*** OFFICIAL FS Ontario Vintage Sled Thread ***

Puzzleboy

29 minutes ago, bladefever said:

Here I thought he was running........ a side car.....

Handling wasn't one of their strong points then or now........

Lol , a side car , I had to look close just to see the guy . 

I had a 9700 set up in mine , was fast in a straight line , but a white knuckle hold on , lol 

1 hour ago, StevieWonder said:

Lol , a side car , I had to look close just to see the guy . 

I had a 9700 set up in mine , was fast in a straight line , but a white knuckle hold on , lol 

I'm sure he would say...." I had it under control"......

Great action shot for sure......

I don't know how "vintage" that was, probably not enough sleds for multiple classes ...... look at the suspension in the Cat that stalled, and in the Sonic.... LOL   

Regardless, my back hurts after watching that vid!

Cat.jpg

Edited by Puzzleboy
  • Like 2

There was some frankensleds running that's fer sure   

I liked the phazer that was stretched to 158" with a Polaris seat   

Its too bad they didn't send them up the hill, on second thought, prolly was a good thing they didn't  

Lol, probably.  Cool to see regardless.  I'm sure it's just a numbers thing; if more people entered, they could make a couple classes. 

Either way, kudos to all of those guys.  Can't imagine running a leafer at full tilt on a Sno-X track..... ouch!

A friend was thinking of joining the vintage racing..... Until he found out that year there was only the one race (horseshoe) . Not sure how many they had this year. Way to much effort needed to do maybe..... 4 laps

On 4/3/2017 at 4:42 PM, bladefever said:

A friend was thinking of joining the vintage racing..... Until he found out that year there was only the one race (horseshoe) . Not sure how many they had this year. Way to much effort needed to do maybe..... 4 laps

That $500 payday for the winner isn't bad though! My buddy pulled a huge holeshot in the open vintage class but got taken out. I want to race it next year. 

Kinda shows how ahead of their time those phazers were. 

2 hours ago, Sedz said:

That $500 payday for the winner isn't bad though! My buddy pulled a huge holeshot in the open vintage class but got taken out. I want to race it next year. 

Here we go , now your gonna race vintage , your gonna poke your eye out kid , or your spine ........

49 minutes ago, StevieWonder said:

Here we go , now your gonna race vintage , your gonna poke your eye out kid , or your spine ........

With Depends he can win....

Edited by Poncho
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Sedz said:

Was that your friend on the Ultra Sonic? Looked like a fleet of...... ET 340's put on a clinic on for him......

• Like 1

23 hours ago, bladefever said:

Was that your friend on the Ultra Sonic? Looked like a fleet of...... ET 340's put on a clinic on for him......

No, he was in the second class, the vintage open. 

8 hours ago, bladefever said:

Honey Harbour maybe 82. 

FB_IMG_1491671297166.jpg

FB_IMG_1491671311593.jpg

That's a cool pic. 

Im bummed the our watercross circuit is pretty much shutting down this summer. I race weekend and I'm hooked. 

11 hours ago, Sedz said:

No, he was in the second class, the vintage open. 

That's a cool pic. 

Im bummed the our watercross circuit is pretty much shutting down this summer. I race weekend and I'm hooked. 

What happened with the watercross circuit?

8 minutes ago, bladefever said:

Yeah just a few...... years ago

Was that your 80 TXL. I think the Racers Edge were at that one as well.....it was a few years back......isn't that orange helmet still in your collection.

Edited by Poncho

39 minutes ago, Poncho said:

Was that your 80 TXL. I think the Racers Edge were at that one as well.....it was a few years back......isn't that orange helmet still in your collection.

Yes first Polaris of many for me. Didn't see many TXL's on the trails back then. Should have bought the Indy but was thinking that trailing arm design might be prone to break........Yeah WTF was I thinking.......

Oh and that orange helmet ..... Is still current.........

52 minutes ago, bladefever said:

Yes first Polaris of many for me. Didn't see many TXL's on the trails back then. Should have bought the Indy but was thinking that trailing arm design might be prone to break........Yeah WTF was I thinking.......

Oh and that orange helmet ..... Is still current.........

Thought so........

i remember seeing Chris from Racers Edge sink a Centurion on one of those water crosses.....

• Like 1