What do you guys use for a camera?

ckf

6 hours ago, ckf said:

I think I'm going to bite the bullet and order a Panasonic G85 with the 12-60mm kit lens. Trouble is they are on back order at Adorama right now. Wasn't there someone else here that shoots micro 4/3's? Was it @spin_dry or @ActionfigureJoe ? Olympus or Panasonic?

i use an olympus exclusively. have you checked out the OM-D E-M1 Mark II? other than the olympus over complicated settings bar, it's a dynamite camera. 

1 hour ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

i use an olympus exclusively. have you checked out the OM-D E-M1 Mark II? other than the olympus over complicated settings bar, it's a dynamite camera. 

I haven't really looked at Olympus because everything I've read gives the nod to Panasonic when it comes to video.

39 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

id have to agree. i'm not a video guy so olys work well for me. 

I've been enjoying shooting video lately. I still have my Nikon D7200 also.

• 2 weeks later...

I just bit the bullet and ordered the Panasonic G85 with the 12-60mm kit lens. I also ordered a Panasonic 20mm f1.7 II prime to go with it. I had version I of that lens when I had my micro 4/3 kit in the past and found it to be super sharp. I'm looking forward to getting back in to the micro 4/3 system for both photos and video. I'm going to keep my Nikon D7200 with the Sigma 150-600mm lens for birds and wildlife.

43 minutes ago, Boered said:

I am going green and have hired this guy to follow me everywhere. Image result for tv artists painting shows

Looking forward to seeing your next bike photos  paintings :lol: 

• 4 weeks later...

I'm really liking the Panasonic G85. I just decided to bite the bullet and go all in on the micro 4/3 systems. I'm going to sell my Nikon stuff and start building my system around  micro 4/3. I just ordered a Panasonic 100-300 mk II lens for wildlife to go with the 12-60mm Panasonic and 20mm f/1.7 lenses that I currently have. I'll probably pick up another camera body for backup and a few more lenses. @ActionfigureJoe any suggestions on the Olympus side for a good inexpensive body? What about lens suggestions to compliment what I already have?

I received my Panasonic 100-300 Mark II lens today. Unfortunately I didn't get a chance to do much with it. Now that I've listed my Nikon gear on Ebay I need to pickup another Micro 4/3 body. I'd like something on the compact side. I'm leaning towards something from Olympus. Any suggestions @ActionfigureJoe ?

25 minutes ago, ckf said:

I received my Panasonic 100-300 Mark II lens today. Unfortunately I didn't get a chance to do much with it. Now that I've listed my Nikon gear on Ebay I need to pickup another Micro 4/3 body. I'd like something on the compact side. I'm leaning towards something from Olympus. Any suggestions @ActionfigureJoe ?

price range and how compact? 

Edited by ActionfigureJoe

13 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

I'd like to keep it below $750 if possible.. Olympus has refurbished E-M5 Mk II on sale for $519 if I order by midnight. It's currently back ordered though.  It's a little bigger than I wanted, but it sounds like a nice camera for the price?

3 hours ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

Is the E-M10 mk II any good? I really like the colors of my old EPL5 over the Panasonic G3 that I had at the time.

On 7/11/2017 at 11:43 PM, ckf said:

Is the E-M10 mk II any good? I really like the colors of my old EPL5 over the Panasonic G3 that I had at the time.

i do like that camera. the price right as well. however, it doesn't fit my hands. it's a little too flat. i like more of a molded feel of a camera body. i suggest that you hold one to see how it fits. 

1 minute ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

i do like that camera. the price right as well. however, it doesn't fit my hands. it's a little too flat. i like more of a molded feel of a camera body. i suggest that you hold one to see how it fits. 

I do like the DSLR feel of my G85. What are you currently using?

26 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

i have the first generation EM-5 with the handgrip/extra battery 

IMG_6029.JPG

My main reason for another body is to have a camera strictly for photos. The reason I want an Olympus is for their .jpg processor. In your opinion is the E-M5 a better camera than the E-M10? They have refurbished E-M5's with 12-50mm kit lens for $450.

Edit: I see you have a Panasonic lens on your camera :bc:

1.jpg

Edited by ckf

1 minute ago, ckf said:

My main reason for another body is to have a camera strictly for photos. The reason I want an Olympus is for their .jpg processor. In your opinion is the E-M5 a better camera than the E-M10? They have refurbished E-M5's with 12-50mm kit lens for $450.

1.jpg

i think the em-10 is a better camera. 

• Like 1