*** OFFICIAL FS Ontario Vintage Sled Thread ***

Puzzleboy

12 hours ago, Garth said:

What happened with the watercross circuit?

Well the people that run it said they are 'taking a year off'. I think some people are stepping up to run a few races this summer. 

Hopefully it materializes, spent so many hours building mine and only got to race it one weekend. 

_11A9645-Edit.jpg

• Like 1

If an Elan can do it, the TX could do it..... perhaps the driver was a bit nervous. 

23 hours ago, Poncho said:

For the record I was there with my 79 TX340.....the TX would not water cross...period....wasn't going to try no matter what my buddies wanted....lol

Edited by Puzzleboy

41 minutes ago, Puzzleboy said:

If an Elan can do it, the TX could do it..... perhaps the driver was a bit nervous. 

The open grouser bar tracks on those old TX's acted like a big aerator bubble machine.  Was a track problem, those steel tracks drag you down pretty fast, that's why the solid all rubber tracked TXL worked for water cross.....no way an Elan would have gotten half the distance Blade went......but it would do better than my TX as it a had a nice all rubber track, just lacked power, 294 Elan might fair OK

2 hours ago, Poncho said:

The open grouser bar tracks on those old TX's acted like a big aerator bubble machine.  Was a track problem, those steel tracks drag you down pretty fast, that's why the solid all rubber tracked TXL worked for water cross.....no way an Elan would have gotten half the distance Blade went......but it would do better than my TX as it a had a nice all rubber track, just lacked power, 294 Elan might fair OK

My buddy's 250 Tundra longtrack and him at 145lbs went some pretty good distances on open water/broken ice.  Not sure how far as 3 of us were going down a river North west of Norland years ago.  And after first two sleds there was lots of ice chunks floating for third sled. 

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎2017‎-‎04‎-‎10 at 8:49 PM, Poncho said:

I bet you would have made it further than that kid bristow on his fusion.

24 minutes ago, Puzzleboy said:

Tim K is the guy who does the OEM style reproduction seat covers.  Has done a couple for me.  Does nice work. 

I was going to get him to do a seat for me. Good to know he does good work.

I got two covers for the 9700s from him.  He'll do the whole seat, or sell you just the skin to build your own seat.  The graphics looked very OEM.  I'll see if I have a pic. 

What sled do you need a seat for? 

1 hour ago, 2strokemerc said:

'98 xc700

My seat cover has a couple small holes. I'm going to keep the sled and try to restore it back to new condition. It's in good condition now, just needs a couple things fixed.

98 XC 700. Those were rockets. BB non power valve..........

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, bladefever said:

98 XC 700. Those were rockets. BB non power valve..........

I lined my 99 MXZ 600 up against a guy with an XC700 back in the day.  it didn't end well for me.  He was 8 sleds ahead at the 1000 ft mark and still pulling.  Those 700 were fast

• 6 months later...
  • Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, StevieWonder said:

How can you not be a fan?

They were ahead of their time. Love the outboard shocks. Didn't Ski-Doo invent that like 5 years later?

1 hour ago, Blackstar said:

How can you not be a fan?

They were ahead of their time. Love the outboard shocks. Didn't Ski-Doo invent that like 5 years later?

Think they were the first come come with a wider belt. And sleek styling.... Not like the boxes the rest were selling back then.