*** OFFICIAL FS Ontario Vintage Sled Thread ***

Puzzleboy

20 hours ago, Puzzleboy said:

I'd say your buddy's Exciter was not running right.  Acceleration was their domain, even with their 1/16" paddle track.

They were pumped up to be the fastest accelerating sled going. Total failure on acceleration along with a weak top end. The highly touted twin butterfly carbs had a bad lean spot causing major meltdowns later to be replaced by Mikuni round slides.

Big time disappointment to the Yamaha die hards........

The Excited 570 was added to the growing list along with the SS440 and 440 SRX (tss models )

1 hour ago, bladefever said:

They were pumped up to be the fastest accelerating sled going. Total failure on acceleration along with a weak top end. The highly touted twin butterfly carbs had a bad lean spot causing major meltdowns later to be replaced by Mikuni round slides.

Big time disappointment to the Yamaha die hards........

The Excited 570 was added to the growing list along with the SS440 and 440 SRX (tss models )

We used to call them Exploders......good thing the Skidoo 850 has taken the lead and now the new Exploder....poor Puzzler...

You guys kill me .  And I don't drink anyone's Kool aid , I've seen enough first year sled issues that went on for more than the first year . They all have issues . And the 850 is no different . And there's always the friend of mine , or friend of a friend who's having issues . Im sure there are , and sure there having issues , but want to hear from actual owners , the kind that post a pic of them riding them , and broke down . 

They all shit , at some point . 

22 hours ago, Puzzleboy said:

Well, this is the Vintage Thread. 

Butthurt over Polaris' poor showing in the Shootout noted.  It's a good thing we have these old references...... as yours and Blade's "memory" tends to be a bit rose-coloured. 

Have a good ride tomorrow.  I had the opportunity to ride an XCR a couple weekends ago.  Not a bad XRS copy at all...... :)  But one has to wonder..... why doesn't Polaris just copy R-Motion like they copy everything else?  They could eliminate all those Pro-Ride parts, improve aesthetics, get their costs down, and have a better riding skid. 

Why would Polaris eliminate those parts.  Actually that Polaris rear end has less moving parts then the R Motion and 10 times the comfort.....so what's your point?.....And the XCR 800 doesn't explode like 30% of the 850's built.  Also the XCR is $3000 bucks cheaper and 10 times the sled.....Doo's day are limited......the 850 like the Mach Z 1000......boom!.... Lol

Funny the same weekend you rode that XCR I rode a 1200 R Motion.... No comment.....other than it would make a nice groomer...needs an 8 track player to be up to date.

Might have fewer moving parts.... but sure takes a lot of other parts to do it.  10 times the sled?  10 times the comfort?  :)  Funny, I don't see too many ProRides in SnowCross...... why is that?   And no, a ProRide is not as comfortable as an R Motion.  Even the Lesters know that. 

Yes, it's cheaper.  You get what you pay for.....

I know, it sucks being second in the market. 

Edited by Puzzleboy

26 minutes ago, Puzzleboy said:

Might have fewer moving parts.... but sure takes a lot of other parts to do it.  10 times the sled?  10 times the comfort?  :)  Funny, I don't see too many ProRides in SnowCross...... why is that? 

Yes, it's cheaper.  You get what you pay for.....

I know, it sucks being second in the market. 

Butt Hurt noted.....How is the 8 track working?....

7 hours ago, Puzzleboy said:

Craig Marchbank's collection.  Pretty sure I saw a Blade in there somewhere....... something for bladefever's spank-bank.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZAh2ufPVBk&t=184s

That is one hell of a collection!!!!

Puzzler if you ever decide to take a tour of that place. You better give him some advanced notice......

The owner might want to take some precautions..... You might need wear a Hannibal Lector restraining device...... More so just to keep his sleds " Spotless " if you know what I mean.......

Glad to see the owner also put a Blade in his collection. He must have good taste......

• Like 1

I know, it's a bona fide brothel in there!

The Blade has to go....... doesn't it have a Polaris motor in it? 

It's not fair to the other sleds in his collection...... :)

Pat Schaffer's place in Eau Claire WI is unreal too.  He must have 3 million in vintage Doos there. 

67ba4e092fde60614dd5554a0c0ebdda.jpg

post-20560-0-36702800-1466877277.jpeg

6dc8322b89f2b20b203d53f67c65dcaa.jpg

fc65ce7e7dd49a3c49c00fe865f5774f.jpg

73deeb862c564e6498ea8b4dc90ed54f.jpg

9dcfa5a2c91cd71d3ed4a9f6a05097eb.jpg

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Puzzleboy said:

I know, it's a bona fide brothel in there!

The Blade has to go....... doesn't it have a Polaris motor in it? 

It's not fair to the other sleds in his collection...... :)

Pat Schaffer's place in Eau Claire WI is unreal too.  He must have 3 million in vintage Doos there. 

67ba4e092fde60614dd5554a0c0ebdda.jpg

post-20560-0-36702800-1466877277.jpeg

6dc8322b89f2b20b203d53f67c65dcaa.jpg

fc65ce7e7dd49a3c49c00fe865f5774f.jpg

73deeb862c564e6498ea8b4dc90ed54f.jpg

9dcfa5a2c91cd71d3ed4a9f6a05097eb.jpg

Junkyard?

1 hour ago, StevieWonder said:

Must be one hell of a fast hand cranked rubber band system ! 

I only do about half crankup..... After that I know I will be on dangerous territory.......After all only a Lester could handle getting close to the C note on lake Kevlar while hammering the Fun flipper....... Did I miss any key words?

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

• $_14.JPG
  • $_14.JPG
  • $_14.JPG
  • $_14.JPG
Date Listed 16-Mar-17
Price
$25.00
Address Barrie, ON L4M4Y8

View map

For Sale By Owner
Make Other
Model Vintage
Colour Other

CSRA will feature a Vintage Open racing class the Dayco National Snocross Finals at Horseshoe Resort on April 2. Sleds must be a minimum of (25) Years old.
The winner of the race will be awarded the Lee Memorial Cup and $500 cash.
Racers must register in advance by March 27.
For entry forms and additional info go to: www.snowcross.com

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, StevieWonder said:

That guy on the sonic is holding on for dear life ..........

I know , I used to have one . 

Here I thought he was running........ a side car.....

Handling wasn't one of their strong points then or now........

• Like 1