What do you guys use for a camera?

ckf

I never owned a camera in my life until a couple years ago.

I bought a cheap point and shoot used Olympus, takes decent pics outside but not indoors.

So i bought a newer Olympus point and shoot, works good indoors but the older camera is better outside.

When I'm at work I use my Samsung phone, sometimes decent pics, sometimes not.

I don't have a lot of patience so fiddling with settings is not for me.

Having said that though I would like a decent DSLR for taking pics of all the birds we get in the backyard. Someday.  

• Like 1

Just now, washedupmxer said:

If a go pro was easier to use like a point and shoot id use it for everything, they are just awesome  

I think the new Hero 5 is easier to use than the older models.

2 minutes ago, 2strokemerc said:

I never owned a camera in my life until a couple years ago.

I bought a cheap point and shoot used Olympus, takes decent pics outside but not indoors.

So i bought a newer Olympus point and shoot, works good indoors but the older camera is better outside.

When I'm at work I use my Samsung phone, sometimes decent pics, sometimes not.

I don't have a lot of patience so fiddling with settings is not for me.

Having said that though I would like a decent DSLR for taking pics of all the birds we get in the backyard. Someday.  

I enjoy photographing birds :bc:

2012_01_31_cardinal2.jpg

28 minutes ago, washedupmxer said:

that has be photoshopped right? 

The only thing I did in PS was an auto levels. That image is from when I was living in NH. Rob even drove over to photograph the Cardinal because he never had at any visit his feeders.

8 minutes ago, dirtybeacher said:

My buddy is fanatical when it comes to shooting birds of prey, he baits them with mice.  

IMG_1601.JPG

IMG_1602.JPG

IMG_1603.JPG

Very nice :bc:

38 minutes ago, ckf said:

I enjoy photographing birds :bc:

2012_01_31_cardinal2.jpg

Yup, I've seen of your shots of birds. Someday I'll be asking you for advice about cameras. I have a feeder that I keep seed in on a daily basis. We get all kinds of birds. About a year ago we had three pairs of Cardinals along with many others on the same day. My son got a book of Ontario birds when he was young so if I wanted to identify what species we get I could do, but it's just nice to watch them from the kitchen. They are interesting to watch, don't need to identify them.   

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 2strokemerc said:

Yup, I've seen of your shots of birds. Someday I'll be asking you for advice about cameras. I have a feeder that I keep seed in on a daily basis. We get all kinds of birds. About a year ago we had three pairs of Cardinals along with many others on the same day. My son got a book of Ontario birds when he was young so if I wanted to identify what species we get I could do, but it's just nice to watch them from the kitchen. They are interesting to watch, don't need to identify them.   

I'd be more than happy to help :bc:

Forgot to mention, we have a pair of Peregrine falcons nesting in the hangar I work in. At the airport they have dedicated guys to keep on eye on the birds. One of them told me last week that they must be a young, yearling pair because they were making a lot of noise.

• Like 1

Awesome pictures guys. I just use my S7 for most stuff and its really pretty amazing for a phone but its not a nikon or anything like that. Also have a hero3 black edition it works awesome for moving stuff. I have some good videos of riding the river on my XR650R and sleds. Ill have to dig some up. the FPS on the gopro is impressive for moving objects or high speed

yeah mine is a a6000 just say nex cuz it is what they were called for yrs this one is less than a yr old . we have 2 older gen nex .I like it my wife uses way more than me but she actually likes the older I think 4000 better . prob just habit

• Like 1

Just now, Ez ryder said:

yeah mine is a a6000 just say nex cuz it is what they were called for yrs this one is less than a yr old . we have 2 older gen nex .I like it my wife uses way more than me but she actually likes the older I think 4000 better . prob just habit

I got the A5000 for making videos. I've noticed a lot of the pro photographers have been switching to the Sony mirrorless cameras. I can't wait for it to get here so I can try it out.