*** OFFICIAL FS Ontario Vintage Sled Thread ***

Puzzleboy

Damn, Revrnd got me to dig into my brochure archives.  Lol!  This is one I get from Central Outboard in 1995.  The prices were probably MSRP if I recall.  He only had a french brochure.  Didn't buy one though...... but the next year I bought a spanking new SLS 500 from them (my first new machine.).  Memories.....

1995 brochure.jpg

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, StevieWonder said:

You'd prob get that sled for a grand , maybe less . And it looks clean .

have to remember , it's getting vintage now . And you will not find a decent one after a while . 

Some kid will buy it and our monster decals and pogo stick risers on it .....

Too true

Our Fleet.jpg

'71 Oly 300 single

mid 70s Elan 250SS

'79 Citation 300

'81 or '82 Citation 4500

'81 Elan

'83 or '84 Citation 3500

Pic was taken in ''84 or mid winter of '85. I bought my '85 Formula MX @ the end of the winter & got 2 rides in.

1 minute ago, Puzzleboy said:

That's a beauty Rev!  Nice work!

Thanks. Had to patch the last 8 or so inches of the tunnel top. New seat cover & plywood too. The rest was mostly just sand & paint. I had the welder @ work fix some minor cracks in the muffler. I wish I knew what he used because you'd be hard-pressed to find his work after he cleaned up the welds.. He said it was a low temp rod (what ever that is). 

Yep, a good welder is invaluable when fixing up old sleds.  I've got a local guy who thus far has welded everything I gave him.  Including the float tower in a Mikuni VM40.  He has microscopes for extremely small jobs, and showed me rod as fine as lockwire. 

In the North Toronto area if anybody needs aluminum or steel welded. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, revrnd said:

Does my '81 Elan count?

DSCF0004 - Copy.JPG

Just my opinion but Elans are one of the ugliest sleds ever built. Funny though because a lot of people like them. My next door neighbour has a lot of yellow junk. At least one maybe two Elans, a Citation SS, three or four silver bullets and a '68/69 super olympic. Good job on the resto by the way.