing out of control was Omar Mateen.  A Radical Islamist.

Does posting this make me a racist?  

1 hour ago, Zambroski said:

The bodies haven't even cooled off and yet the media already is with " Gay " slathered all over the headlines hoping against hope that the shooter was some Christian white guy NRA GOP church going , working family man .

1 hour ago, Cold War said:

Attempts to blame Trump not in yet, stay tuned for further false accusations & political wrangling.

Snowretard is still sleeping off last nights drunk , don't worry , he'll be here soon enough to straighten you guy's out   :lol:

13 minutes ago, Axys1 said:

Nope not at all. I believe live and let live. Islam is not a race it is a religion!! 

Religion has always separated/divided people..it's a fact! 

One of the biggest problems the world has known.

Edited by Capt.Storm
  • Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member

How many on here were denouncing Christianity after numerous Planned Paremthood attacks/shootings? 

I don't care what religion or race the shooter is/was - it's an act of violence/terrorism.  Sharia law is not the issue or even an issue.  If you're propagating sharia law as a problem - you should also be denouncing Christian fundamentalism and the violence they perpetrate.  If not - you're ignorant and simply fear mongering.