*** OFFICIAL FS Ontario Vintage Sled Thread ***

Puzzleboy

850 twin..... hmmmmmm...... OMC....... Ficht........JohnsonTec? 

Stevie..... do you still get out occasionally, and ride on the old man's Johnson? 

Edited by Puzzleboy
  • Like 1

I can't remember if I posted these already in the old FS or maybe even this thread, but just in case I didn't, here they are again for those who are interested?

I seen them at a Thursday night car show they have every week in Marmora during the summer. No one was around when I took the pics so I know nothing about it but I thought it was pretty cool seeing something this old. My son also enjoyed looking at it as I think he thought snowmobiles had only been around a short while so to speak. 

WP_20150723_17_50_56_Pro.jpg

WP_20150723_17_51_09_Pro.jpg

WP_20150723_17_51_24_Pro.jpg

Edited by irv

Old 60's Autoboggan (essentially Polaris).  Neat old machine.  They go up for sale relatively often on the VintageSleds site. 

Well, "snowmobiles" have been around since early in the century.  Who created the first snowmobile as we know it today, is debatable.  Ski-Doo technically built the first production front engine, lightweight, rubber endless-tracked machine loosely associated with today's machines' configuration, in 1959.  Polaris also claims to have invented the snowmobile. 

I think it all comes down to what you consider a "snowmobile".  One of Bombardier's earliest designs was a model T powered sled with skis, and a propeller on the back for thrust.  That was in the 1920s, when he was 15. 

model T.jpg

2 hours ago, toslow said:

just picked this up off of a guy on another sled forum

DSC_0071.thumb.JPG.9bb002f2e09f2ff3d70e753a34bab358.jpg

You got that for a song too, from what I recall. I owned 2 once upon a time. Wrecked one in the Ganny and sold the other one to a friend. Aside from the crash, neither one gave me a bit of trouble. 

3 minutes ago, irv said:

You got that for a song too, from what I recall. I owned 2 once upon a time. Wrecked one in the Ganny and sold the other one to a friend. Aside from the crash, neither one gave me a bit of trouble. 

yeah i got it for a great deal, come with an ownership as well

Edited by toslow
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, bladefever said:

The Super Brute also came with a slide rail suspension. That had a single rail in the middle of track with NO but Hyfax. The track was supposed to cure and allow the steel to slide in the rubber..... 

That , does not sound like it would be good ..... 

• Platinum Contributing Member

I always wanted a 440 Super Brute. I went on a sled trip with my parent one time and this french guy showed up with one and I thought it was the ultimate sled.

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
3 hours ago, StevieWonder said:

Go get it , looks all together . 

Its on Facebook too. Seen it a few days ago. He wants $800 the way it sits. That's not the correct motor.

Was probably Villeneuve.....

On 12/8/2017 at 9:38 AM, Blackstar said:

I always wanted a 440 Super Brute. I went on a sled trip with my parent one time and this french guy showed up with one and I thought it was the ultimate sled.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...